Ferragamo Attimo ~ new perfume

Ferragamo Attimo

Salvatore Ferragamo will launch Attimo, a new floral fragrance for women that captures 'the essence of Italian style', in September. Attimo will be fronted by model Dree Hemingway.

The notes include Nashi pear, kumquat, lotus flower, gardenia, frangipani, peony, musk, cedar and patchouli. Attimo was developed by perfumers Jean-Pierre Bethouart and Annick Menardo.

Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products. (via dutyfreemagazine.ca, bellezza.estetica.it)

Update: In the US, Attimo will launch at Bloomingdales in July. It is "pitched at a hipper, more contemporary fashion customer ranging in age from 25 to 45 — with an emphasis on the lower end of the range." (via wwd)

1. Bee says:

I’ll try this one, but is it going to be nicely boring or have a some edgy twist? (nashi pears don’t really unleash a sensorial explosion) . It does sound more like a summer scent than an autumn one, though (and: hmm, Italian style, whatever that means)

2. ggperfume says:

The bottle is stunning, and I’m glad to see the 30ml put-up, but the list of notes suggests just another fruity floral.

3. jonr951 says:

I’m really enjoying the bottle too. It doesnt sound like anything new & exciting. Kinda sounds & looks like Eau Mega. I wouldnt mind a 30ml. If not just for the bottle. I have a friend who works for Ferragamo so I’ll see if I can get a sample of it. : )

• springpansy says:

If you do, please let us know what you think. I, too, love the bottle! But can’t buy unless I like the scent as well.

Yes, do report back! I did not love Eau Mega.

4. Thanna says:

Why does that bottle make me think of the Michelin Man?

5. samantha says:

Me too!

6. 50_Roses says:

Actually, I think it looks like a stack of poker chips.

• ggperfume says:

You’re right, it does! So funny– at first I thought it was a handsome abstract shape, then something seemed familiar about it, but I couldn’t think what. . .

7. Nile Goddess says:

Actually

8. Nile Goddess says:

Sorry, wrong button :-)

I wanted to say it looks like Premier Jour by Nina Ricci, more finely cut :-D

• thenoseknows says:

WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!!!! ;-)

9. kaos.geo says:

OFFTOPIC: Wow, how many fragrances is Dree Hemingway fronting currently?
    I believe she is being pushed into media saturation!

My only hope is that at some point H2O+ takes notice before it is too late and come out with “Dree” a fragrance at least half as good as 1993’s “Mariel”. ;-)

As for Ferragamo, they keep churning out “incanto”s…. I hope this is not as Escada-esque as the incantos!

I loved the original Ferragamo for men but I didn´t care for any of the others (subtil et al)

It’s at least 2 & maybe 3, I think. But still don’t think she’s anywhere near the big name Mariel was.

10. Boots says:

I just got a bottle of Attimo from my boyfriend who worked a Ferragamo event. I’m dissappointed! It’s boring – there’s nothing new about it at all to me. It’s a basic floral perfume, extremely feminine. I barely smell any musk, cedar or patchouli. And the bottle is similarly uninspiring in person. The poker-chip stack takes a minute to even notice. It really just looks like a cylinder. I will probably layer this perfume with patchouli oil to deepen it. Or sell it on ebay and buy something from L’Artisan instead…

I tried it in Bloomies last weekend, and can’t disagree — it is not exactly loaded with personality.

11. alligins says:

I tried a sample recently…nice enough, but I like perfume to give me a feeling. I pretty much expect it,no matter what the pricetag.

I read the notes in this article, and it does sound good, but it’s not as interesting in person. Oh well!… Next!