Isaac Mizrahi Eau So Fabulous ~ new perfume

Isaac Mizrahi Eau So Fabulous

Designer Isaac Mizrahi has launched Eau So Fabulous, the second flanker to 2012's Fabulous, his debut fragrance. The first flanker was last year's Fabulous Intense.

This Isaac Mizrahi Eau So Fabulous perfume will be your new favorite with floral, fruity and woody notes.

The notes feature mandarin, mango, raspberry, wild jasmine, osmanthus, water lily, praline, blonde woods and musk.

Isaac Mizrahi Eau So Fabulous is available now at Kohl's, in 30 ($35) and 50 ($50) ml Eau de Toilette.

(via kohls)

1. Marjorie Rose says:

Once again, I find myself reaching for a term that communicates the opposite of “aspirational pricing” . . .

Yeah!

• Sabrina Kane says:

Just skimmed Wikipedia for a primer on aspirational branding. Would the opposite term here be “commodity pricing”?

Ha, could be. But it’s more the general low market presentation, & can’t think of a term that encompasses all of that in the same way that “aspirational” does :-)

2. Thalia says:

I just researched Unzipped, the 90s documentary about Mizrahi. He was this couture enfant terrible back then, and now he’s working for Target and his perfumes are $30 at Kohl ‘s! Much cognitive dissonance here.

Yes — agree. But most of his designs are still uber expensive…hard to believe he could not do better on the fragrances!

3. Thalia says:

Rewatched, not researched. Damon you, autocorrect!

4. KLMNOP says:

Worst name ever. Ugh. It just seems like a fragrance someone’s mom would buy for them during a back to school sale. I’m a big fan of puns if used ironically by the right brand. Lush can get away with a cheesy pun. Etat Libré d’Orange can. CB I Hate Perfumes can. But Isaac Mizrahi? Then pair it with the self-congratulatory name “Fabulous” and we’re entering Cool Shoes™ territory.

Oh, it just can’t be the worst name ever. How about Paris Hilton Can Can Burlesque?

:-)

• KLMNOP says:

I don’t know. I think I’d prefer Isaac Mizrahi Can Can Burlesque over Isaac Mizrahi Eau So Fabulous. The bad part of her perfume’s name was the “Paris Hilton” part, right? ;)

I really, truly love a good punny title, too. I think it’s the “Fabulous” part that seems so self-congratulatory and gross to me. And the lame pun is just the icing on the cake.

• KLMNOP says:

(If it were a trashy AbFab-inspired scent, I might be willing to change my mind, though.)

And we need a trashy Ab-Fab scent, wish they’d do one already.