Avon + Fergie Outspoken ~ new perfume

Fergie Outspoken perfume for Avon, advert

Outspoken, the debut fragrance from singer Fergie, will launch in May under the Avon label. Outspoken is described as a courageous scent for confident women.

The notes feature frozen blackberry, starfruit, saffron, tuberose, jasmine, passion flower, ebony, black leather and vetiver.

Fergie Outspoken perfume for Avon, fragrance bottle

Avon + Fergie Outspoken will be available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette or 75 ml Body Spray. (via cosmoty.de, pinkmelon.de)

Update: Outspoken is a fruity floral; it was developed by perfumer Laurent Le Guernec.

1. Parfumesse says:

mmm the notes do sound nice,black leather….will sample this one!

We had a long discussion about the notes the other day, in case you missed it:

• mals86 says:

What? Now there’s “frozen blackberry” listed??? Now I’m leery.

• Julia says:

It sounds a little like a smoothie in the beginning. I haven’t really liked anything with blueberry like Mure et Musc, though I know many people love that one and it has many imitators like philosophy’s unconditional love. I like the bottle and I still need to order something from my friend’s kid so he will stop inundating me with catalogues.

• olenska says:

I’m with you, Mals86. When I see “frozen” anything listed as a scent element in a perfume, I think Fla-Vor-Ice or Otter Pops– artificial and loaded with dye.

• Parfumesse says:

Oh thanks,Robin….gone to check it out!

2. devilbunnies says:

The notes sound more interesting than the average celeb perfume and I don’t hate the bottle. I know, the juice matters most… but I am a sucker for cute bottles. And I like purple. ;)

3. ajuarez says:

The name makes me think of Unspoken un oldy by avon.

• ponderous says:

At least it’s not named My Humps, right?

4. ggperfume says:

First two ingredients are fruit. You have been warned.

5. miss kitty v. says:

Take out the “frozen blackberry” (?), starfruit, and the passion flower and you might have had me. Black leather, saffron and vetiver sound good, though.

• wondermelmo says:

Mmm, yes. Those three sound fantastic.

6. I fear the “frozen blackberry” note reminds me chillingly (no pun intended) of the “chilled blackberry Martini accord” (or some such) in DKNY Delicious Night. It was the very first perfume I sampled after my interest in perfume kicked in, and damn near stopped it in its tracks!

It sounds as though it will pack a punch, however it smells!

7. Philippe says:

I could understand that there are some fragrances with blackberry notes, and some are brilliant such as Mure et Musc. But I could swear I have NEVER seen a frozen blackberry note.

8. breathesgelatin says:

At first I thought this might be Kim Kardashian II. But now I’m not so sure.

9. thenoseknows says:

I think that is one of the cheapest, most “AVON” Looking bottles i can imagine… well cheap fragrance for a cheap celebrity i would have to imagine! no interest AT ALL other than to Deride! ICK! makes me Gag!

10. Rosabelle says:

Spoken or unspoken, this is truly horrible. I guess it is not only cheap but somehow meant to be cheap…. Does it make any sense ? I don’t know, but this is what it signals- I am a girl without any money and this is the only thing I can buy…But it’s signed by Fergie !!! This apart, it is sweet and atrocious, like a fake Amarige meant to kill everybody around. I got a sample in a Hello magazine and tried it once because I couldn’t bear to sniff it a second time….