Fendi Fan di Fendi ~ new fragrance

Fan di Fendi perfume advert

Fendi will launch Fan di Fendi in September. The new fragrance is for 'playful and passionate' women.

Fan di Fendi is a floral with leather accents; the notes include pear, blackcurrant, mandarin, pink pepper, rose, jasmine, soft leather and patchouli.

Fendi Fan di Fendi will be available in 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum. (via parfumerie.nl, with thanks to Jacob for the link; additional information via fr.fashionmag)

1. thenoseknows says:

Hello Yum-I-Licious! SO LOVE THE BOTTLE! EGADS! Fragrance also sounds Scent-Sational! Jasmine, Rose and Leather. with Pear and Cassis AND Patchouli!!! Yum Yum Gimme Some! On The Lookout for this Beaut as of NOW! :-D

• It does sound interesting. I will definitely be trying it!

I like the bottle too, and a soft floral leather could be nice.

2. jonr951 says:

I really wish I had paid more attention to Palazzo. I dont remember it at all. Im looking forward to trying this. Im loving the bottle. : )

I did not think much of Palazzo, but it was a darned nice bottle…they should reuse it for something else. Preferably a reissue of Theorema…

• RusticDove says:

Excellent idea Robin!

• SmokeyToes says:

Jon, if you get the chance, try Theorema, it’s a great winter spicy scent.
      Love it!

• jonr951 says:

Ok now I definitely need to find and try Theorema!! Everyone seems to really like it!!! Thanks!! : )

3. L says:

Yes! I am excited about this one, too. And it comes in a 30 ml.

4. debbie says:

I just wish they would reissue Theorema- i’m hanging on to the last few drops in a very,very old bottle!

Little hope of that, but I think people are still finding bottles for sale…

• Daisy says:

are there? I haven’t looked for Theorema in a while—just assumed it had all been sucked up by panicked fans.

Oh, then maybe I’m wrong. Thought I had seen something in the comments at Perfume Posse fairly recently about people finding bottles…

• Daisy says:

then they probably are—I haven’t looked . It just seemed as though it was becoming pretty scarce last year. but that’s the way it always is: once you’ve decided you need something—it’s suddenly GONE. sigh.

• KRL says:

I bought an almost full 100 ml bottle last week on ebay! They are still out there.

• Thalia says:

You can get 5ml minis of Theorema readily for around $7 — I don’t think the larger bottles are as easy to find.

• Daisy says:

Yes! I just went and looked around the evilbay—there were even a couple bottles of the EdP –quite a variance in pricing though–the scarcity is really showing.

• Daisy says:

Debbie —you’re breaking my heart! I feel your pain…if you want, email me and maybe we can work out a split for a smidge of my bottle. I couldn’t bear to be down to the last drops of Theorema!
      Daisyloo82 at gmail.com

• debbie says:

Oh Thank-You! You are really a sweety! I will email now-although as im on the other side of the planet you will probably think i wasnt interested-i have only been asleep!

• thenoseknows says:

I actually liked Pallazzo a lot more than Theorema! was more unique, Theorema and me never really clicked!

5. kaos.geo says:

This bottle has the inverted Fs an the gucci bottle with the inverted Gs (I know it is a Gucci tradition, I am not trying to find out who came first with the idea Hehehehe) and the target group, carefree pleasure loving girls…

I mean the two launches were just one to close the other so I am thinking they look too much alike/are targeted to the same audience…

Now I have to try them both as soon as they get here! :-)

Very true, those bottles are similar!

• KRL says:

I think this is the same logo they’ve been using for ages on their “Baguette” style purse.

6. littlecooling says:

Yes…I love the bottle…it is very similar to the Gucci Guilty bottle, but I think it will look nice beside eachother =) I love the thought of a floral leather scent =)

7. eminere says:

I can see this becoming a big hit.

