Nina Ricci Mademoiselle Ricci ~ new perfume

Nina Ricci Mademoiselle Ricci fragrance bottle

Nina Ricci will launch Mademoiselle Ricci in August. The new fragrance for women is meant as a tribute to a fashion collection that Ricci introduced in the United States in the 1960s.*

Mademoiselle Ricci was developed by perfumer Alberto Morillas; notes include rose, oleander, pink pepper, musk and white wood.

Nina Ricci Mademoiselle Ricci will be available in 30 ml Eau de Parfum; I will update with additional sizes when I can.

(via leparisien.fr)

* Note: Mademoiselle Ricci is apparently unrelated to a 1960s fragrance of the same name.

Update: Mademoiselle Ricci is a woody floral. It will be available in 30, 50 and 80 ml Eau de Parfum.

1. kaos.geo says:

Really the same bottle as Ricci Ricci and a different name?
    Talk about sending mixed messages!
    I will probably see this very soon after it launches and report back.
    I don´t remember what oleander smells like.

I don’t know what that means — perhaps they’re adopting this as the “house bottle”? Or they just did not want to spend $ on developing a new bottle? Or…???

• JolieFleurs says:

The pink oleander that grew near the library where we used to live smelled exactly like cherry flavored Jolly Ranchers to me.

• eminere says:

Bottle looks like it could be a flanker.

2. Dilana says:

The bottle is in fact evocative of the very femmine fashion I associate with Nina Rici, and it has the straight up from the “waist line” of a 60’s sheath dress.

On the other hand, the juice doesn’t evoke the sixties at all for me. I don’t think even Julia Child (the goddess of 60’s gourmet cooking) had heard of pink peppercorns in the 60’s, much less imagined them in her perfume.

I don’t think the juice is meant to call up the 60s, but would love to see that fashion collection!

3. JolieFleurs says:

I’m a rose ho, so this sounds rather pretty, if unexciting to me, and I like the 30 ml size and pretty bottle. Ricci also tends to be a house that works well for me, so this will definitely go on my Try list.

4. Vincent says:

This bottle is wonderful.