Givenchy Eaudemoiselle Bois de Oud & Un Air d’Escapade ~ new fragrances

Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Bois de Oud bottle & box

Earlier this year, Givenchy launched two limited edition fragrances for women, Eaudemoiselle Bois de Oud and Un Air d'Escapade.

Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Bois de Oud is a flanker to 2010's Eaudemoiselle:

Drawing its inspiration from the aristocratic roots of a formal French garden, the fragrance Eaudemoiselle is now adorned with the ultimate luxury of Oud Wood. To celebrate the richness of this rare ingredient, its timeless bottle, inspired by the traditional bottles used in fine fragrance, is as if gilded with gold leaf.

Notes include mandarin, rose and vanilla.

Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy Bois de Oud is available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Givenchy Un Air D'Escapade

Un Air d'Escapade is Givenchy's 2012 travel retail fragrance (see 2010's Dance with Givenchy and 2011's Le Bouquet Absolu):

Givenchy Un Air D'Escapade embodies the holiday mood, the excitement before the trip and the romantic dreams of the journey. For the woman who lives for the moments of far destinations, with companions her flirty eyes and sweet smile along with a new love just born in her heart. This playful scent is composed of lilies, peony, lychee, tangerine, mandarin, water accords, musk and cedar.

Givenchy Un Air d'Escapade is a fruity floral, and is available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette.

(first quote saudiairlines, second quote via izzysbeautyshoppe, additional information via glamourmagazine.co.uk)

1. pigoletto says:

For one scary moment I thought Givenchy had lost their minds and used Heidi Montag in that Un Air ad.

Had to google Heidi Montag…but that does look like her!

• Eroica says:

Oh my word! I thought for sure Givenchy has lost their mind using Heidi Montag! I am sure I pondered for 5 mins.. LOL

2. Michaelm says:

It took Givenchy a while didn’t it. Finally, they cotton on to the oud thing… Yawn..

Well, I’m late on these, but yes, they’re both 2012.

3. prism says:

so… all that oud these days are from synthetics? or have they found a huge, GINORMOUS stash of oud for perfume making?

Ginormous stash of synthetic oud.

• Lys says:

Synthetic oud doesn’t equal bad fragrance. But it’s also not “ultimate luxury” :)

4. olenska says:

I’m pretty sure an oud breakfast cereal is next.

5. Lys says:

Eaudemoiselle is actually a really good abstract fragrance. Not sure if a) they just glommed oud on it randomly or b) this will add some depth and make a great flanker, but I’m game.

That other thing, LOL icky.

• I like Eaudemoiselle too. The day I got engaged, I was wearing this – w were traveling and I’d sprayed it on at the airport perfume shop. So I’ve been kind of meaning to buy some just because. I don’t know if I can really see the oud addition, though.

• Lys says:

That’s really cool.

And you’re right abt the oud, hard to picture it.

6. Merlin says:

‘For the woman who lives for the moments of far destinations, with companions her flirty eyes and sweet smile along with a new love just born in her heart. ‘

Its writing like this that makes one appreciate the Histoires de Parfums copy:

‘Journeying from a familiar bow of Lavender, the Cardamom must contend with a groundswell of Ambergris and strong gusts of Galbanum before landing on a pristine beach of Cinnamon.’

The latter is silly and over-the-top but at least it feels like the writer was having fun with the pseudo-drama of it all. The Givenchy (in English at least) fails to convey anything other than the faint intent at something vaguely romantic.

What do others think?

7. dora says:

Nothing better than real oud and nothing lousier than a bad synthetic. The little house that makes what I think is ghastly won’t be mentioned by me, since I like some of their other scents, but gee whiz…Has anyone else just wanted to wash out their nose?