Givenchy Gentlemen Only ~ new fragrance

Givenchy Gentlemen Only

Givenchy will launch Gentlemen Only, a new fragrance for men, in April. Gentlemen Only was inspired by the 1974 scent Givenchy Gentleman, and will be fronted by actor Simon Baker

Notes for the woody aromatic fragrance include mandarin, pink pepper, nutmeg, birch, cedar, patchouli and vetiver.

Givenchy Gentlemen Only will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via marieclaire.frdandy-magazine)

1. VanMorrisonFan says:

The old Givenchy Gentleman was an interesting fragrance…old school. In the late 1980’s or early 1990’s…can’t remember exactly when…I stayed at the Carlyle Hotel in New York. In those days they were giving little bottles of Givenchy Gentleman to male guests and little bottles of the ladies’ Givenchy to women. I think Mr. Givenchy owned an apartment in the Carlyle at the time.

Oh, nice!

I am assuming they are using “inspired by” in a pretty loose sense here.

• I was at an antiques shop in Llano, Texas recently that had TONS – like a basketful – of boxed minis of Givenchy Gentleman. I wondered if they were really vintage or something newer. If I’d known for sure, I would have bought one. But, it makes me wonder if the Carlyle sold off their stash of minis!

2. relleric says:

I have a fairly recent version of Gentleman, love it, but would also like to test a vintage version.
    I wore Monsieur yesterday, love that one too.

I’m afraid I don’t know the Givenchy men’s line at all other than Pi.

• Tommasina says:

Robin, the original Gentleman (“vintage”, I suppose) is quite something. Not sure whether it’s your sort of something, mind; but definitely worth trying, IMO.

Thanks, although I guess I’m too late! I will see if I can find a sample.

• Tommasina says:

I brought some empty vials with me to my mother’s, so can filch some of hers and send it to you on my return to the US.

Ha…that’s a perfumista, always have empty vials handy! Thank you, will owe you one.

3. The bottle looks classic.

4. eminere says:

Love: the bottle and colour.
    Don’t love: Simon Baker.