Holiday fragrance gifts 2013, part 1

It’s Black Friday or Buy Nothing Day — take your pick. Whether you’re shopping or not, it never hurts to look, right? As we usually do, we’re kicking off this year’s string of holiday gift posts with a bunch o’ scented bath & body products. More to come over the next few weeks!

More holiday shopping ideas: check out EauMG's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide for Natural Beauties.

Escentric Molecules Body Washes

From Escentric Molecules, Body Washes in the brand's 01, 02 and 03 fragrances: "...the main ingredient is Energen. This in conjunction with the fragrance helps give the product an unprecedented four-in-one action; each wash is simultaneously energising, moisturising, cleansing and fragrancing." At Barneys, $45 each for 200 ml.

Cucina hand cream recipe box gift set

From Cucina, a hand cream /recipe box gift set: "Recipe Box Set contains an assortment of 5 regenerating hand creams (.8 oz. each), 5 divider tabs and 25 blank recipe cards." $28 at eBubbles.

Agraria Lime & Orange Blossom Bath Salts

From Agraria, Lime & Orange Blossom Bath Salts: "Inspired by the scallop shell included to use as a scoop, these decorative and collectible Agraria boxes are wrapped in custom-designed gold-foil paper that expresses each fragrance. Filled with 2-pounds of bath salts from the Dead Sea and fragranced with Agraria essential oils, they create a wonderfully synergistic combination for a relaxing and healing bath." $45 at Neiman Marcus.

Figs & Rouge lip balm tin in Rambling Rose

From Figs & Rouge, lip balm tins in Rambling Rose (shown), Pomegranate, Coco Vanilla, Wild Cherry and Aloe & Mint. $9 each at b-glowing.

Trish McEvoy Sexy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Body Sponge

From Trish McEvoy, a Sexy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Body Sponge: "Luxuriously infused with the iconic scent of Trish's Sexy 9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk and enriched with skin-nourishing vitamin E, shea butter and natural humectants, Trish's richly foaming Body Sponge will cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and soften your skin. Ensconced in a charming seashell dish. Moisten sponge with warm water to release lather and massage over skin. Squeeze out excess moisture and store in seashell dish until next use." $48 at Lord & Taylor.

Orla Kiely Geranium hand care set

From Orla Kiely, the Geranium hand care set: "Orla Kiely Geranium uses a blend of essential oils including geranium, eucalyptus, and clary sage that refreshes and cleanses the mind and body. The set includes 250ml hand wash, 250ml hand lotion, and ceramic tray." $34 at Neiman Marcus.

Bottega Veneta, Hair Mist

From Bottega Veneta, Hair Mist: "Delicate and unique, this ethereal, lightly scented spray is the ultimate finishing touch to the beauty ritual. An exceptionally feminine gesture that leaves a subtle yet unforgettable trail of Bottega Veneta that lingers in the air." 30 ml for £32 at Harvey Nichols in the UK.

The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter

From The Body Shop, Cranberry Joy Body Butter: "Our iconic Body Butter in a limited-edition festive fragrance. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling softer and smoother." $20 at The Body Shop.

1. C.H. says:

Ah continuing on the subject of hair mists! I’d love to hear from anyone who’s tried this BV one–curious whether it will more closely resemble the EDP or EDT–or neither?

I’d like to know too. I think it has not made its way to the US yet — at least, I could not find it in a US store online.

2. nozknoz says:

Please remind me to go to Neiman Marcus AFTER Christmas to see if those bath salts and other Christmas fragrance specials are on sale. That’s how I got my AG Noël spray and a box of Claus Porto soaps a few years ago. :-)

Hey, I was going to ask you to remind *me*! Did you get that AG half off? I love that spray, Kevin sent me a decant & I’ve used it all up.

• nozknoz says:

I don’t remember exactly, but the discounts were amazing, especially since that room spray is worthwhile even at full price, and the Claus Porto soaps last forever.

It’s a fabulous scent, isn’t it? FYI, I had the Noël candle some years ago and liked it even better. It was so concentrated that it didn’t need to be lit, even though it was only a bit larger than votive size, it would scent a whole room. I’d probably still have it if it hadn’t melted during a move.

3. Marjorie Rose says:

Pre-perfumistahood, I used to rush out to buy a few bottles of TBS peppermint lotion this time of year–love the smell of it and the tingle as I rubbed it into my tired skin! The body wash was pretty nice and perky, too!

Hey, that sounds nice! I did not even see it over there but didn’t know to look…they’re pushing the cranberry & ginger at the moment.

• Marjorie Rose says:

No idea if they still carry it–it was called “Twisted Peppermint” and was a quite strong, straight-up peppermint, which I liked!

Looks like it’s gone. They’ve got a few peppermint foot products, that’s it.

• Marjorie Rose says:

Oh, that’s too bad! I could so easily talk myself into buying some peppermint body wash, if I ran into some!

• hajusuuri says:

The Twisted Peppermint is available at Bath & Body Works…and as with just about anything in the store, it’s on sale!

• Marjorie Rose says:

OH! Sounds like I’ve confused it (as I often do) with TBS! Thanks for the correction!

• scentfromabove says:

Yeah, twisted peppermint is one of my faves from BBW.
          I got a sample size of the cranberry body butter from Ulta (since they sell a lot of TBS’s stuff. They closed most of our TBS’s down in Houston, so I either get it online or at Ulta). It smells AMAZING!

4. ceciliat says:

Hey Robin — any chance you’ve tried the 03 body wash? I just got my sample of 03 out but it seems to have gone off a bit (I think I liked it). It would be a fairly inexpensive blind buy but it would be nice to know if someone else who likes vetiver has tried it. I’ve been eyeing it at LuckyScent ever since they got it in.

LOL…sorry, no, and laughing because I’ve been eyeing it too! Haven’t seen these reviewed anywhere either, although I haven’t really searched around.

5. hajusuuri says:

Except for the Bath Salts and the Body Sponge, these all look very tempting..for me, of course :-).

• nozknoz says:

These are so appealing, one would have to buy two of each “gift” in order for the planned recipient to have a chance.

• hajusuuri says:

What, did I miss something? I thought these were gifts for us perfumistas! ;-) For-me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me (sing to the tune of Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la)

Now, now. Tis best to give and receive. One for you, one for me, one for you…

• Marjorie Rose says:

That’s how I feel about Christmas cookies, too!

I don’t want that body sponge, but it intrigued me — probably haven’t been paying attention, but I didn’t know they sold bath sponges that were pre-scented & would hold the scent through multiple uses.