Bunch o’ limited edition collector bottles 2013, part 2

More limited edition collector fragrance bottles, with the usual disclaimers: in most of these cases, the juice is unchanged, just the bottle is “special” (or not, as the case may be), and some of these may not be available in the US.

Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose In Love

From Lancôme, Trésor Midnight Rose in the In Love edition — note the thorns on the "stem". At Sephora in France, in 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Elie Saab Le Parfum, travel sprays

From Elie Saab, the Elie Saab Le Parfum in a refillable purse spray. Includes outer case and three 20 ml refills, available in Eau de Toilette ($78) or Eau de Parfum ($94). At Nordstrom.

Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence 0th anniversary edition

From Yves Rocher, Comme Une Evidence in a 10th anniversary edition, in 50 ml Eau de Parfum. Available at Yves Rocher in France.

DKNY Be Delicious Keith Haring Art edition

From Donna Karan, the Keith Haring Art by DKNY collection, with collector bottles of DKNY Be Delicious (shown), DKNY Fresh Blossom and DKNY Golden Delicious. Coming next month. (via moodiereport)

Givenchy Play in the City for HimGivenchy Play in the City for Her

From Givenchy, new "Play In The City" editions of Givenchy Play — possibly these are flankers and not the original fragrance. The version for Her is in 50 ml Eau de Parfum; for Him in 100 ml Eau de Toilette. Also at Sephora in France.

1. eaudemale says:

I bet those Givenchy are really flankers and Givenchy is going to call back again Justin Timberlake.

Could well be…the Sephora text seems to imply that the men’s is changed, but doesn’t say that for the women’s. In any case, they don’t list notes.

2. Rappleyea says:

I love that purple bottle!

The thorns are a great idea…surprised we don’t see more creative use of the plastic stem thingie, which must have a name.

• Rappleyea says:

Other than just “stem”, I can’t think of any other name.

@}–‘—,—-‘—-

• OhLily says:

That color made me think of ETaylor’s Passion right away, but I do like the way it’s designed as well. :)

Congrats on last night!

• Rappleyea says:

Thank you, Lily! Needless to say, we’re all pretty euphoric around here as we certainly weren’t expected to win.

• OhLily says:

Yay, even better, one of those times when your cheeks actually hurt from smiling so hard! :D

• Rappleyea says:

lol! My “hurting cheeks” go with my hoarse throat from cheering so much!

3. kaos.geo says:

I think the Keith Haring edition from Donna Karan is… well.. disconcerting?

I mean perhaps keith haring did some apple graphics that they are using, but I am pretty sure he never did a DKNY logo.. Perhaps these are letters from old posters that have been “repurposed” and redesigned into the logo.

In any casy I honestly find it creepy. I believe that using a dead artist like this to create “new art” however “sampled” from stuff he did while he was living, is really crappy. Just my personal opinion, of course.

I don’t love those bottles either. Assume his estate licensed the designs.

• AnnieA says:

I call it “necro-marketing”, and it is repugnant. Marilyn Monroe Intimates and the like — good grief.

• kaos.geo says:

Necromarketing sounds just right to describe what I felt!
        I mean down to the fonts they are ripping him off! nevermind the licensing this is (IMHO) creating “new artwork” from previous work.
        I think it is valid at some post-modern level, like when musicians sample another musician’s work. But in visual arts is jarring, at least to me. I mean maybe its the fact that I’ll be 40 this next april, but Keith Haring’s (metaphorical) corpse is still warm in my mind. :-D

• hajusuuri says:

I think the tie is Keith Haring’s New York / Big Apple subway series with the Be Delicious Apple. At some level, I agree with how creepy it is to use a dead artist’s art to represent “living perfume art” but on another level, I view it as a tribute to an artist who died way too young and a way to extend his legacy.

• hajusuuri says:

kaos – I just thought of something else on the subject of dead artists’ work adorning perfume bottles . What do you think of the Andy Warhol Bond No. 9 series? I actually like Andy Warhol’s art as much as I do Keith Haring’s – they both died too young :-(

• kaos.geo says:

I feel the same about the Bonds… the thing with the Bonds is that it does not look that “new design was whipped up from the dead” to make the bottles, along fonts too! hehehehehe

4. OhLily says:

I’ve never tried Comme Une Evidence sprayed. I should probably get around to it, because I did find it softly pretty.

Haven’t tried it at all, but that’s a pretty bottle.

• OhLily says:

It’s a really nice offering at it’s price point. It’s not going to rock your world, though.

• OhLily says:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean the above to sound as dismissive as it did – it’s more a case of you already having many scents, and consciously making an effort to keep your fb to buy list fairly short.

That’s ok, I knew what you meant :-)

There used to be an YR store near me, & wish they hadn’t closed. I really liked a few of their scents. Come to think of it, I almost certainly smelled Comme Une Evidence in the store and just don’t remember it.

5. Emily says:

The Elie Saab purse spray looks like an elongated version of the Lady Million bottle. That said, I don’t hate it.

6. Omega says:

i was so disappointed with tresor midnight, not wearable. Too bad, cause the bottle is cute and I do like the thorns a bit..though, reminds me of all the weird vamp crap goin on atm.