1. prism says:

her lack of eyebrows always freaked me out…

• Lovetosmell says:

Me too I will pass on this.

I didn’t even notice. It’s not a terribly exciting commercial.

2. Subhuman says:

Lara Stone seems mismatched with this ad somehow. It screams “sexy!”, but Stone doesn’t strike me as such. Like putting an oddball waif from a ’90s Calvin Klein ad in a Farrah wig and platforms. Something doesn’t click.

Also, how played out is that “circular wall of mirrors” motif? It’s in every third music video since 2006 and at least a dozen cosmetics commercials. Enough already.

VERY played out. This really bored me, although I wouldn’t blame that on the model.

3. que boucheron says:

We wrote about her on our blog back in September when she announced she wanted to get skinny… At least, doesn’t look emaciated.

I’m afraid I don’t pay much attention to models, so don’t even know who she is. True that she’s not as emaciated as some!

4. RusticDove says:

That was tiresome.

Surprisingly so. Kept waiting for something to happen. Nothing did. Good thing they kept it to 30 seconds.

5. jrmetmoi says:

Hi, will this website be reviewing the new Dior Eau Fraiche? Because they’ve relaunched it in Britain anyway, and they’ve changed to a new bottle from the older bottle decades ago.

Yes, they’ve repackaged that whole series (“Les Créations de Monsieur Dior”). Don’t know if we’ll review it or not.

6. sarahbeth says:

This was one of the most horrid ads I have ever seen! (Bleck!) Compare that to the Shalimar ad with Natalia Vodianova and you will see there is no comparison whatsoever (so actually don’t even compare just view the other one and you will see what I mean…)

You could compare it to almost anything, I should think — it’s just dull.

• annemarie says:

Yes, thanks for the tip. The Shalimar is a far better ad. But it also covers familiar ground. How often have we seen naked women writing around on beds (and in cars!) brought to near ecstasy (apparently) by fragrance. Quite often, I should say. Or did the Vodianova ad come first?

7. Craig Su says:

What’s wrong with the narrator? Is she trying to teach the audience to speak english? That’s way too slow to say “Versus (long pause) the new fragrance (long pause) by Versace”

It does sound a little odd.