Boucheron Place Vendome ~ new perfume

Boucheron Place Vendôme

Boucheron will launch Place Vendôme, a new fragrance for women, in September.

Dazzle, a gleam of light. The fresh sparkle of pink peppercorn illuminates mild, delicate orange blossom. A spicy vibration, full of contrasts and boldness. Jasmine deploys its full floral power, and its fine petals are brightened by the golden highlights of creamy-textured honey. Unique. Delicious. On skin, the elegant intensity of cedarwood takes shape within the embalmed sensuality of benzoin, leaving a fragrance trail which wraps the air in soft yet potent voluptuousness.

The woody floriental fragrance was developed by perfumers Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson.

Boucheron Place Vendôme will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via boucheronplacevendome-presse)

Update: see a review of Boucheron Place Vendôme.

1. Joe says:

Boucheron seems to have decided to breathe life back into their fragrance line, eh? I remember Kevin was unimpressed with Jaipur Bracelet, but this one has my curiosity piqued a little bit. Always nice to see 30ml bottles.

I’m curious too…this is their first pillar since they went with Inter Parfums. I’d assume they’ve put some effort into it.

2. sayitisntso says:

The juice sounds pretty and sniff-worthy and WOW! won’t that bottle look amazing on someone’s vanity?

3. eaudemale says:

Finally something that seems to have a little class after all these flankers.

4. thegoddessrena says:

This one sounds wearable –will definitely try it when it comes out

5. And I like that bottle design. Having spent all day with some vintage bottles, that one feels kind of classic to me. (I could have done without the quilted crystal, but eh.)

6. SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B De Boucheron was Simply Stunning too and that was the last Pillar Fragrance that was released and sadly, Discontinued as is the Original Jaipur Femme and Initial and Trouble ALL of which were INCREDIBLE in their Excellence!

7. APassionateJourney says:

Ohhhh! I like the bottle, the name and the notes! Will this be out in the U.S

8. 50_Roses says:

This one actually sounds interesting. The ubiquitous pink pepper, yes, but no froot notes. Cedar and benzoin definitely have my attention.

9. littlecooling says:

It does sound a bit interesting…just the damn pink pepper :( But stunning bottle :)

10. Aparatchick says:

A mainstream company developing a scent that sounds interesting and selling it in 30 ml bottles that look good? What is this world coming to? ;-)

11. annemarie says:

The notes sound good, the bottle is pretty, and yes to 30 mls. Not sure about the ‘embalmed sensuality’ though. What the … ?!

• Marjorie Rose says:

Necrophilia? Or maybe a zombie tie-in.

• Omega says:

Great, Boucheron has joined the zombie bandwagon. I would have never guessed.

• Oakland Fresca says:

Ha! I think something got lost in the translation… It made me laugh out loud….perhaps benzoin resin was used for embalming–technically that is interesting, but preserved dead bodies isn’t the first picture I associate with sensuality, or perfume. My best friend did a college internship at a mortuary… and, well, errr, I guess the lesson is that if your best friend interns at a mortuary, you will never apply the adjective sensual to the verb embalm. Never ever.

But I like the bottles, quilted and all… and the 30 ml size…

• annemarie says:

No indeed, never! But hopefully ‘embalmed sensuality’ it was a translation problem, as you say. And yet – don’t they CHECK these things? Apparently not.

• Omega says:

LOL. Wow, you guys just killed the buzz a little bit for this one, lol. Now that buzz has been killed, it must be embalmed. Embalmed sensuality..LOL, doesn’t sound appealing.

12. Omega says:

Bottle is nice and I’ll sniff anything with honey:).