Yeah, but I thought the same of Palazzo before I smelled it ;-)

• eminere says:

Hahaha I didn’t like Palazzo too when I smelt it, but I don’t think that stopped it being a big success

8. Daisy says:

So a fruity leather scent? That sounds interesting to me. Fendi seems to put out a good solid fragrance (if that makes any sense to anyone but me) not like some houses that just seem to toss some stuff in the pot, stir it up , bottle it and wait to see if it sells. I tend to like leather notes —-but this doesn’t sound “playful” at all and by the looks of the ad it’s for “sweaty” women.

• OperaFan says:

I definitely don’t like the ad photo – too much like the Parisienne commercial.

• sarahbeth says:

It reminds me of the Prada Infusion d’Iris ads as well: Metallic Sweat!

• Ari says:

It definitely does sound interesting! Hopefully the “soft leather” will not be TOO soft.

• boojum says:

Anorexic, sweaty women.

• miss kitty v. says:

I was going to say– she doesn’t look very “passionate and playful” to me. I know it was supposed to be sexy, but I created my own scenario for what’s going on in that picture. The stages are as follows: coughing up water while drowning, passed out on the beach because no one wants to resuscitate the greasy sweaty girl, and then looking dazed and nauseated upon regaining consciousness.

• RusticDove says:

LOL

• KRL says:

I’m waiting for an ad slug that reads “for the harried and anxious woman.”

9. March says:

so am I the only one who smirked when saying it out loud?

fandifendi?

or perhaps “fahndefendi” but still.

Yeah, why can’t they just give us some more Theorema? Or Asja?

• AnnS says:

I also thought it is a very strange name – almost sounds like you are saying “o-ffended -i ” ;-)

Hope spring eternal that this one will smell good on par with the unjustly discontinued Fendi classics. March, I couldn’t agree with you more: more Theorema, more Asja, more Fendi!!!

The bottle is very much like the new gold Gucci bottle as noted above. Who knows which one was “first” And the ad copy is a real snoozer. I always loved the exotic ad pictures they used to use – lush, romantic, exotic Italy in a bottle. Not this new standard boring oiled up airbrushed models rolling all over each other, blah blah blah. Maybe they could have put them all in a gondola, lol?

• Daisy says:

…and then tipped the gondola, thus ridding us of their presence entirely…..and now look—there’s a vacant gondola just for us ! how convenient! Why yes, I’d love a gondola tour!

• Daisy says:

Too true! I can’t even begin to express how happy I am that I laid in a stash of Theorema when she was discontinued! Never tried Asja—but you know, March—now that you’ve mentioned it my lemmings are fidgeting and quite miffed that they’ve missed out on something good….

• AnnS says:

Yeah! Now I know what I can send you a long with my swap package that I haven’t finished putting together – a nice sample of Asja!!! Finally I have something you don’t or haven’t smelled!!!

• boojum says:

It’s tough, isn’t it?

10. RusticDove says:

I do look forward to trying this one. A floral with leather – sounds promising! Handsome bottle to boot.

11. Asha says:

Oh gosh, did somebody say leather and patchouli? I’m there! I wonder if it will be a like more floral version of Dior Homme? Or maybe something like PG Oiseau de Nuit?

12. Absolute Scentualist says:

A quick glance at the notes made me think of BB Nude for an instant. It does sound yummy.

• RusticDove says:

If this turns out to be anything like BB Nude, I will love it!

13. FragrantWitch says:

I can’t wait to smell this, it sounds lovely. Plus, the bottle is fab!

14. SmokeyToes says:

What?! A new Fendi scent with leather??
    I will try not to get the hopes up….. but good that Fendi is still creating :) Yeah!

15. prism says:

the ad looks like it’ll be a fruity floral…

16. alotofscents says:

Wow, sounds like me! …hope hope.
    It looks like the ad women need a fan. I guess sweat is sexy.

17. jonr951 says:

Is Fan di going to launch in the US? I really hope so. I want it just for the bottle. LOL! : )

Not til 2011 (which I would assume means that if it flops, we’ll never see it)

18. jonr951 says:

Well I sure hope it doesn’t flop. I could probably find it eventually on the internet though. : )