Bruce Willis Eau de Parfum ~ new fragrance

Bruce Willis Eau de Parfum

Bruce Willis has launched his debut fragrance for men, Bruce Willis Eau de Parfum. It is described as an elegant green woody scent:

Smart guys live forever.
Just like Bruce Willis. A touch of immortality: spicy pepper and vetiver.
Rounded by cedarwood and grapefruit: straight, masculine and unconventional.
Bruce Willis' first fragrance. A legend.

Additional notes include orange and geranium leaves.

Bruce Willis Eau de Parfum is available in 50 and 100 ml and in matching grooming products. It is being marketed through LR Health & Beauty Systems, and will not be sold in North or South America. (quote via lrworld, additional information via news.bbc.co.uk)

1. zagara says:

ahhh…”will not be sold in North or South America”. That explains a few things! LOL

My mind is still baffled that this is even going to produced for sale anywhere. Can you imagine the pitch meeting?

L&R is a direct sales company (like Avon or Mary Kay), and I don’t think they have any distribution arrangements in the Americas. Bet it will sell though!

2. Ari says:

Oh man. That bottle. Priceless.

It’s a perfect fit.

• I know! Haha, this makes me laugh so much. I want it to set next to my Donald Trump cologne. Maybe an online discounter will have it someday.

• DoryCubana says:

Donald Trump cologne should get “matching HAIR products” … that would be a sales hit … lol

• olenska says:

Minus that awful nameplate w/ the rivets and Army-issue stencil font, the bottle’s actually OK. But WITH the nameplate? High-larious.

3. pigoletto says:

Has April 1st come early? They should have just called it Die Hard for men. And what’s the ‘straight’ in ‘straight, masculine and unconventional’ supposed to mean? LOL

In WWD today, someone from L&R said it was “the manliest scent in the world”. I think that explains it ;-)

• pigoletto says:

Ah – clearly L&R haven’t seen any Mandom ads – they would’ve just given up the idea as futile immediately!!

• antaeus says:

Pigoletto, speaking as a gayman, Iḿ pretty sure no gays will be wearing this. Damn, this looks cheap… (-:

4. neeks says:

This isn’t for real, right? Right?

Oh but yes.

• neeks says:

Please could you review this when its available? I would love for it to be fabulous just for the absurdity of ot all. And cause I like the bottle.

I doubt I will because I don’t have any way to get any, short of buying it & paying to ship it overseas…and it isn’t likely to be THAT fabulous ;-)

• neeks says:

Ah, good point!

• DoryCubana says:

What if one of European NST fans, actually me, ships one to you, when the sale of it starts?

DoryCubana, that is really kind, but here is the thing: it could get here and smell so dull & generic that I can’t even think of anything to say about it! So it is always best not to buy things unsniffed, even for review.

And should have said: but thank you!

5. RusticDove says:

LOL!! Thanks, I needed that. ;-)

6. AnnS says:

All the silliness aside… I think the notes sound basically promising. Elegant and green? Vetiver and geranium sound good to me. If it weren’t from BW but rather a new fragrance from some other frag house, it would probably be received OK. The fact they aren’t selling it in the US is kind of suspect though. Now there will be some underground market to get it over here, which is kind of funny.

7. Thanna says:

A touch of immortality? Seriously?

What’s the target market for this? It seems that celebrity scents are most often aimed at the younger consumers but Bruce would seem to be a bit past his prime for them.

8. Something tells me this will sell like crazy in places like Japan. That bottle is just … yeah, I suppose the best way to describe it would be simply appropriate.

I really want to smell this for the pure novelty and amusement factor.

• Thanna says:

Kind of like sniffing a bottle of Donald Trump or SpongeBob cologne!

L&R doesn’t operate in Japan either though…

9. Absolute Scentualist says:

Lol I had to check the date again to make sure I didn’t somehow wake up on April Fools Day once more. Rampaging kiddos on summer vacay? Check. Ridiculous heatwave? Check. Funniest Darn. It’s still July. article I’ve read in a long time? Double check. ;)

10. Karin says:

What a strange marketing theme – smart guys live forever? As if anyone with half a brain can have control over the length of their lives? Apparently, Bruce is so smart, he’ll never die? Or are they implying he’s smart cause he’s creating a legend for himself that will live forever…like the legacy of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis. Uh…Bruce Willis, a legend? Hmmm…

• kaos.geo says:

Karin, smart guys get deals like this, not available in North or South America… ;-) and I guess it won´t be

The rest of the world has a higher tolerance to wacky and kitsch it seems. And if it fails… he can relaunch it in the Americas painlessly.

