Ivanka Trump by Ivanka Trump ~ new perfume

Ivanka Trump perfume bottle

Ivanka Trump will launch an eponymous floriental fragrance under arrangements with Parlux. Ivanka Trump Eau de Parfum will debut in Macy's later this month. Per Ms. Trump,

There’s a lot on the dowdy and mature side and there’s a lot on the kitschy, ultratrendy, but I think we’re filling a void for that feminine, empowered woman.

Ivanka Trump was developed by perfumer Marypierre Julien; notes include bergamot, apple,  pink pepper, jasmine, rose, peach blossom, amber, creamy vanilla, patchouli and cedar.

Ivanka Trump by Ivanka Trump will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via wwd)

1. pigoletto says:

Yup, my feminine, empowered businesswoman self was dying for another perfume with apple and vanilla in it. Sorry Ivanka, I just bought myself a dowdy bottle of Jicky and an ultratrendy bottle of Aedes. Guess I missed an opportunity!

2. AnnieA says:

Let us hope she has enough pride for it not to smell cheap…

Donald didn’t. But don’t know a darned thing about her, had to google to see which Trump she was.

3. Thalia says:

The Trumps as a family do not exactly scream good taste and elegance to me, and I’m sure the perfume will fall right in line.

4. mutzi says:

I admit I’m not a marketing expert, but is the word “dowdy” really a positive to use in ads or PR statements?

And more pink pepper. Isn’t there a shortage of this and shouldn’t it be a protected substance?

I wish someone would try to protect the world’s remaining supply of pink pepper :-)

5. annemarie says:

The ‘elegant mature woman’ segment of the market is being targeted a lot at the moment. Not as much as the 20-something segment, admittedly. But CK’s Beauty and Lancome’s La Vie est Belle are definitely going for it. I think that Love, Chloe, DKNY’s Pure series, Bottega Veneta, and EL’s Sensuous series are also partly directed towards women in their 30s and 40s, confident, searching for elegance but not interested in Chanel No 5. Ms Trump is late to the party.

6. Mitzi says:

How lovely to see dowdy and mature mentioned in one breath, not to mention one sentence. Just when I thought I am done with my mid-life crisis.

7. zara says:

nice bottle (the juice looks and sounds conspicuous though), but reminds me very strongly of some other perfume bottle