Adam Levine for Women ~ new fragrance

Adam Levine for Women

Adam Levine of pop band Maroon 5 has launched his debut fragrance, Adam Levine for Women:

Intoxicating, captivating, sexy... Adam Levine is the fragrance of spellbinding attraction. The floral woody scent boasts an overdose of spice intermingled with Indian Jasmine Petals, Australian Sandalwood, and Rose Petals, only to unveil a lingering base of creamy vanilla. As striking as it is obscure, Adam Levine's debut fragrance for women has an undeniably sexy signature, true to the singer himself.

Adam Levine for Women is available now at Macy's, in 100 ml Eau de Parfum, $65.

(via macys, hat tip to jonr951!)

Update: Adam Levine for Women will also be sold in 30 and 50 ml.

1. Lys says:

For just a second I thought that said Adam Lambert for Women. That’s the only reason I clicked on it.

2. Tama says:

Well, I’ll try it eventually. I’d rather just have Adam Levine, though. ;-)

Had to google him. And also had to google Adam Lambert mentioned above. Now I’ll never keep them straight.

• juicejones says:

Bottle looks like an old Lady Remington. This guy is everywhere! I don’t dislike him, but he is not emblematic of anything I wish to share in or smell of.

He is not everywhere in my world :-)

• juicejones says:

Then let’s go to Robin’s world! I did not realize I submitted as a reply. It seems this guy went from lead singer to Zelig in about a week. The newer lot of musicians can’t seem to get enough attention.

LOL…but in my world, new musicians get no attention either. Probably your world is better :-)

• miss kitty v. says:

Well, Robin, only one of them actually *is* straight, if that helps lessen the confusion any!

Guessing from the reaction here that the straight one is Adam Levine. Ha.

• tweetybird says:

lol….although I enjoy both performers, clearly there is one distinguishing factor. Off to the Mall to hunt this one down…the fragrance, of course

• Joanne says:

I’ve never heard of either one of them . . . AND I lack the interest to Google them. *grumbling back under the rock from which I came*

3. Celestia says:

That certainly is a masculine bottle shape. I guess the lid represents his eternal five o’clock shadow/three-day growth. He was on SNL last night. He should stick to singing.
    It’s interesting how the text writer felt the need to capitalize “rose petals”.

I thought maybe it was supposed to be a microphone? But no idea.

4. ringthing says:

Overdose of spice sounds good. A bit confused about striking yet obscure, but whatever. No more than I go shopping, this will probably be at discounters before my next trip to the mall.

• Erin says:

Yeah, that made me laugh, too. He’s got the moves like Jagger, but Jagger smells like Habit Rouge, and Levine smells striking yet obscure.

5. Taffy says:

If Adam Levine will come to my house and spritz it on me, I’m in.

6. miss kitty v. says:

Sorry, but this just leaves me shaking my head…

• Sapphire says:

So glad to see you back a little, Miss Kitty! Have missed your wit. How have you been?

7. annina says:

What’s up with that bottle?? Notes sound pretty, but as with most celebuscents, I’m skeptical. Why would Mr. Levine “create” a perfume? Just seems odd.

• pigoletto says:

The answer is usually is in the word ‘money’

8. Carine Yezn says:

*wide smile* I thought the same when I read Adam, I thought for a second it’s Lambert but then I read it again & saw it’s Levin. I wish Lambert would join the crowd & make a fragrances for males folk :D and if for females it would be HOT ;)

9. olenska says:

“As striking as it is obscure”? (rubs eyes hard)

10. Marjorie Rose says:

No idea who Adam Levine is (must be too old for the 11-12 y-o market that I usually hang with). I think the bottle looks like an electric razor.

I add my vote to the Adam Lambert celebuscent crowd, except that I’m afraid it would encourage a Gaga-esque hype followed by non-risk-taking mediocrity.

11. Prudietwoshoes says:

I am a huge Adam Levine fan in spite of the bad press he makes for himself (think: John Mayer) and I’m excited to try this, but I don’t hold out much hope for it. He admitted in an interview that he’s not a fan of the genre (perfume) but that he got excited talking with ID Perfumes when the process of making a fragrance started. Reportedly wears only Old Spice himself cause he’s not into fragrances. So I’d say it’s all about the money. What’s wrong with just sticking with music?

12. eminere says:

Does that bottle look like a men’s electric shaver to anyone else?

13. Karin says:

Just read on Fragrantica that the perfumer is Yann Vasnier. Might be worth a sniff…

14. jonr951 says:

Here’s a vid of Mr. Levine talking about his fragrances. His women’s is really nice, but it’s just not for me. His men’s is a bit TOO fruity for a cologne, IMHO. Oh well. : )