Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Wood ~ new fragrance

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Wood

Thierry Mugler will launch A*Men Pure Wood, a new limited edition fragrance for men. A*Men Pure Wood is a limited edition flanker to 1997′s A*Men, and follows A*Men Pure Energy, A*Men Pure Shot, A*Men Pure Havane, A*Men Pure Malt and A*Men Pure Coffee, among others.

The untamed energy of nature collides with the refinement of A*MEN. A wild encounter, for connoisseurs only... A*MEN Pure Wood, bold seduction.

Notes for the woody oriental include oak, coffee, cypress, vanilla and patchouli.

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Wood will be available in 100 ml Eau de Toilette; look for it in July.

(quote via Thierry Mugler at Facebook, additional information via blog.parfumoutlet.nlthesundaygirl)

1. Marjorie Rose says:

*giggle*
    A fragrance for men called “Wood. . .” !!!

Already imagining the flankers. . . Sport Wood! Fresh Wood! Morning Wood! (I know, I need to go back to middle school where I belong!)

• Dusan says:

LOL at Morning Wood!

Yep, it’s definitely joke-worthy. You’re not the first :-)

• Marjorie Rose says:

Yes, well, that is a consistent attribute to 12 year-old humor–it’s predictable! ;)

2. The Bark says:

I’ve got the copywriter in me on this one:

Is that Pure Wood you’re sporting, or are you just happy to see me?

Rubbing your Pure Wood just right can start a fire. (That’s what she said).

3. pyramus says:

Mugler gets all kinds of credit from me for making flakers that are actually related to the original scent, but sometimes there’s just not quite enough variety between them. I bought Pure Coffee and Pure Malt and wear them weekly (a rare thing for me), but Pure Havana and the leather and red-pepper versions didn’t seem different enough to make them worth investing in.

Doesn’t mean I won’t give this one a try, though.

Agree, they’ve done a good job more often than most. At some point, they will run out of viable variations!

4. BigslyFragrance says:

I’m hoping this is less about wood notes and more about softening up their Pure Coffee scent. Do we need another vanilla/woody masculine scent? I certainly wouldn’t be interested in that sort of thing. However, if it’s a smoother version of Pure Coffee I’d probably buy it if I could get it at the original retail price.

5. platinum14 says:

I was a little shocked when I went to the Toronto Mugler counter, the same counter that has the exclusive Les Exceptions collection, and they had never heard of this one. I had to take out my phone and show them pictures of the bottle. One month before the release? At this specific Mugler counter? Seems a bit strange

6. Omega says:

Haven’t liked one TM scent, doubting this will turn me to the line.

7. Merlin says:

I only woke up to the Amen series at the time of Pure Havane so I missed out the two before that – the two that were said to be even better. While I like Pure Havane, I have to admit I don’t like it enough to own a 100ml bottle of it…