Gucci Museo Forever Now ~ new perfume

Gucci Museo Forever Now

Gucci will launch Forever Now, a new fragrance made for the Gucci Museo (which opened last year in Florence) in collaboration with Italian niche perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi.

Forever Now is an 'ode to the Florentine tradition of the Gucci brand'; the notes feature bergamot, mandarin, black pepper, lavender, orange blossom, rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, leather, nutmeg, amber, patchouli, musk, vetiver and Tuscan iris.

Gucci Museo Forever Now is expected to launch in early 2013; it will be sold at the Museo, at Gucci boutiques and the Gucci website. It will be available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via elle.nl, invogue.cz)

1. body67 says:

oh lorenzo, please don’t ruin it! like most guccy offerings for the last, oh, i’d say, 10yrs.

I don’t see how it couldn’t be an improvement over their mainstream offerings, but who knows?

• MCocteau says:

Well, when Tom Ford ruled the Gucci World, Gucci Eau de Parfum and Gucci pour homme were amazing. Much better than a lot of niche. Unfortunately, discontinued.

With this one, presumably, FG did as she liked, so will be interesting to see the result. Tom Ford, I think, did what he liked more than most designers!

• MCocteau says:

And I like what he did ;) i’m not sure FG has a lot to say in front of the Procter & Gamble teams. I was shocked when the marketing director of a well loved niche brand said about the “creator” : “she doesn’t take ANY decision. We do everything”. I suppose it’s even stronger when it comes to big companies like L’Oreal and Coty etc

• Merlin says:

That just sounds like a particularly arrogant marketing director. Unless one makes some decisions one cant really be called the creator of a product…

2. TheSnailsPajamas says:

I don’t know – Gucci aren’t terrible, not say compared to the boring yet lousy scents Versace churns out consistently.

3. dolcesarah says:

So funny and so true

4. thenoseknows says:

And The Gucci Bashing Continues…. Tsk… Tsk…. More Power to Gucci. I Love their Scents and hope they continue on with more! The Transcend the Perfume Snobbery by Creating scents that yes, People ENJOY, but are not shall we say Luminaries in the Scent Galaxy… WHO CARES! A Good Scent is a Good Scent. Right? Guess Not…

• annemarie says:

Yep, a good scent is a good scent. I have no problems with Gucci, although Rush is the only fragrance I have bought. I thought Gucci by Gucci was nice. Guilty not so much. The Floras I have smelled but can’t remember.

This new one has a nice note list, but the name – ‘Forever Now’ – is as bland and meaningless as they come.

• annemarie says:

Oh, and I have a mini of Envy. That is a bit screechy for me but I can appreciate that it is (was, it is d/c) a great perfume.

• Merlin says:

I’m all for a good Gucci bash after smelling Premier.

5. This sounds potentially beautiful…I am guessing by the packaging and the leather/vetiver it may be intended for men. Anyone know? Am I dense and not reading something?

• Merlin says:

I also don’t see the intended gender but I reckon most perfume-blog readers are not all that concerned. One guy I know couldn’t believe that the perfume I was wearing was meant to be for men. At the time I was wearing M7, an amber-y vetiver oud; many consider this a paragon masculine scent.

I did not see any mention of gender in the source articles, sorry!