Givenchy Eaudemoiselle Ambre Velours ~ new fragrance

Givenchy Eaudemoiselle Ambre Velours

Givenchy has launched Eaudemoiselle Ambre Velours, a new floral amber fragrance for women. Eaudemoiselle Ambre Velours is a flanker to 2010's Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy.

Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy is a tribute to the House's aristocratic roots. It captures modern elegance united with a vintage essence, creating a fusion of structure and refinement with rebellion and freedom. Ambre Velours is the new and sensual interpretation of the existing Eaudemoiselle.

This evening she is at home, making last minute preparations. In her room, she adds the finishing touches to her look with an exquisite, captivating fragrance: her signature, Eaudemoiselle Ambre Velours by Givenchy.

The notes include rose, plum, pink pepper, patchouli, cedar, tolu balsam, opoponax, tonka bean, benzoin and amber.

Givenchy Eaudemoiselle Ambre Velours can be found now at Neiman Marcus, in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via neimanmarcus)

1. littlecooling says:

Kinda reminds me of Annick Goutal’s “Mon Parfum Cheri Par Camille”..

2. lenika says:

The notes sound good, and I like the bottle. The original was interesting, so.. can’t wait to try it :)

3. Dilana says:

This brand tends to make good fragrances, but get Mme Ambre Velours some lithium because this bipoloar babe jumps between freedom and rebellion and a refined lady who achieves elegance through a careful, structured life.

4. chrisskins says:

She mixes ice-cold martinis for her husband while a “tiny little gun” sits in her nightstand.

• Omega says:

Sounds like an episode for Dateline.

5. Lys says:

But Modernity rejects vintage essence! Modernity does not abide amber nor velour!

6. AnnE says:

I quite liked the original eaudemoiselle, so I was happy to have seen this on the counter when I was out shopping last Saturday. It smelled dreadful on the strip, but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt, so I tested it on my skin. Nope. All that my nose registered was “chemical.” It was a harsh, screechy mess, and just about as far from amber and velour as I can imagine. So strange and disappointing.

7. lady_luck says:

Sounds delightful. The notes are my cup of tea.

8. maggiecat says:

I have learned to give ambers some time on my skin. Many of them seem harsh and chemical-ly at first, even the best ones. After about 15 minutes, many settle into yummy goodness (some don’t though!). This sounds nice enough, and I’ll look forward to trying it.

9. eminere says:

How very vintage looking.