Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Libre ~ new fragrance

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre

Yves Saint Laurent will launch L'Homme Libre in September. The new fragrance for men is a flanker to 2006's L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent, and is fronted by dancer Benjamin Millepied.

L'Homme Libre is a spicy woods fragrance with bergamot, pink pepper and patchouli.

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre will be available in 40, 60 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via prime-beaute, allure)

Update: L'Homme Libre was developed by perfumer Carlos Benaïm.

1. Gblue says:

OH finally! I thought it was a blip in our builds. It appeared on there at the end of last year, then disappeared on the next build.
    Notes list make it sound like YSL Elle/anyrandomfemininedesignerlaunch though.

But the color makes it sound like anyrandommasculinedesignerlaunch ;-)

• Valentine says:

True, I thought this would be a nondescript sporty/aquatic. But I have to say the bottle is quite purdy.

2. moore says:

Wow, they catched me Robin! Wonderful bottle!!! I like blue too much! And that degradee blue is so cool! Sometimes market games really works.

The blue down the atomizer plastic thingie is really nice, so as much as I’m sick of sporty blue men’s fragrances, gotta agree.

• moore says:

I haven’t seen it as a sport flanker to the original L’Homme. Its notes doesn’t seen to be sporty. But I’m sick of these too!! It’s like a vicious circle that never ends and paralizes or prune a great part of creativiness in masculine perfumery. Such a pitty.

3. faylene505 says:

Millepied? Isn’t it odd that a dancer’s name is “a thousand feet”?

4. eminere says:

That’s Natalie Portman’s boyfriend.

I want to see the ad. ;)

5. JoeLaRoc says:

I know many people thing the original L’Homme is a boring and cliche mainstream fragrance, but I really liked it. To me, it smells classy and it’s one of those fragrances I bought once, but def would pick it up again now that I haven’t been wearing it for about 6 months. All the flankers thus far have not impressed me however, but curious to give this one a try nonetheless.