It seems they have a “star box” set of fragrances associated with celebrities, Bruce Willis, Leona Lewis, Marcus Schenkenberg (a male model of prominence in the 90′s), Desperate Housewives, Beautyqueen by LR, Boris Becker, Ralf Moeller (actor), Heidi Klum(!), Iris Berben (german actress), Michael Schumacher, Sarah Connor (the singer, not the saviour of humanity from the Terminator Series, hehehe)

Disclaimer: I love Bruce Willis, from the moonlighting days on. :-)

• kaos.geo says:

Sorry for my poor editing.. by THEY I mean LR Health and Beauty… they do this kind of things over europe it seems.

• olgarou says:

The rest of the world has higher tolerance to kitsch? For God’s sake, you have Kim Kardashian perfumes there!

• kaos.geo says:

You’ve got a point… I stand corrected… it is just that I am in Argentina :-)

• olgarou says:

I’m in Spain :-)

11. Amanda says:

LOL; A legend in the making indeed…

12. Kartoon says:

Bruce Willis??!! … I still cannot relate his image to Eau de Parfum …he should be smell with a sweaty masculin smell which I may not want to put on…

13. kaos.geo says:

Well I do love the bottle and the cap.
    Imagine the bottle and the cap without the mettalic plaque with the 80′s font.

The notes sound soooo conventional that it really looks boring.

And regarding the “straight” part…. Well all I can say is that thank God some men now have the option of being masculine and unconventional… .but not necessarily straight :-)

14. VanMorrisonFan says:

How can you have a MANLY “eau de parfum?” It should smell like spent shell casings, gunpowder, sweat, blood, and charred human flesh. THAT would be a manly fragrance.

I’m waiting for “Dirty Harry – The Fragrance.”

“Hey punk…you wanna know why I smell this way? Do you punk? Well listen to me carefully…I showered and shaved today and then I sprayed on this French-designed, German-manufactured cologne…and if you give me any lip I’ll spray some on you too…got that punk?”

• neeks says:

Too true! Although ironically I think Clint Eastwood (when he was just being himself) would proabably wear something quite nice, classic and dry.

15. pyramus says:

I’m giving them a whole lot of credit for calling it an eau de parfum. Men’s EDPs are rare; most people use “cologne” interchangeably with “men’s fragrance”, so for them to not only launch it as an EDP but put that fact right in the name? Unexpected and mildly impressive.

• DoryCubana says:

Agreed, just this morning my hubby complained how he’d like EdP of some of his favorites! I said but some of your favs are EdP aren’t they. we checked them all, none were, not even Guerlains…

• pyramus says:

I can’t think of a whole lot. Boucheron used to do EDPs (the original Boucheron Pour Homme EDP is miles better than the EDT), and so did Yves Saint Laurent–of Rive Gauche Pour Homme and Opium Pour Homme, anyway. Nothing else comes to mind right away.

16. wondermelmo says:

For some reason, I’m now thinking of his silly groove dance from his ” Respect Yourself” music video. Let’s have more fragrances in this vein!

Have you heard the News? Huey Lewis Eau de Parfum. It’s the heart of rock n’ roll.

17. Marsha says:

Two thoughts…

The ad blurb is a translation of the original from Japanese to English, and something weird happened.

Chuck Norris called. HE’LL have a “manlier” scent out next month and we’ll have a death match of the he-man scents.

18. olenska says:

I think that with a little concerted effort, we could make this the biggest selling women’s fragrance of the year. ;)

19. poppy field says:

Competition for Sex Panther at last?! ;-)

(I have to admit, I have a bit of a guilty crush on ole Bruce…)

20. eminere says:

Bruce Willis will NOT live forever.

And I hope neither will this fragrance.