Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Energy ~ new fragrance

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Energy

Thierry Mugler has launched A*Men Pure Energy, a new limited edition fragrance for men. The fresh spicy woods scent is a limited edition flanker to 1997′s A*Men, and follows last year's A*Men Pure Shot.*

A*Men Pure Energy was developed by perfumer Jacques Huclier (who also created the original A*Men) and features notes of mint, juniper, cardamom, white pepper, red wood and patchouli.

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Energy is available in 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via oui-lemag, tendance-parfums)

*It actually sounds identical to Pure Shot, and may just be the same scent.

1. TheSnailsPajamas says:

Might be an attempt to distance consumers from the memory of using Pistorius for the ad campaign.

• Yes… the bottle seems exactly the same and the note quite similar. I half-wonder if it’s just Pure Shot, repackaged and renamed.

Exactly what I was thinking.

2. sweetgrass says:

Huh.. I thought Pure Energy already existed as a flanker.. The name is sounding really familiar for some reason. I guess I’m getting it mixed up with Pure Shot.. or maybe something else.

Bet you’re thinking of Pure Shot — and the tag line for Pure Shot was “pure energy in a bottle”.

3. Diana says:

Has Muggler been crowned for King of Flankers yet? This is getting repetitive and boring!

You know, he really isn’t the king of the flankers, but having only 4 pillar scents over such a long period of time sure does make him seem like it!

• Diana says:

Lol, yeah, once I wrote out my knee-jerk reaction I thought about how silly it was. And I will give him credit for sticking with what works and being unashamed about it!

Hey, I have that knee jerk reaction nearly every day!

But will say that their original plan — make a weird fragrance, stand by it until the world comes around — is admirable. They haven’t totally stuck with the plan, but still.

• Lys says:

I do have Mugler fatigue, but to be fair these flankers are stellar (ha!) reinterpretations of a small and stable line-up of classics. I like it better than the industry’s habit of releasing a huge amount of forgettable throwaway stuff each year.

• pyramus says:

I think you’re exactly right. I am so tired of “flankers” that capitalize on a scent’s name while having literally nothing to do with the namesake. That’s just coattail-riding, a cynical grab for money. At least with Mugler you know what you’re getting: A*Men doesn’t quite work for me, but the coffee and the malt-whiskey variations are perfect.

4. eminere says: