Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete ~ new perfume

Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrète

Next month, Christian Dior will launch Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrète, a new flanker to 1998's Hypnotic Poison, which was a flanker to 1985's Poison.

The notes include citrus, bergamot, jasmine, neroli and vanilla.

Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrète will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via vogue.frelle.ru)

1. AnnieA says:

I missed the start of this – when did the flankers start having flankers?

• Veronika says:

Oh, you should read Robins Review of L’Ambre des Merveilles!
      Than you’ll know what flanker of a flanker of a flanker really is:)

But Hypnotic Poison is so unique and distinctly original that it’s hardy a flanker anymore… It’s sort of a fragrance of The Poison family.

Oh, this isn’t even the first for Hypnotic Poison. They’ve already done Eau Sensuelle. Can’t remember others, but they might exist.

• ginapeet says:

Anyone know where i can sniff this in ARizona?it is April and all the Dior salespeople look at me like Im nuts for asking!

I have not seen it anywhere in the US, and no idea if they will distribute it here or not, sorry!

2. kaos.geo says:

I like the notes… will try.
    But I Agree with AnnieA, we are in the stage where we need specialized family-tree software just to track the flankers… LOL

3. Kady says:

I wonder how different this is from Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle? The bottle looks the same.

4. Veronika says:

I remember when I came home wearing Hypnotic Poison… My roommate – although she was familiar with my tastes (I wore Opium and Versace Noir Crystal at that time ) – said to me:
    - It’s just monstrous!
    It was forbidden to apply this one inside the room.

Shame, I love HP!

• Veronika says:

I loved it too! Although I never had a bottle and now I cannot understand why?

Robin, have you ever tried the original Versace Versus Donna? It was also in a red bottle – and the rumor has it – it was sexy as hell! Did it smell similar to this one (HP) or anything you know?

No, sorry!

• COSMICSCENTS says:

Hello, I have the original Versus, it does not smell similar to hypnotic poison, but it is one of those fragrances that you can smell without any trouble.

• annemarie says:

I gave my 10 yo daughter a sniff from a HP tester a few weeks ago and she declared it a perfume suitable for a serial killer. I did not know whether to laugh or feel disturbed.

• Merlin says:

that is very funny! Perhaps she was reacting more to the name than the smell?

• Veronika says:

Well, a serial killer wouldn’t like to be detected too soon in the dark, or to be remembered and recognized… so, no way!

• annemarie says:

And yet apparently some serial killers like to leave their own particular trace? Would make a good book or movie plot anyway. But yes, Merlin is probably right. My daughter was probably reacting to the name. :)

5. Lys says:

How is this not new Miss Dior (Cherie) with vanilla and not patchouli in the base? How is this anything?

6. esthessy says:

No ad campaign?

7. Omega says:

Another Hyp flanker! Can’t wait! And I am serious! Love the other flankers of hyp poison..except could go with less or no tuberose..glad to see it’s not in the notes! Whooooooo, can’t wait.

8. MCocteau says:

Maybe the Eau Sensuelle goes away (not selling enough) and it’s replaced by Eau Secrete. Or they make a collection, as for Dior Addict (does Dior Addict For Life still exist? Or it lasted for 5 months, before they relaunch the trio?)

• Omega says:

Not a fan of Dior Addict or the flankers.
      Not sure about Addict to Life…too many Addict flankers maybe, idk lol.

9. jaymeharris says:

I have the original red weird shaped bottle of Versace Versus. It is a very strong vanilla herbal to me. I always get compliments when I wear it, but I only wear it in the winter. Did I mention that its very strong?!

10. midelawson says: