Nina Ricci Le Paradis de Nina ~ new fragrance

Nina Ricci Le Paradis de Nina

Le Paradis de Nina is coming soon from Nina Ricci. The lastest limited edition flanker to the brand's popular Nina fragrance is a gourmand interpretation, and was inspired by the madeleine.

Le Paradis de Nina features notes of orange peel, mandarin, orange blossom, almond tree, heliotrope, apple, gardenia, sandalwood, blond woods, patchouli and vanilla.

Nina Ricci Le Paradis de Nina will be available in 50 ml, concentration unknown, and is expected to launch in April. (via relay.fr, vogue.fr)

Update: Le Paradis de Nina was developed by perfumers Marie Salamagne and Olivier Cresp. (via osmoz)

1. Aleksandra says:

Inspired by a cookie? Already dipped in tea to cause a nostalgic trip, or not?
    I can’t tell if the notes sound bland, or the advertising makes me think of watery perfumes.

Hard to tell…I am not a huge fan of Nina, but this sounds like something I might like better.

• Owen says:

I smelled the first one, Nina. and it was sickly sweet.
        this one is much lighter. makes me think of strawberries. it’s a lot nicer than the first one anyhow.

• Owen says:

paradis de Nina is also very sugary.

2. boojum says:

It sounds like an entirely new fragrance rather than a flanker. Nina was not much different from DKNY Red Delicious. If it’s not too sweet (doubtful), this one could be much more appealing.

3. Sunnyfunny says:

I think it sounds nice! Vanilla, almond, and orange essence, heady flowers, and what will probably be very clean woods giving it body. I may have to try this one.

I’m sure I will too.

4. prism says:

it’s so strange how they still use the image of a dead girl, instead of shooting a campaign with a new girl….

i guess once she’s dead, they don’t have to pay her anymore?

• Sunnyfunny says:

Really? That model is dead? Who is she?

• prism says:

Ruslana Korshunova. found dead in New York. apparently she was killed for her hair?

shame.

• Suzanne941 says:

Killed…for her hair? Geez Louise, on top of the Anna Sui lobotomy pix I need something else today!
          Robin honey, dig in that sample basket and come up with something good today! Please, please!

• kurt1 says:

In an odd way this reminds me of a person we all know: Jean-Baptiste Grenouille ….

• Owen says:

oh dear :( poor girl

• Owen says:

well apparently, she fell from her 9th floor apartment balcony on Water Street, New York, they think she committed suicide :( but it also says her hair was jagged and short. but it might of been some twisted person just walking by and thought they’d take a hack of her hair.

bless her x

• kalynna says:

Wow, what a strange, sad story! According to Wikipedia http://www.google.com/search?q=ruslana+korshunova&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a the police ruled her death a suicide and never investigated further.

Ack!

5. Absolute Scentualist says:

Yum. This would be wonderful in the early spring as an antidote to winter, whose death rattle here seems to go on well into April. Just when you think the snow’s through and it’s safe to plant… I could just imagine the coziness of this frag and some Earl Grey tea by the fire as the earth thaws outside. I’ll have to check it out.

6. kalynna says:

This sounds nice, except for the apple…blech. I will still check it out though!

I am not a big apple fan either.

• boojum says:

Oh, they DID sneak that in there… I somehow missed it in the list of notes, which is why I thought it didn’t sound like much of a flanker. I think I tend to key in on the first maybe 4-5 notes, then it’s all blah blah blah PATCHOULI blah blah…

No, that might have been me: I left it out then added it very quickly before I thought anyone could have even read it. Sorry!!

• boojum says:

LOL! Even so, I stand by what I said… 4-5 notes, then it’s all blah blah blah unless there’s a “bad” note that leaps out at me, like patchouli.

• Daisy says:

LOL @ blah blah blah PATCHOULI blah blah blah….. only for me it would be more like : blah blah blah RASPBERRY blah blah blah.
            I hear you, girlfriend.

• _Sweet_Dreams says:

I am totally with you on that, I could live without apple as a note. But the rest of it sounds very wearable.

7. Jill says:

Hmm, I wonder if it’s anything like Laurence Dumont’s Tendre Madeleine, which is also inspired by a madeleine! I like that one, it’s a good comfort scent.

8. Tati says:

Nina’s been one of my favourites for a while now and I’ve figured I usually lean more to gourmand or citrusy fragrances so I’m kind of excited about trying this! … Except for the fact that Nina fragrances take forever to get to the U.S.? Hahaha (where is Ricci Ricci?!)

They really do take forever to get here.

9. raluca says:

how much pinkier and cheesier can get the Ricci fragrances?

No pinker, that’s for sure.

10. SpiritedJenny says:

First of all, I don’t know scents like the rest of you one here, but I do love fragrances nonetheless. I just received this. After trying Nina, and really liking that one, I ordered this online without knowing what it smelled like at all. I love this one! It is light and suitable for the office this summer. It is a “young” scent, but I think its lovely and I’m 38. On first spray, I thought I smelled tea! Le Paradis de Nina does fade quickly on me and becomes sweeter, but not sickly.