The first recorded public scent concert in North America

In 1902, a New York based art critic, writer and grand eccentric presented the first recorded public scent concert in North America: A Trip to Japan in Sixteen Minutes. This man was called Sadakichi Hartmann, and the concert was an unmitigated fiasco.

— The Institute for Art and Olfaction will recreate that concert at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles, January 9 through 12. Tickets are limited but free; read more here.

1. Karin says:

Okay…is anyone else seeing that ad in the upper right for the animated League of Angels? Uhhh…on a perfume blog? Let’s just say, it’s lots of T&A. FYI, Robin!

• Karin says:

And…it keeps on playing over and over again…

2. Karin says:

Oh! Just switched to Bond No 9.

What you see is sometimes related more to your own browsing history than anything on the blog…I’ve never seen League of Angels, but often see shoes from Nordstrom :-)

• Karin says:

Can’t imagine why I’d see something like that!!! My account’s been hacked!? I’d much rather see shoes from Nordstrom!

Now I’m seeing Secret Body Spray. Huh? OK, this AdChoices thing is waaaay off base. Weird.

Anyway…sorry to hijack the post. ;-) Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Who knows. But if you want to see shoes from Nordstrom, just go to Nordstrom and look at shoes before you come here — that seems to be how it works for me. In fact, it’s often the exact same pair of shoes.

• Karin says:

LOL…crazy, huh? Gremlins in the internet, tracking our every move…or making things up along the way! ;-)