Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay ~ new fragrance

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay

Jo Malone will launch Blackberry & Bay in September. The new fragrance means to evoke "the blackberry picking memories from childhood days".

The notes include blackberry, grapefruit, bay leaves, floral notes, vetiver and cedar.

Blackberry & Bay will be available in 30 and 100 ml Cologne and in matching body products.

(via cosmeticsbusiness)

1. eminere says:

Blackberry – yum!

2. Absolute Scentualist says:

The combination of notes for this sounds fantastic. I can’t wait to try it and hope it doesn’t have that ‘musty’ note some blackberry frags do when I wear them. Seconding the yum!

It does sound nice, and I’m not even a big blackberry fan. Hope it’s not too sweet.

• Joley says:

It is not sweet at all (for me or my nose). It is “green”, dry, a bit tangy (may I use this word to describe fragrance? Sorry for my rusty English). It is perfect for the late-summer heat now.

3. mitsouko says:

I love Mure Et Musc Extreme so I’m happy to see another blackberry -centric scent. Yummy and I hope it won’t be sickly sweet but tart . It sounds like it won’t be .

Will be cheaper than the L’Artisan, that’s for sure.

4. niche says:

I just read about this on BritishBeautyBlogger, she went to the press launch in the UK I guess. Sounds like it won’t be too sweet. I am very excited. I think Jo Malone makes great work scents (not too strong or lingering).

I don’t know if I can link to her blog but its easy enough to find.

5. thenoseknows says:

DYING FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!! MUST BUY…. UNSNIFFED!!!!!

6. FragrantWitch says:

Sounds very promising indeed! Please, please let the juice be a gorgeous blackberry colour….

• Lys says:

re: the color, LOL if only!

• Perfumista8 says:

Oh yes, that would be so perfect!

7. poodle says:

I’m not a fruity girl but I like some Jo Malone’s because they are fruity but somehow manage to smell like you don’t need to be 13 to wear them. If its not sweet this sounds like it would be nice.

8. hajusuuri says:

Sounds FB-worthy and it will count as 3Q 2012 damage!

9. Blithie says:

If it does bring back blackberry picking memories I will wear it all Fall! Here’s hoping.

10. 50_Roses says:

I don’t know–my blackberry picking memories are mostly of getting scratched by all the thorns!

11. happy888cat says:

This seems to contain the trace of “green-ness” found in many of the Jo Malone fragrances that I cannot stand. Such as Jasmine & Mint, Lime & Basil, English Pear (better). Hope the berry will ultimately overpower. In need of a good fresh berry scent for summer!

12. Robin says:

Lost comment, reposting for scentfromabove:

I am a HUGE Jo Malone fan!!
    I am so excited about this new fragrance I can hardly contain myself. I know it will be amazing!

13. Lucy says:

I tried this yesterday at Nordstrom. It was more of a tart blackberry, with tight, small drupelets and fresh laurel stem than the luscious, sweet blackberry and dried bay leaf from the kitchen that I was expecting. The grapefruit note is just as bright as in the JM Grapefruit scent and was more prominent on my skin than the blackberry when it dried down. I can’t think of any fragrance to compare it to – it is very different from anything else I’ve ever smelled. I’m a sucker for unique fragrances and will most likely buy a full bottle. I may hold out for the body cream, I imagine it will be glorious. This is by far my favorite JM release in years.

Also, the SA told me they are getting ready to flood their shelves with new releases over the next year (nine, I think!) and will be discontinuing Vintage Gardenia and Verbenas of Provence. Nine new fragrances seems a bit unbelievable, but I thought I’d pass the information along in case anyone wants to stock up before they discontinue anything.

14. a-and-e says:

it smells very like diptyque l’ombre dans l’eau, not quite as nice though.