1. missyl says:

Good afternoon Robin and fellow smell-fanatics! It’s glorious weather, isn’t it!?
    Robin- I was wondering where to post this… I have a question for you and any other perfumistas that want to join in and help… I get to go to Malaysia this summer ( !!!) and I’d like some help; I know this group will understand my desire to plan ahead so I don’t miss out on this special ‘smelling’ opportunity! :)
    1. What perfume wears well in that kind of heat plus humidity without strangling you and everyone else in your sillage range? What would be good to take-buy to wear in Malaysia?
    2. Is there a local brand of perfume or brand that is available there- and not here in the US- that I should try while I’m in the area?
    3. Anything I should make sure to find and smell? Trees, flowers, foliage?
    I like rose notes, tuberose, insence, ambergris, amber, and carnation, and iris. I do not like melon and heavy aldehydes. The perfumes I wear the most.. Stella, Velvet Rose, Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia, and Hermes Eau De Mervilles .
    Thank you ahead of time for any information and time! Syl

There will be an open thread poll next Saturday, highly suggest you post then! Doubt that many people will even see this here.

• missyl says:

Thank you Robin! I’ll repost Saturday.

• Kelly Red says:

Malaysia is the heart of OUD!! Agerwood is grown here commercially and is everywhere. I know there is controversy over naturally occuring and “injected” agerwood, but as we’ve all seen with the oud trend, natural can’t keep up. Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, all these countries have invested heavily in agerwood farming.

• Kelly Red says:

AGARWOOD! Good grief, I know how it’s spelled and made the mistake repeatedly :(

2. Fabio says:

I really like the bottle as it reminds me the one used some years ago for Habit Rouge and Vetiver.

I’m a big fun of the house, I hope they’ve made something appealing young gentlemen… but with the guerlinade!

I hope so too! I liked Guerlain Homme. No idea how it sold, though.

• Fabio says:

I only liked the versione L’Eau Boisée; they’ve just re-designed the cap (and I hope only that) from a woody one to a transparent plastic one.

Let’s hope for the best!

3. kindcrow says:

That video annoys me. They were trying too hard, I think.

I didn’t like it either…much preferred the advertising for Guerlain Homme & La Petite Robe Noire.

• annemarie says:

Trying to be cool usually ends up making you look … not.