Marc Jacobs Honey ~ new fragrance

Honey Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs will launch Honey Marc Jacobs, a new modern fresh floral fragrance for women, in July. Honey Marc Jacobs is a flanker to 2012's Marc Jacobs Dot.

MEET MARC’S NEW HONEY. VIBRANT, BOLD, AND SPONTANEOUS. WITH HIS REMARKABLE ABILITY TO REINVENT CLASSIC LINES AND PATTERNS, MARC PUTS A FRESH SPIN ON STRIPES WITH HONEY. REFLECTING HIS INSPIRED FASHION MIX, HE PAIRS STRIKING STRIPES WITH PLAYFUL DOTS FOR AN UNEXPECTED FUSION OF MODERNITY AND ELEGANCE. HONEY CHANNELS THE ECLECTIC APPEAL OF MARC’S DOT SIGNATURE AND ADDS HER OWN GOLDEN TOUCH.

Honey was developed by perfumer Annie Buzantian; notes include pear, fruity punch, mandarin, orange blossom, peach, honeysuckle, honey, vanilla and woods.

Marc Jacobs Honey will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products.

(via press release)

Update: see a review of Marc Jacobs Honey.

1. lucasai says:

Oh Gosh, look at that spaceship!

2. Tara says:

Does the world need another “modern fresh floral”?????

3. hajusuuri says:

Are dots the new oud? That bottle looks hideous but maybe it’s cuter in person.

Could be. I’m not loving it either, but didn’t love the original Dot bottle.

• Omega says:

I thought Dot would be better in person, was I wrong, lol.
      While I like this one more..I am sure it will be worse in person and look like something out of a toy box..perhaps the land of misfit toys box. Noone wants to play with a Charley in the Box;).

4. Sajini says:

Little stripey butterflies, please fly it away to the land of forgotten toys

5. Omega says:

Oh no, pear…darn, i love honey. But the only one I like by MJ is Daisy, I confess, I LOVE that one! I like this bottle a lot more than Dot. It’s kinda cute.

6. Omega says:

Wait..fruity punch? Come on Marc! lol, sounds like another overly sweet one.

7. Every time I take the 4-year-old to the perfume counter with me, she asks for Marc Jacob’s Dot. Looks like I’ll be fending off another perfume request soon.

8. prism says:

all those CAPS. must be GOOD.

• Omega says:

INDEED. lol.

Elegance? lol. I don’t see anything elegant here.

9. Arielle says:

This is giving the Nikki Minaj bottle a run for the money as the most hideous bottle in recent memory. Nikki still wins, but just by a nose…

• Nicki Minaj’s Bottle isn’t as Bad as that Masterpiece of Horror Multicolour “SPROING” Bottle of Justin Beiber’s! YIKES! I actually LOVE the “Dot” Bottle… The scent isn’t anything to raise one’s eyebrow over, but pretty and Girly, exactly what they were going for so, HUZZAH!

This Looks and SOUNDS Delicious! Want a sniff!

10. Omega says:

I like bee references, the only reason I kinda like the bottle. But I like ladybugs but really didn’t like the Dot bottle…mmmm, things to ponder! LOL.

11. mutzi says:

Maybe the 30ml bottle will be similar to the 30ml Dot. I think that was much cuter than the larger bottles and I bought it for my 10 year old great-niece for Christmas. She loves it and it is a 1,000 times better than the Justice scents she was wearing. I see this shaping up as her birthday gift.

• hajusuuri says:

Hmmm, a marketing ploy I bet. This will be on the Women’s Fragrance counter and when the little ones are in tow….this will surely catch their attention.

• Omega says:

They will think it’s a rattle and try to grab it..then maybe knock on the floor by accident. Ooopsy.

12. elvanui says:

My initial thought looking at that bottle was, Oh Dear God Please No More of That!!! But I realized that I actually do love honey:D. Maybe worth a try. Though I seriously doubt that anything could be ‘my honey’ other than Botrytis…
    Wait…
    Okay. Why dots?! Wouldn’t hexagons be more appropriate?
    Just kidding. ; )

• Omega says:

Good point about the hexagons! Maybe talk to Marc..and maybe ask why Hawaiian Punch with the honey?

13. kindcrow says:

I love bees. I also like honey as a note in perfume. I don’t like this bottle, though.

14. basia says:

Love honey as a note, hate this bottle. Actually, I hate every Marc Jacobs fragrance I’ve ever tried, except for Bang!

15. basia says:

Sorry, tired and cranky. I DISLIKE every Marc Jacobs fragrance I’ve ever tried. I love Bang, which I bought for $19.99 unsniffed at TJ Maxx
    based on a commenters raves about it!

16. Man…. I haven’t liked any of the MJ girly-girl fragrances even though I keep trying to love Daisy Eau So Fresh because the bottle is adorable but the 2.5oz size is just horrifying. The notes list looks like it could *almost* be great and very pretty except for that darned fruity punch, like srsly????? Actually if you only one of the fruits (I’d vote peach or pear, and thinking the pear would highlight the honey better) I would probably totally go for it, but ugh.

17. Anna Stromberg says:

I like the wimsical bottle, and hone is a great note. But, of all the latest MJ fragrances, I’ve only thought about maybe buying a small bottle of Oh Lola. All others have left me pretty cold.

18. PekeFan says:

Why butterflies on the bottle and not bees? Was Marc Jacobs worried it would be confused with Guerlain?

19. eminere says:

I’m surprised by all the bottle hate.

20. jonr951 says:

Honey is on Sephora.com. I’m sorry, but I want and NEED it just for the bottle! Anything has to be an upgrade from Dot, juice wise. Right? Haha! : )