Burberry Brit Limited Edition 2010 ~ new fragrances

Burberry Brit Limited Edition

Burberry will launch new limited edition versions of Burberry Brit for men and women in October. The new duo "captures the atmosphere of the British winter season".

Burberry Brit Limited Edition For Women (shown above right) ~ by perfumer Nathalie Gracia-Cetto, with citrus, pink pepper, baked apple and plum (pomarose), cinnamon, peony, cedar, sandalwood, amber and tonka bean. In 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Burberry Brit Limited Edition For Men (shown above left) ~ by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu, with mandarin, bay leaf, nutmeg, pine needles, wild rose, cedar, incense and tonka bean. In 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via parfums-tendance.fr, bellemania.de)

1. Tara says:

The men’s sounds more interesting than the womens.

2. AmyT says:

I wish they would bring back Burberry Brit Gold.

• miss kitty v. says:

Me, too! I should have snatched up a bottle of it when I had the chance.

• debbie says:

I adore Brit Gold and am wearing it today. Sometimes Fragrancenet have it for sale. I check nearly ever day and, when they have it, I always order a bottle!

That one was probably the best. Red was good too though.

• vmm says:

Brit Gold is a wonderful fragrance. Can’t describe it, but i’ve always found it magnificent. Also reminds me a little bit of Dior Addict, only Brit Gold’s top notes are a bit more citrus-y. Interestingly, Brit Gold seems to be available in Asia.

3. Daisy says:

The men’s does sound nice….but isn’t British winter kind of cold, wet and gloomy?? Not that Michigan winters are sunny and balmy or anything….

Yeah, doesn’t sound like much of an inspiration, does it?

• 50_Roses says:

I think when it is used that way–“winter season”–it refers to the winter social season.

• CynthiaW says:

Maybe it’s more of an inspiration of holiday scents? I thought that was what Brit Red was though – I do love Brit Red, so I’ll probably give this a sniff or two if I see it.

4. Joe says:

Am I reading correctly that the fragrances are new as well, not just LE bottles?

I’d be curious to smell how they twist the original Brit for Men, which I already own. I loved it for awhile, but find it super-powdery and sometimes difficult to wear now.

5. Dusan says:

I’m with Joe on the Brit for Men so looking forward to seeing if the pine needles will amp down the sweetness/powder.

6. maggiecat says:

I thought the one for men sounded more interesting as well! I’ve had no luck with this brand, which smells just fine on other people but not on me, as a rule.

7. eminere says:

Very sleek looking bottles!

8. smartylicious says:

Robin, please pretty please, could you review this one? The women’s version sounds like something that would be nice for winter and I just found out it won’t be available in my country :( I’m thinking about ordering it online from abroad.

I have not even tried it yet! Will see if I can get a sample next time I get to the mall.

• smartylicious says:

Great, thanks ! From what I heard, it’s already in stores.

9. Sephora lists the notes in the limited edition as being the exact same as the ones in the original Brit: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P276316&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1179

What am I missing here? :/ Is this (the link above) the right one? Confused…