Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit ~ new fragrance

Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit & Eau Pour Homme, 2013

Giorgio Armani will relaunch the brand's 1984 fragrance, Eau Pour Homme, and introduce a warmer, more sensual variation, Eau de Nuit.

Eau Pour Homme is reportedly unchanged. Eau de Nuit features notes of bergamot, pink pepper, nutmeg, cardamom, iris, heliotrope, cedar, tonka bean and amber.

Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme and Eau de Nuit will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via vonavysvet.skgroomroom.dk)

Update: see reviews of Eau Pour Homme and Eau de Nuit.

1. kaos.geo says:

I used to have the original….. Nice! I hope they rework it a little to make it less 80′s stinky….

Supposedly it’s unchanged, but we all know that can’t be…no way was every component of a 1984 fragrance still “legal”.

2. moore says:

Can’t wait to try both. Lets see what they have done to Armani Pour Homme.

I’ve never smelled the original so it will be lost on me :-)

• moore says:

To my nose it’s something between Eau d’Orange Verte and Eau de Rochas Homme Robin, an old-school but timeless cologne. It had some excellent herbal feeling. It’s a pitty it had extremaly poor longevity on my skin.

That sounds nice. If it has better longevity, though, it probably just means that they cut some natural ingredients and added cheap musks.

3. Racine says:

Armani pour Homme was my first fragance purchase when I was 15, back in 1991. Oh, my god! Just revealed my age LOL

It’s ok, I’m too math challenged to figure it out, LOL…

4. relleric says:

The original is a beautiful fragrance, although it has definitely been reformulated through the years. I bought a version of it a few years back, and it went all chemical after being applied, definitely for the worse. An Armani rep gave me a tester last year, and that version is much better than the previous one, although it isn’t as ‘mossy’ as what I remember the original from the 80′s.
    I’ll give them both a shot if I run across them at Macy’s or Dillard’s.

5. VanMorrisonFan says:

This is great news! My wife bought me a huge bottle of Eau Pour Homme because I thought it would be gone forever!

6. Omega says:

I’ve been not impressed with Armani, men’s and women’s for some time now. I do like Armani Mania for women though.

7. body67 says:

first time i’m excited in a very, VERY long time. i have a vintage bottle of the original 1984 release and i still hold it in very high regard. this was bought at the time when collecting perfumes and the notion of ‘niche’ was something completely alien and un-thought of. now, when i have a wardrobe in excess of 140 bottles, this armani classic cologne is still (and will ever be) in my top 5 men’s perfumes of all time. subjectively, of course. i am very much looking forward getting to sniff eau de nuit but i won’t get my hopes up too much, been disappointed way too many times recently.

8. eminere says:

I’ve never tried the original Eau. Wonder how it smells like…

9. bookwyrmsmith says:

I have a mini of the original ,smells nice to me .I hope they don’t fiddle with the formula too much.

10. gordbrad says:

the original is really lime-y and expensive-smelling. classy, citrus, traditional but slightly spicy eau de cologne.