Jessica Simpson by Jessica Simpson ~ new perfume

Jessica Simpson by Jessica Simpson, advert

Jessica Simpson will launch Jessica Simpson, a new floral gourmand fragrance, in August. The scent is reportedly more sophisticated and mature than the Fancy series that started with 2008's Fancy Jessica Simpson.

Jessica Simpson was developed by perfumer Marypierre Julien. The notes include citrus, clementine, nectarine, pomegranate, apricot, frangipani, night-blooming jasmine, orange blossom, tiger lily, white chocolate, vanilla bean, sandalwood, tonka bean and driftwood.

Jessica Simpson by Jessica Simpson will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in a rollerball.

(via wwd)

1. Lucy says:

White chocolate, vanilla, and Tonka bean? It kind of sounds like one of those chocolate oranges that you have to break open to eat. Can’t remember the name but they’re plentiful around Christmas.

Probably not my cup of tea, but kudos to her/whatever company she’s with for at least acknowledging the need for something more sophisticated.

It sounds mighty sweet. On the other hand, the same perfumer made Rihanna Rogue & Kate Walsh Boyfriend, both of which were pretty darned good.

• Lucy says:

Well, that’s enough of an endorsement for me to try it. I didn’t purchase either one but thought they were surprisingly good. Both would make my list of top celebrity scents.

2. mutzi says:

It does not sound more sophisticated to me than Fancy Nights. I found FN a very impressive celebrity scent; I own a small bottle of it and think it’s a great cold weather fragrance.

Agree…and I thought Fancy was pretty good too. But it’s always hard to tell from a list of notes whether something will be sophisticated or not!

• mutzi says:

True. I do like Fancy, but ended up passing it on to a niece. I am keeping the Fancy Nights. And I will try this one. Now that Jessica Simpson has moved past the edible fragrances, I think she has offered some very pleasing scents.

• ringthing says:

Fancy Nights was a midwinter impulse buy for me this past year and I really like it.

3. Omega says:

That doesn’t look like JS. But ads rarely look real anyway…

Sounds too sweet, haven’t liked any of her scents. Fancy Nights was kinda nasty to me, though I appreciate it and it’s definitely more interesting than a good chunk of celeb scents. But I entirely hate original Fancy, just really gross to me. Perhaps I don’t care for Jessicaide.

Agree, this sounds far less sophisticated than Fancy Nights…perhaps they think we forgot about that one.:p.