Slumberhouse Sadanne ~ new fragrance

Slumberhouse Sådanne

Indie brand Slumberhouse has launched Sådanne, a new fragrance.

Stained glass syrup
Serenades in damascone minor
Allegory obscured / pastel wound
A slurry of subtlety

******

Syrupy strawberry and animalic ambergris swirl together in this intoxicating elixir. Balsamic and rich, Sådanne proves to be another unique and beautiful addition to the Slumberhouse line.

Slumberhouse Sådanne can be found now at Alder & Co, $160 for 50 30 ml Eau de Parfum.

(first quote via slumberhouse, second quote via alderandcoshop)

1. thegoddessrena says:

In spite of the fact that Zahd was an unmitigated disaster on my skin I’ll still sniff this if Twisted Lily gets it in– I liked Sana enough to buy a bottle but I am not so curious that I’ll pay for a sample…

• djron91 says:

So sorry that Zahd didn’t work for you – I absolutely love it. I’ve been through half my bottle already (and managed to get a back up bottle.) I am looking forward to sniffing this new one.

I have only tried a few from the line, and only briefly…need to spend more time with them. But these are spendy so will be fine with me if I don’t love them.

• CM says:

Even though Zahd was not my favorite, this one looks interesting. So many of the Slumberhouse line feel too masculine for my tastes but Pear and Olive is terrific!

2. AnnS says:

The PR sounds like a Prix eau Faux entry!

‘A slurry of subtlety’ ought to get you into the finals…

• AnnS says:

:-) Sounds like a bad frozen beverage!

3. Erin says:

I like a pastel wound, myself. But I do really like Slumberhouse: Pear + Olive and Ore and Sova. The idea of strawberry with something anything animalic or potentially salty or unusual, appeals, too – I think of my beloved S-perfumes S-ex.

• Erin says:

Uh, pick your preferred word: something OR anything.

4. Omega says:

Most of their line has not been my thing…Pear was a no along with a few others. But strawberry and ambergris sound interesting.

• Omega says:

If too syrup-y though…which it may be…doesn’t sound like something I’d like.

5. dewey eyed says:

Oh my, I get to be the lucky commenter who has actually smelled this.

It’s far less dense than Zahd, and the strawberry wasn’t apparent to me – there is a fruitiness, but more like something that has caramelized while it baked in a tart. It smells like spilled rose wine. There’s a sense of crushed herbs, wool, warmed honey, and dust, and while it’s complex, it remains much brighter than many of Slumberhouse’s other works.