La Maison de la Vanille Absolu de Vanille ~ new perfume

La Maison de la Vanille Absolu de Vanille

La Maison de la Vanille has launched Absolu de Vanille:

A sublime instant when the Absolu Vanilla precious perfume meets the woody and spicy notes of Patchouli, Cistus labadanum and Opoponax. A rare and gorgeous olfactory composition which offers you the « quintessence » of this magic spice, Vanilla…

Additional notes include benzoin and tonka bean.

La Maison de la Vanille Absolu de Vanille is available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum. (via maison-de-la-vanille)

1. Daisy says:

Everyone in the universe has heard of La Maison de la Vanille…I think I’m the only one who has sampled ZERO of their concoctions. (sort of amazing really, considering what a vanilla ho I am) Read good reviews and less favorable ones….but : magic, spice, vanilla…who could resist that?
    A Daisy lure= vanilla perfume on a string. sigh…I’m so easy.

• Tortola says:

Daisy I haven’t tried any of their stuff either and I am looking for a straightforward vanilla scent for layering (under Idole de Lubin in particular) so maybe I should look into it. Still kicking myself for not getting a bottle of L’Artisan’s Vanillia before it got axed :(

• Daisy says:

my favorite “straight up vanilla” so far, is Montale Vanilla Absolute–but it’s a BIG dose of vanilla so maybe just a teeny dab for layering. I’ve been wanting some for ages… I should probably just bite the bullet and get a bottle!

• Tortola says:

Thanks very much for the tip, will check out the Montale. Sounds like you should got for it yourself if you’ve been wanting it for that long!

• Daisy says:

lol — I was just thinking the same thing! You have just been awarded a shiny for your enabler’s pin. ;-)

The “vanillas of the world” series is decent, but probably a rival to Comptoir Sur Pacifique more than L’Artisan, if that helps. Haven’t smelled any of their newer things.

• AnnS says:

Daisy: I just love the smell of magic, lol. It’s my favorite accord.

• Dolly2 says:

Daisy-Add me to your list as I have not tried any of them either. You are not alone my friend!

• Warum says:

You’re not the only one!

2. Thanks, I will need to try it

3. sarahbeth says:

Ooh, we were just talking about their lotions (discontinued) yesterday! I am interested, at no doubt a manageable price point.

• mough says:

I posted this comment on yesterday’s discussion, but I was able to buy some Maison’s Vanilla Sauvage lotion just a week ago, with the new packaging.
      I also got the shower gel. Maybe it was a fluke, who knows. But snoop around on the internet; it’s where I found it.

4. maggiecat says:

This line is nicely priced and I love their scents! This sounds like a possible incense-y vanilla that was mentioned in the post from yesterday as well.

5. AnnS says:

This sounds like a vanilla I would like, with the opoponax and labdanum in the mix.

6. Rictor07 says:

I like their website. Never heard of this line. I havent found a vanilla i like, but a few of these sound worth trying.

7. Thanna says:

I’ll take a pass on this one. Expected to love their vanillas of the world series but found them rather cheap and synthetic smelling on me. Disappointing but money saved!

• Daisy says:

that’s the problem I’ve seen in reviews: that they turn plasticky….which is a problem I have with cheaper vanillas anyhow….it would be nice to have a inexpensive vanilla for layering!

8. Tamara says:

I like this line, they don’t come off plastically to my nose but they are heavy , like Robin said, more in the same vein as Comptoir . I had Vanille sauvage de Madagascar and Vanille givree des Antilles a couple years ago. Both were delicious.
    And both got jacked by my daughters, two of which are vanilla ho’s like me and Daisy.
    I think this one is definitely worth a smell if you love sweetness and the prices are very reasonable for how strong these are.

• Daisy says:

I always have room in my collection for another yummy vanilla! See–I planned ahead and gave birth to a daughter who likes green & citrus. So my gourmands and orientals are SAFE! ( darned clever of me , don’t you think?)

9. lemonprint says:

I am having trouble keeping all the Absolute Most Vanilla-est Absolu, Absolument! straight.

That said, I still think Tihota is the vanilla-est.

But there are a gaggle of Montale vanillas I haven’t tried.

• Daisy says:

Tihota Indult is great…it’s big and dense (death by vanilla) gotta love that stuff—but it’s kinda pricey. For sheer “bucket of vanilla” scent I think Montale Van. Abs. gives a very good representation…gosh, I’m seriously lemming that now!

• Daisy says:

however, sometimes I toy with the idea of ordering some Tihota…but then I see the price in check out and come to my senses!