Guerlain Insolence Blooming ~ new fragrance

Guerlain Insolence Blooming advertGuerlain Insolence Blooming advert perfume bottle

Next spring, Guerlain will launch Insolence Blooming, a new flanker fragrance to 2006's Insolence for Women. Insolence Blooming follows 2007's My Insolence.

Insolence Blooming is a "sparkling floral, punctuated with violet, fiery berries and sensual iris".

Guerlain Insolence Blooming will be available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette. (via moodiereport)

Update: according to Cosmetics Magazine, Insolence Blooming is a collector bottle; the juice is the same as the regular Insolence.

1. RusticDove says:

Fiery berries? Huh? No comprende.

• Daisy says:

fiery?? as in “on fire?” like berries flambe? or berries with hot pepper? I’m with you Rustic, No comprende.

• norjunma1 says:

Sounds like a euphemism for a…uh…medical condition.

• Daisy says:

owwwww, fiery berries require penicillin?? ack!

• norjunma1 says:

LOL!

• Dolly says:

Overload LOL. I need a tissue.

• boojum says:

They do make ointments for that…

• bergere says:

Sure! You’ve heard of fiery sickness? This is the skin eruption you get with it!

• Quarry says:

A new way to refer to pink pepper?

• Rappleyea says:

HA! You’re probably right – they are called pepper berries.

Beats me! Perhaps it’s meaningful in some way, or perhaps they just ran out of adjectives.

• wendy05 says:

it’s a blooming mystery! (sorry for the corny remark.. what can i say, it’s late Friday afternoon over here… )

2. fleurdelys says:

“Flamin’ berries!” Think I’ll use that as a new interjection.

• Daisy says:

“Why, bless my Fiery Berries!”

• mals86 says:

Fiddle-dee-dee, Miss Scarlett!

If it says “Insolence” anywhere on it, I am staying away. FAR away. Yes, I know I’m prejudiced by the edp… I admit it…

• miss kitty v. says:

You and me both, Mals. Fiery berries don’t help, either.

• RusticDove says:

If fiery berries can’t help – nothing can.

LOL!

3. pigoletto says:

Is Insolence Eau Glacee already defunct, or was that an summer LE?

Pretty sure that was LE. Never saw it anywhere anyway!

• pigoletto says:

Neither did I! I wonder if anyone actually managed to sniff it in person.

4. Nina says:

“Insolence Blooming” reads to me as “Bloomin’ cheek”.

5. monstabunny says:

There they go again, dragging their own name through the mud. Insolence panders to the light fruit & flowers crowd and I have no objection to their trying to make money, but that fragrance smells like a million others and has zero class. Guerlain has been cheapening their name for some time now. Chanel does better at uniting past and present tastes.

• pigoletto says:

Chanel don’t flanker everything to death either. They’re one of the few big brands I can think of that could easier trade their name for more money in that arena, but seem to be exercising an awful lot of restraint.

• Rappleyea says:

I agree. But I think that would be the difference in Chanel being a privately owned company (the Wertheimers) vs. Guerlain now being in the hands of LVMH.

Gotta (respectfully!) disagree…Guerlain released more fragrances than Chanel long before LVMH picked them up. Everybody likes to blame LVMH for everything at Guerlain, but I don’t think that holds up to a good examination of their perfume releases over the years.

I liked Insolence, I thought it was a really well done scent.

• scentsappeal says:

I liked it also, my hubby bought me the EDT when it first came out. The EDP is even nicer and if I didn’t already have more perfume than I will ever know what to do with, I’d buy the EDP. That being said, I think Guerlain should spend more of their time on developing new frags rather than making subtle changes and re-cloning old ones…gets old quick. But hey, what do I know? *Shrugs* Have a great weekend Robin.

Glad to see another fan! And you have a great weekend too :-)

• debbie says:

I like it too and have a small bottle- a number of my female co-workers, rave about it.

• miss kitty v. says:

I have to say that I may be in a punchy mood, but “There they go again, dragging their own name through the mud” cracked me up.

6. cazaubon says:

Oh lordy, another insolence – and I couldn’t stand any of the previous ones. I plan to give this one a wide berth as well.

7. Dolly says:

Maybe the berries are on fire because violet punctuated. Any how, it sounds suspiciously like another fruity/floral, but being Guerlain, I have faith.

8. Dolly says:

Perfumistas and senses of humor on this site. Great combinations.

We never run out of snark.

9. abirae says:

For me, Insolence is like dischordant free jazz when I have a headache – I can respect it, but I just don’t have the energy for it.
    Insolence struck me as Guerlain’s answer to YSL’s Paris and Baby Doll, both of which I can respect from a distance, but with violet instead of rose. Violet is such an odd and distinctive note, I’d like to sniff how they combine it with the infamous firey berries. It could be very weird.

Could be, but guessing that as with the My Insolence, they’ll try to make it have more mass appeal than the original.

10. Absolute Scentualist says:

Insolence seems to me to have the feel of the description for YSL’s Parisienne, which I haven’t smelled yet. It was trying to be over the top and a bit screechy given the name, and I like it for that. Not in large doses, but I love violet and berries and thought it vibrant and fun. Definitely not subtle or sultry, but like the zippy friend who’s always got a lively bit of chatter and instantly ready smile every time you see them, even if these very characteristics can be a bit trying at times.

I like Baby Doll and Paris for similar reasons, and while I’ve only smelled the Insolence edt and My Insolence, which I also liked, I’ll give this one a try if I’m able. I wish they had a set of all Insolence’s variations. That would be really fun.

The flaming berries descriptor instantly called to mind some sort of in-joke Boy Scout badge like something you’d get for getting too close to poison ivy or sumac while relieving yourself in the woods. Yikes!

Parisienne turns out to be far more palatable/wearable, I think…

11. Tama says:

Maybe it’s the quilter in me but I kind of like those dart-board whirligig thingies.

As I mentioned before, I don’t think I have smelled any of these, so can’t really chime in.

I think they’re supposed to be floral elements in the Japanese manga style. But dart-board whirligig works for me!

12. Craig Su says:

The flanker has arrived Taiwan. Tried once and I got scared. This one is monstrously sweet. May not be the same one as the original. Will try the original again.

Interesting — let us know if they’re different!