Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot ~ new fragrance

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot

Thierry Mugler will launch A*Men Pure Shot in March. The new fragrance for men is a limited edition flanker to 1997's A*Men, and was reportedly inspired by double amputee sprinter Oscar Pistorius, who is the current face of the A*Men range.

A*Men Pure Shot is a fresh spicy woods developed by perfumer Jacques Huclier (who also created the original A*Men) and features notes of mint, juniper, white pepper, sequoia wood and patchouli.

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot will be available in 100 ml Eau de Toilette; in the US, it will be exclusive to Nordstrom at launch time.

(via wwd)

1. moore says:

I hope I can find this one when launched. I’ve only found Pure Coffee from the Pure Series. :(
    A* Flankers IMO are a marketing game from TM to catch attention to the rest of his line.

Good luck!

• moore says:

Thanks! I’ll really need it! ;)

• lucasai says:

I believe you’ll finally find them

• moore says:

Thanks, but I don’t think so: they’re strictly distributed. I think they try to make a kind of “legend” and catch some attention over these flankers.

• lucasai says:

I get the point! They’re trying to make those fragrances prestiguous collectibles

2. Dilana says:

By all accounts, Mr. Pistorius is very shrewd with respect to endorsements. So when they say it was “inspired” by him, does that mean that they paid him a lesser fee, then they would have if they called it “A*Men Oscar”

He’s been the face of A*Men since early last year, and I’m sure that like every other brand, they were planning a sport fragrance for the Olympics.

• Dilana says:

Yes, I now see that he has been given the full endorsement, “face” of advertising treatment.
        By the way, the prosethetics which are seen in the video are his racing prosthetics; he has an everyday set more suitable to wearing normal pants.

3. FragrantWitch says:

Sounds intriguing. All the A*Men I have sniffed are too too sweet- I can see why they are loved but can’t love them myself ( never managed to sniff the one that got so much love- was it Malt?) and so the mint and juniper make this sound more possible for me. Gin and tonic with some very nice chocolate to nibble maybe?

I liked Coffee especially, the Malt was also quite good.

4. lucasai says:

I dislike original A*Men, but this one sounds tempting. Will try if I find it somewhere someday

• moore says:

If you try, let me know!

5. eaudemale says:

Can’t they just release a totally new fragrance instead????

6. eminere says:

Stunning bottle.

7. thenoseknows says:

It will be easily available as well on the Thierry Mugler Beauty website, which sells all of his fragrances and sells the Limited Edition ones for the time span that they are available… so try looking there when this one comes out if you care to get a bottle… I know i am camping out the Mugler Beauty Website to order when it becomes available! :-) don’t wanna miss this one like i did Pure Malt… I have Pure Havane AND Pure Coffee and wish they weren’t so Distractingly overpriced on places like Ebay and such…

8. justaguy says:

Sounds like Thierry Mugler’s take on Yohji Homme to me.

9. jonr951 says:

I ordered it from the Mugler site. BIG MISTAKE! It’s definitely my least favorite of the A*MEN flankers. It isn’t horrible or anything but I guess I just don’t care for Sport colognes. I’m stuck with it so I might as well get used to it. Haha. I’m so bummed. : (

I don’t think Kevin is loving it either, but he hasn’t reviewed it yet.