Soivohle’ Lilacs & Heliotrope, Lilacs & Roses ~ new perfumes

Soivohle' Lilacs & Heliotrope, Lilacs & Roses

Soivohle' has launched two new lilac-based fragrances for spring, Lilacs & Heliotrope and Lilacs & Rose:

Lilacs & Heliotrope ~ "A formidable pairing of lush iconic florals, opening with the geen [sic] tinged freshness of lilacs in full bloom, settling to a rich heart of white and purple lilac, a touch of orchid, and the slightest hint of rose melding into the heliotrope, with a base of mosses, soft musk and benzoin." Available in Eau de Toilette and Esprit de Parfum.

Lilacs & Roses ~ "A classic blend of floral notes beginning with our Persian Lilac Accord, Roses, Centifolia Absolute, Tuberose and a touch of jasmine, grounded by a sultry oriental base." Available in Eau de Toilette.

If you purchase the 60 ml Lilacs & Heliotrope Eau de Toilette by 4/24, you'll get a free 5 ml purse spray of Lilacs & Roses. (via soivohle)

1. mals86 says:

Squee! I’ve been waaaaaiting on the Lilacs & Heliotrope ever since I heard about it. Off to order a sample.

• sharviss says:

Me too!! I hope this is as delicious as it sounds!

Do report back — these do sound nice although I’m not a huge heliotrope fan.

• mals86 says:

Will do, when possible.

Just curious – you don’t notice the heliotrope in Aimez-Moi? Or you like it despite the heliotrope?

Oh, I don’t *hate* heliotrope, just not sure I love it when it’s given star billing. I don’t find it that intense in AM.

2. miss kitty v. says:

Waiting for Rustic Dove to chime in. I am pretty sure she has tried these, and was raving about them. Either that, or I’m now making things up in my own mind about people and their perfume interests.

• RusticDove says:

haha You’re right Mz. K, I’ve tried the L&H and I’m a fan. In fact, this is the first lilac fragrance I’ve liked. I’ll have to sample the L&R too!

3. LaMaroc says:

Lilacs of any color are my favorite flower. All the lilac bushes in our area are bursting with blooms right now. One of the few reasons I like having my b-day around this time of year. April’s flower is supposed to be sweet pea, I think (according to whose authority, I’m not sure) but I didn’t grow up with its smell like I did lilac! All that said, I’ve never really actually liked *smelling* like lilacs. The real thing cannot be beat and a decent room spray is an ok substitute when I’m desperate. I’m not about to do what my grandmother does and use perfume like it’s Febreze! She goes through a bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn Wiseria every two months! But then, she’s 98 years old so I think she’s entitled! :)

• LaMaroc says:

Grrr, that’s Wisteria, of course. And I even missed that after proof reading. *rolleyes*

• mals86 says:

She is Definitely Entitled.

Older people don’t register odors at lower concentrations like they used to when they were younger, so I’m sure that’s what’s behind the itchy spritzy finger.

• LaMaroc says:

Yes, I figured that’s why because she also can barely see or hear, too! But it still drives my mother crazy (it is *her* mother after all) lol. That’s why I always pitch in for a new bottle. I hope I am still able to indulge in fragrance in such a way when/if I’m 98!

• fleurdelys says:

May we all live to be 98 and retain our zest for the sensual pleasures of life!

• Haunani says:

Hear hear! How wonderful!

• AnnS says:

With all the fragrance we all have, we’ll *have* do go through it that fast to use it up!!!

I am charmed by the image of your grandmother enjoying her perfume. The idea of enjoying perfume that much at that time of life is very charming. I can imagine walking down memory lane fragrance memory, by fragrance memory when I am older.

• OperaFan says:

So there’s a good excuse for hoarding – by the time we get into our 90’s we won’t be able to buy perfumes so easily and in our weakened sensory perception states, we get to spritz with abandon! (Desperately looking for excusese for my massively growing collection….)

• mals86 says:

OH, THANK YOU! I was desperately searching for an excuse, and you’ve just given me a great one…

• LaMaroc says:

Thanks for all your lovely comments! My grandmother is so funny. She comes from that Depression-era generation where it’s very hard for her to accept gifts. If you bring her something, she either wants to pay you for it or she turns around and wants to give it back to you or give you some kind of gift in return. lol
          And yup, I’ve already started thinning my cache of perfumes by using them as room sprays myself. I’ve started by separating out the ones that I love the smell of but just don’t develop well on my skin.

4. maggiecat says:

Lilacs grew in my backyard when I was a child, and I love the flower and the smell of the flower – but not on me. Put the flowers in the room, though, and I am so there….

• LaMaroc says:

Me too, Maggiecat! There was a row of lilac bushes right outside my bedroom window of the house I grew up in. My local post office has several enormous bushes – they’re basically “trees” now, lol – and the smell is so amazing, I make an excuse to go by there several times a day

5. Joe says:

I’ve been looking forward to sampling Lilac & Heliotrope since Liz started mentioning it months ago.

• RusticDove says:

Joe – Liz has little 5 ml sizes available @ the Soivohle site…

6. OperaFan says:

Lilacs and roses sound lovely. Maybe it’s time for me to try some of her creations.

7. Haunani says:

These sound pretty, but I wore En Passant yesterday (from a dwindling little decant – sob!), and I can’t imagine loving a lilac fragrance more than that one. En Passant’s combo of the lilac, watery/cucumber element, and that unusual bready note is just SO beautiful to my nose! I don’t think I would want the distraction of rose or heliotrope with my lilac, but I could be wrong.

• Flora says:

I agree, En Passant is the gold standard, but I adore lilac and I will try these if I get the chance.

• Joe says:

H, it makes me wonder if my used 5ml atomizer of En Passant had turned before I got it or something, because I don’t get any watery/cucumber-y anything… just a hot, sticky mess of Lilac Syrup. What you’re describing sounds good and I usually trust your judgment, we being twins and all…

• mals86 says:

En Passant hot and sticky? Wowsers.

• Haunani says:

Yep, something must have been wrong with your sample, Joe! En Passant was one of my first big perfume revelations. I couldn’t believe that a fragrance could float on my skin so lightly, and that it could slip in and out of perception for hours on end.