Mauboussin Pour Elle ~ new perfume

Mauboussin Pour Elle

Mauboussin will launch Mauboussin Pour Elle, a new fragrance for women, in March.

The notes for the "chic and elegant" fruity floral include orange blossom, red fruits, rhubarb, rose, jasmine, gardenia, amber, caramel and sandalwood.

Mauboussin Pour Elle will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. (via parfum-femme.prime-beaute.com, magazine-avantages.fr)

1. donanicola says:

I was introduced to what I think might be the original Mauboussin by a dear perfume friend and loved it at first sniff. It’s fruity, but as it is by Christine Nagel who also composed one of my all time favs Theorema, it’s grown up fruity. Don’t know who did this one but if I see it around I’ll give it a sniff.

Worth a shot, although they’re awfully hard to find in the US — I probably won’t get to try it.

• mals86 says:

Original Mauboussin is really wonderful. I should pick up a small bottle, now that my mini is drained.

• AnnS says:

Argh – don’t buy any. I have lots. We can swap.

2. malijo789 says:

Gorgeous bottles!!

3. prism says:

hmmm

the bottles look nice?

and the caramel in the basenotes sounds promising

4. pyramus says:

Ever since Fendi did its parfum in a completely different bottle from the eau de parfum, I have thought that houses ought to issue different bottles for the same scent rather than just the same bottle in different sizes. That way, if you hate one bottle and would never own it, there’s still a chance you might love the other: and perhaps you would love them all so much that you would want to own the whole batch. It’s win-win! (Liz Claiborne did something similar with her first scent: the 30-, 50-, and 100-mL bottles were in extremely vivid, toy-like bottles of red, blue, or yellow, depending on the size, and I bet at least one person had all of them, sequentially if not simultaneously.)

All three of those bottles up there are gorgeous and would look beautiful as a collection on someone’s vanity. Shame they’re all the same concentration. I see them as parfum, EDP, EDT.

• Marjorie Rose says:

These remind me of the Angel Star Collection bottles. . .of which I did buy a mini, even though I don’t especially like the juice.

• Bear says:

I purchased all sizes of the Flower Kenzo bottles and grouped them together, very striking when displayed that way.
      Mauboussin original is one of my favourite benzoin-centric fumes.
      Nordstrom KoP used to carry this line, don’t know if they still do.

5. Absolute Scentualist says:

I like the list of notes and though I haven’t tried anything by the house, if I’m able to find it I’ll definitely give this one a go.

6. Erin says:

I’d have to see them in person, but so far I prefer my beautiful little irridescent pyramid with the delicious original Mauboussin (feminine) in it. (It’s a bit less unwieldy than the Mauboussin Histoire D’Eau topaz bottle, which is also strange/cool.) I love, love rhuarb, but this otherwise sounds a bit ominous, red fruits and caramel especially.

• boojum says:

Ditto that. I bought a mini of the original just bc I loved the bottle… was pleased when the fragrance was nice too. :) That’s the only one I’ve smelled of the line, though.

• AnnS says:

Ah, here comes the chorus of the original Mauboussin lovers…. I love that weird bottle too. I love the juice inside of it.. Maybe this new stuff will be good too, though all those fruits kind of scare me, lol.

• austenfan says:

I have never smelled the original. But I own and respect if not precisely love L’Histoire d’Eau Topaze.
      What is the original Mauboussin like compared to the Histoire?
      Remember what Luca wrote about Histoire d’Eau? He has such a way with words especially if he either really likes or loaths a fragrance.

7. maggiecat says:

I would love to smell this, if only to see how a great perfumer could make the notes of rhubarb and caramel play together nicely!

• AnnS says:

Now all I’m thinking about is hot rhubarb pie and caramels… Weird? Wonderful? Who knows!

8. Joe says:

Mauboussin seems to often have interesting bottles.

And is it just me or does it seem like caramel is the hot new accord that’s being put in all the fruity florals these days? That list of notes looks like something I’ve read ten times in the last month or two.

9. thenoseknows says:

Beautiful Notes, Beautiful Bottles… What’s not to like!?!?! sounds like a but without thinking about it kinda scent!

10. DRJMA says:

I think the pic looks like it was not of original bottles but wounderfully made drawings. However what ever the case may be, the fragrances seems nice and promisingly (I made this up) feminine. :D

11. Brava97 says:

According to Fragrantica, the nose is Olivier Cresp. He created one of my all-time faves, Lacoste Pour Femme. I just purchased a bottle of Max Mara Kashmina Touch unsniffed because that’s his as well. (And I love it.) So I’ll probably buy this in a couple of years when it can be found online for a discount.

12. BABETTE says:

I found this fragrance at Dillards in Metairie, la….it is elegant and different…love