Diana Vreeland ~ new perfume line

Diana Vreeland fragrances

Diana Vreeland, the well-known editor of Harper's Bazaar and Vogue (she died in 1989) will have a new line of fragrances in her name. The brand was created by her grandson, Alexander Vreeland, who also recently published Diana Vreeland Memos: The Vogue Years

The five fragrances — Extravagance Russe, Absolutely Vital, Perfectly Marvelous, Outrageously Vibrant and Simply Divine — reportedly feature "vibrant" top notes that echo Vreeland's "distinct style". They will launch before this year's New York Fashion Week (in September). In France, they will be exclusive to Colette.

I will update with more information when I can.

(via en.vogue.fr, ladepeche.fr)

1. rose pepper says:

Hmmm … I really like the clear bottles and colorful juice. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a vibrant pink perfume that smells sophisticated?

Yes! Would be great if these were really well done. Shame if they’ve done crap in her name…

2. C.H. says:

I will choose to be optimistic about this! Her granddaughter (by marriage, I think) did such a great job with the film; hoping her grandson does similarly excellent work!

Did not know, or forgot, that her granddaughter made the film…great movie.

3. juicejones says:

I hope they are really bold and glorious. I can’t wait to try them. Great names to announce when you are asked what fragrance you are wearing.
    The family seems driven to keep her name alive. I wouldn’t want her voice in my head for making a misstep!

Agree, great names, would have to have her memory associated with wimpy or bad fragrances.

4. chandler_b says:

OH MY! Diana is one my heroines and I love how during one the 70′s Met Costume Gala which was themed on Russia, she permeated the place with Cuir de Russe fuming from the airvents!

Jessica was just telling me that she used to scent all the exhibits :-)

5. nozknoz says:

I adore Diana Vreeland, but a trend of posthumous celebrity scents would really worry me.

Yes. I think they should stop w/ the Elizabeth Taylor scents too.

• Oakland Fresca says:

I agree… We’d get Nat and Natalie’s duet of femme and homme cologne’s Unforgettable…. Or Francis Bacon’s three studies of water, pur parfum….