J Del Pozo Halloween Blue Drop ~ new fragrance

J Del Pozo Halloween Blue Drop

Spanish fashion house J Del Pozo will launch Halloween Blue Drop, a new limited edition spicy-woody fragrance for women, this month. Halloween Blue Drop is a flanker to 1997′s Halloween.

Halloween blue drop is a fragrance aimed at a timeless woman who has no boundaries. She has no past, present or future because her reality is dreams. Everything delights her, everything lets her mind escape into the soft clouds of the blue sky. The winds of life gently rock her, and her desires. The color is the color of dreams: blue, sugar blue; because it is sweet, soft, ethereal, dreamlike.

Halloween Blue Drop was developed by perfumer Hamid Merati-Kashani; notes include aromatic notes, citrus, green apple, lavender, jasmine, violet flower, white flowers, amber, musk and cinnamon.

J Del Pozo Halloween Blue Drop will be available in 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via press release)

1. LaMaroc says:

I thought the name was weird but then I read the ad copy which is just…confounding. lol

• poodle says:

You’re right. That ad copy is… Um, I don’t even have the words.

So this is for a timeless woman living in a dream world? I honestly want to smell this just to see if it fits the description and lets my mind escape to soft clouds.

These are geared pretty young — I think of the Halloween line as a sort of Spanish version of what Anna Sui does, if that makes any sense!

• LaMaroc says:

Well, I don’t know about “sense” but knowing it’s target is a younger age group does help a bit. It’s the “She has no past, present or future…” that nearly made me spit my tea. :P

2. krokodilgena says:

The ad copy sounds like a description of character in a shōjo manga/anime.

3. NinaraPoll says:

That ad copy sounds like symptoms of any number of mental illnesses… Prix Eau Faux material, anyone?

NP

• Merlin says:

Thats exactly what I thought – lack of boundaries, distorted sense of time, delusional, manic, easily swayed…

• Zubi says:

Exactly my thoughts (on the mental illness thing) – it sounds like their target market is a confused one.

4. bluegardenia says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. this is all around hilarious!!! halloween blue drop! genius

5. Nile Goddess says:

So far everything J. Del Pozo does seems like a copy of something else – In White was a ringer doe Pure Poison, In Black I don’t remember … the Halloweens are too generic to remind me of one fragrance only. Even the flacon is kinda Amor Amor-ish (or A-moorish perhaps) but with a Mira Bai kinda top.

That being said, I really. really like this shade of turquoise. Which I associate with the Bahamas, not with any “blue sugar”.

Does that make me infantile and delusional as per the ad copy, I wonder? :-D

This copy would have been a contender for the Eaux Faux, definitely! LOL