Lalique Hommage a l’Homme ~ new fragrance

alique Hommage à l'Homme

Lalique has launched Hommage à l'Homme, a new fragrance for men celebrating the firm's 20th anniversary as a perfume house.

Hommage à l'Homme is a spicy-floral woods developed by perfumers Christine Nagel and Mathilde Bijaoui; notes include oud wood and saffron.

Lalique Hommage à l'Homme is available in the limited edition crystal collector bottle shown above (1200€ for 100 ml Extrait de Parfum), or in 50 or 100 ml Eau de Toilette (65 or 87€).

(via osmoz, lexpress.fr, fr.fashionmag)

Update: see a review of Lalique Hommage à l'Homme.

1. Dilana says:

Oy, is that bottle gorgeous or what?

It is exquisite. The regular glass bottle isn’t bad either, but this is just gorgeous.

• BChant says:

Exquisite is exactly the right word! Almost looks like a vintage Coty bottle, which of course were designed by Rene Lalique.

2. antaeus says:

I am not sure if I find this tacky or tastefull. I guess the EURO 1200.- pricetag makes it tastefull?(-:

It makes it out of my reach, that’s for sure!

• Dilana says:

I find many the bottles of most mass market perfumes look tackier in person than on screen. (Yes, Rhiana, I am talking about yours,although I must admit that if I wanted to smell pineappley, your fragrance would do nicely). Lalique, however, is in a whole different category because they use a high quality crystal and art glass techniques.

3. kaos.geo says:

Interesting notes.. and the price is right (for the regular bottles) might be the Oud I am “needing” ;-)

4. Nile Goddess says:

Have to smile at the flacon. Last Friday a colleague from work – who knows I love fragrance – got a bottle of Serge Lutens Boise Fruitee as a present. She loved it and was eager to tell me all about it.

Not speaking any French and having a poor English as well, she run to me almost yelling “Guess what? I got a bottle of Boys Fluid!”

Now looking at this gorgeous Lalique flacon, hmmm … really looks like “Boys’Fluid”

Question is – could a woman wear it too? :-D

LOL — funny!!

• Dilana says:

The lady who sold me a bottle of Daim Blond kept calling it “Dumb Blonde”
      In fact, I think of it as a “smart” perfume.

5. thenoseknows says:

Ummmm…. Consider this already bought! :-) Tres Belle!

6. Carlos Cavalcanti says:

Robin,
    I was searching for an authorized Lalique fragrance retalier and I couldn’t find it, then I entered at Amazon’s website and I found Equus (EDP) for an amazing price.
    Can you tell me if this marketplace is a good deal for me to buy fragrances? I’m a little bit worried about how much time has the fragrances been stocked, ’cause I read something about the 3 years lifetime.
    If they aren’t a reliable source, can you tell me where I can buy fragrances online (USA) and not to worrie about getting a past due product?

I’m sorry but I have no idea — I have never bought fragrance from Amazon. Usually you’re not even buying directly from Amazon, but from one of their many associate retailers.

There really isn’t officially any such thing as a “past due” product, but if you want to be absolutely sure you’re getting a reasonably fresh product, perhaps you ought to buy from Neiman Marcus or another authorized retailer. For me, I simply won’t spend full price, so I take my chances at the discounters.

7. ROBERTO ROBERTO says:

I own a regular 100 ml EDT bottle. It is a very good perfume and i love the drydown incense note on my skin. Very good projection and lasting power. Happy with HOMMAGE À L’ HOMME :)