Halle Berry Reveal ~ new fragrance

Halle Berry Reveal perfume advert

Halle Berry will launch her third perfume, Reveal, in August, although it will not be introduced in the US until January. According to Berry...

...I wanted this one to be a little more floral, but the inspiration was still about keeping it classic and easy.

Reveal is a woody floral fragrance developed by perfumer Richard Herpin. The notes include mimosa, peach, honeydew melon, red berries, plumeria, iris blossom, neroli, vetiver, cashmere woods and skin musk. Berry says that she chose "facets of [the iris note] that make it feel velvety soft and airy".

Halle Berry Reveal will be available in 15, 30 and 50 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products. (via wwd)

1. Tiara says:

Happy to see 15ml! I can’t figure scents out from reading about the notes so no comment there but I will say another one already? And….considering how pretty she is, sorry to see her in shadow. Her face CAN sell a few bottles.

According to WWD, the line is selling REALLY well, much better than Coty expected. And much better in Europe than they expected. So would guess she’ll keep cranking them out ;-)

• Julia says:

Interesting. I’ve only tried the original and found it to be different from the rest of the pack though it wasn’t very successful on my skin. Happily, it came in a 5ml roll on which is a nice way to test out a fragrance. I also though Queen Latifah’s was better than many. I’ve seen it at CVS recently and the price is down a little from when it launched at Macy’s. I wonder how it is doing? Is that a downgrade?

• CynthiaW says:

Nina Ricci Nina has shown up at Walgreens now, too. I’d say that it’s a downgrade – but Walgreens also has Shalimar, Dune, and Angel, so who knows? Maybe just a way to reach more people?

Yeah…there’s almost nothing you can’t find at either Walmart or Target now.

No idea how Queen is doing, but would have thought it did well.

2. MelissaJane says:

This one sounds like it might be a winner. The notes sound great, especially the basenotes. Neroli, vetiver, cashmere and musk…I really want to try this one!

3. CynthiaW says:

Sounds like an odd fragrance to launch in January – seems more like a beginning-of-the-summer release to me.

Ditto…no idea why they’re doing a staggered launch, except they do it all the time so there must be a marketing reason.

4. jonr951 says:

I have to wait till Jan?! Im sad. It sounds nice doesnt it? Lets hope its another Halle and not a Pure Orchid. : )

5. miss kitty v. says:

I think this is the first time I’ve seen iris *blossom* listed as a note. There was something by B&B Works that had it in it, and I actually really loved it. Or maybe it was just joy at finding a part of the iris that I’m NOT anosmic to. :)

The bottle of this looks really pretty, and I love the ad. It reminds me of 80′s ads that were done up to look like 50′s ads, if that makes any sense at all.

There was also that Bvlgari Omnia one, the purple one? But who knows if this is really the blossom or just a molecular fraction of the root.

6. Amanda says:

The poster seems menacing to me – maybe it’s because I can’t see her eyes?

Wonder if there’s a second ad that shows her face — as in “the reveal”?

• Yes, having her eyes hidden by the shadow is sort of scary.

7. thenoseknows says:

I LOVE THE AD! SMOLDERING! MYSTERIOUS!! one could Imagine if Lauren Bacall in her Youth (in the 40′s) had done a Fragrance the Ad would have been like This! :-) I LIKE IT! Loving the “Variation” on the Van Cleef And Arpels First Bottle, and the notes sound SUMPTUOUS! I love the original Halle Fragrance (haven’t smelled the Orchid one) and this sounds to be more Thrilling and Exciting than the first! so, Go Go Halle! Work! :-)

8. mjr says:

“a little more floral”, eh? this sounds a lot more fruity, if you ask me! LOL ;)

9. jonr951 says:

So Robin Reveal got a big YAWN from you today? Oh NO! Is it worth reviewing?! LOL! Here’s hoping for one still! LOL! : )

I will give it another shot, but I thought it wasn’t nearly as good as the 1st one.

10. dee says:

They finally got this at my Walgreens (I was just there) and tested this on the strip and found it very pretty. Not anything to get worked up over, but it’s nice to see a tasteful, pretty, mass-market fragrance :)