Jo Malone London Rain ~ new fragrances

Jo Malone London Rain

Jo Malone will launch London Rain, a new quartet of perfumes — Rain & Angelica, Wisteria & Violet, White Jasmine & Mint and Black Cedarwood & Juniper — inspired by London's "many types of rain". The fragrances were developed by perfumer Christine Nagel, and will debut in March.

Rain & Angelica ~ inspired by dewy mornings in London parks, with lime, angelica, vetiver, rain accord.

Wisteria & Violet ~ gentle morning drizzle, with water lily, wisteria, violet and patchouli.

White Jasmine & Mint ~ presumably a re-release of the 2007 White Jasmine & Mint fragrance. This one is for an afternoon rainstorm, with mint, jasmine and mate.

Black Cedarwood & Juniper ~ midnight rain, with cumin, chili leaves, juniper and cedar.

(via vogue.co.ukchicprofile, thesundaygirl)

1. donanicola says:

London Rain???? They’re having a laugh. It’s been doing nothing but bl**dy rain for the last 6 weeks, I doubt anyone will want to be reminded of rain. On the other hand, it’s Christine Nagel so at least worth a sniff.

It’s like launching something for the East Coast of the US right now and calling it “Polar Vortex”, LOL…

2. floragal says:

Shrug.
    Doesn’t she already do a Jasmine & Mint scent?

Do like the ombre bottles :)

As it says above, probably just a relaunch of sorts. But don’t know for sure.

• Merlin says:

The bottles do look beautiful! Reminiscent of the un Jardins!

3. cleopatracharm says:

It’s a good idea but the final product doesn’t sound too appealing. I’m a big fan of the natural smell of rain but it’s hard to capture that so it needs a few more dramatic notes. Probably going to avoid this one!

4. Anna Stromberg says:

Ah, the bottles are beautiful! And the name Rain & Angelica is also beautiful. On the other hand, I had a bottle of the 2007 White jasmine & mint, and it’s one of two bottles that’s ever gone bad for me (other was Creed Acqua Fiorentina). I wouldn’t buy that again.

• mals86 says:

Agree on the bottles and name.

The earlier version, at least, of White Jasmine and Mint was SO dreadful on me that people recoiled from it on my arm. I’m quite sure it was a skin interaction because it was very different on paper.

5. rivercitylizzy says:

Interesting that they are highlighting characteristics of the different rains of London–if others can tell the difference between them, hahaha!

When they do a series on the different rains of Hawaii, well then they’ll REALLY have my interest ;)

6. scentfromabove says:

Oh Robin, you know you just made my day with this article. I loooovvveeee Jo Malone fragrances! I’m sure you are right about the White Jasmine and Mint (I use this one as a fall fragrance), but Wisteria and Violet has me very curios. I was wondering when JM would be releasing something new!
    I know you aren’t a huge fan, especially when Estee Lauder bought the company out, but I appreciate the review. I am elated!
    If I can’t ever go to London, I might as well smell like I have. LOL!

• floragal says:

I’m a fan of the Blue Agava & Cacao. Bought a full bottle in 2013!

7. Omega says:

Few Jo Mos have made me want to get a full bottle. Though, I do love Nectarine Blossom and Honey and would like a fb of that one. I would like to sniff Wisteria and Violet the most out of these.

• scentfromabove says:

Nectarine Blossom and Honey is my signature fragrance. This is the scent that began my love affair with Jo Malone. Since then, I am a true cult follower. LOL. Go ahead and buy that full bottle. You won’t regret it.

8. kindcrow says:

I like Blue Agava & Cacao. I have a FB of it.

I have a sample of Vintage Gardenia, and I like it (I think Robin liked it too?). The gardenia-incense-spice combo is nice. They should re-issue that one.