Heeley Coccobello ~ new fragrance

Heeley Coccobello

Niche line Heeley will launch Coccobello, reportedly a tropical coconut fragrance for people who don't like coconut, in June.

The notes feature palm leaves, gardenia, coconut, sea salt, vanilla bourbon, Virginia cedar, benzoin and sandalwood.

Heeley Coccobello will be available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via Peony Melbourne at Facebook, extrait.it)

1. peter says:

Sounds VERY intriguing…..

It does sound nice, and I do sometimes like coconut anyway.

2. Kelly Red says:

I also think this sounds nice. I had to laugh at the “coconut fragrance for those who don’t like coconut” line. I love the smell of coconut and the taste of coconut (a big Pina Colada for me please) but I HATE the texture of coconut. Can’t stand it, never have never will. No flaked or shredded for me, it reminds me of toenail clippings. Sorry for that image but there you go.

• Poppie says:

Now you’ve totally ruined my enjoyment of Easter Bunny Coconut Covered Cake forever…….

• Omega says:

Hand all coconut to me, I love it..I could live off of Mounds and Almond Joy.

• Kelly Red says:

LOL, my one grandmother made those at Easter. I’d scrape off the frosting and bogart the gumdrops from my cousins.

LOL!

3. Omega says:

What about a coconut for those who don’t like gardenia?:) Like coconut, don’t like gardenia..I am one of the few probably.

True, that can be hard to find too.

• I’m with you. I love coconut, but not gardenia. And I truly hate cedar, which smells like gerbil cage to me. Go figure. They can’t keep everyone happy.

4. maggiecat says:

I like the taste of coconut, and the smell is delightful. But like many yummy, foody smells, I don’t necessarily want to smell LIKE it. So I chuckled when I saw the tagline and had to read the list of notes – miht be worth a try for me!

5. sbe13 says:

This sounds ***very*** intriguing to me as well! I don’t love the scent of oversweetened coconut, so this salty, woody coconut might be just the thing for me!

6. Joe says:

Oh, for Pete’s…

Is it a perfume for people who don’t like perfume, too? :-|

7. mitsouko says:

I don’t like a prominent coconut with my gardenia so this sounds really lovely.

8. Emily says:

Love the bottle and admire the Heeley range, so I will definitely check this one out. I don’t necessarily hate coconut, as long as the note creates that lovely milky-woody effect rather than making me smell like a chemical piña colada. Apparently my beloved Miss Balmain lists coconut among its notes . . . who knew?

• investiie says:

echoing you, Emily. i am not a big fan of coconut but i admire most of the Heeley range, so i will definitely give this a try..

9. bowbat says:

Ooooh, this sounds goooood. And right when I promised my husband no more new perfumes. Crikey.

10. hajusuuri says:

I don’t like coconut in perfumes except when I like it – for example, the coconut in Slumberhouse Pear + Olive is really well done. On the other hand, most other coconutty perfumes just smell like a vat of coconut-scented chemicals (I’m looking at you Bronze Goddess).

I”ll give this a sniff when I come across it. I’m due for a trip to Barneys.

11. nozknoz says:

When I saw “coconut for those who don’t like coconut,” I was hoping for something like the amazing Rosine Le Fruit Défendu (1914) that I sniffed from the Osmothéque a few years ago. It was astonishingly modern, and rather dry and elegant. But that wouldn’t be very tropical, would it?

Still, I will try this because I really like the Heeley line but haven’t quite found one that is different enough from things I already own. This definitely sounds different!

12. CM says:

This goes on the Lemming list!

13. poodle says:

I like some coconut scents but a lot of them remind me too much of dog shampoo. It seems there are a lot of coconut scented dog shampoos out there. This sounds promising and I like a salty note.

14. Blimunda says:

Oh, I absolutely loved this one. Really don’t like coconut, or gardenia particularly, but I love Heeley’s fragrances (literally, all of them) so I was looking forward to this. It was gorgeous and grown-up, very refined and sophisticated, playful and gorgeous. My friend said I smelled like I’d just stepped off a plan from Antigua. Highly recommended.