Serge Lutens Laine de Verre ~ new fragrance

Serge Lutens Laine de Verre

Serge Lutens will launch Laine de Verre in February. Laine de Verre (Glass Wool) is the third fragrance in the L’Eau series that already includes 2010's L’Eau Serge Lutens and 2012's L’Eau Froide.

The notes include citrus, aldehydes, musk and cashmeran.

Serge Lutens Laine de Verre will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via marieclaire.fr)

Update: see a review of Serge Lutens Laine de Verre.

1. galbanumgal says:

citrus & aldehydes fine, musk & cashmeran not so much…

Well, nearly everything has musk whether they tell you or not :-)

2. foxbins says:

Glass wool? Like that pink house insulation? Ouch! It sounds better in French, though

I like the notes, may have to try it but I tend to like heavier scents than “Eaus.”

Everything sounds better in French.

I have not loved the Eaus so far either, although they were both well done.

• Merlin says:

Uh hum – clears throat – most things originally named or written in French sound better in French. I’m going to have to insist that Shakespeare would not:)

Ha…of course you are right. But it often works for perfume names :-)

3. Poucette says:

Laine de Verre is what we used in France to decorate our Christmas tree when I was a child. It’s spun glass that looks like snow–very fine and glistenny.

4. Fernando says:

I guess the correct English translation would be “fiberglass”, which certainly doesn’t sound appetizing.

• 50_Roses says:

Actually, glass wool is a correct term. I work in a laboratory and we do use glass wool for a number of purposes.

5. Mary says:

I remember the glass wool from my childhood and Christmas tree. It kind of tickeled your skin when touching it. It looked beautiful.
    L’eau froide is nice in my opinion so I will take a look and see if I am able to get a sample of this Laine de Verre.

6. cazaubon says:

I smelled this, it is very synthetic and chemical-smelling, with an appropriately scratchy feel. For me it is the worst so far of the eau series… The only one I consider wearable is L’Eau Froide.