Britney Spears Circus Fantasy ~ new perfume

Britney Spears Circus Fantasy

Britney Spears will launch Circus Fantasy, a new flanker to 2005's Fantasy fragrance, later this month. Circus Fantasy follows Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, introduced in 2007, and Hidden Fantasy, which launched earlier this year.

Luscious fruits, tempting florals and creamy musks capture the magical atmosphere of the show with a colorful illusion of fun, sexiness and glamour.

Welcome the Ringleader
The spectacle opens with juicy accords of sugar-coated raspberry and apricot blossom, reminiscent of tempting candy.

Uncover the Illusion
The magic continues as blue peony, waterlily and addictive red sweetheart orchid take the limelight with delicious sensations and exhilarating temptations.

Steal the Spotlight
The grand finale is a captivating sense of seductive sensuality, blending sweet vanilla wood, creamy musks and violet candy.

Britney Spears Circus Fantasy is available now for pre-order at Elizabeth Arden, in 100 ml Eau de Parfum for $55. (via elizabetharden, with many thanks to APassionateJourney for the tip!)

1. pigoletto says:

Holy cow. When I read that Letterman top 10 thing, I thought Circus Fantasy was a joke!!

Nope! He seemed to think so too though.

• pigoletto says:

You know, I like the Fantasy bottle well enough, and the colours used here are cute – as is the vintage looking design of the box. It would have been interesting if they had made it up of notes like the treats you get at the circus/funfairs though – cotton candy, taffy, funnel cake w/powdered sugar, fruity drinks, sugared donut, popcorn, etc. -except the hot dogs! and stick it on a vaguely woody base for your sawdust. I mean, you can hardly say too sweet, considering what her other scents have been like!

True, would have been more fun with “circus” type notes.

• Rappleyea says:

L’Artisan thought that was a good idea for a fragrance!

• megank4 says:

I thought so too. For extra shameless gratuitous marketing points she should have featured it in her circus video (I forget the name) instead of her other two perfumes.

2. sarah24 says:

lol I saw that clip!!! (and also though it was a joke!)
    soooo pleased that she’s got a new one coming out though!!! :-) it sounds really nice!

I’m the only one, I know, who wishes she’d do a flanker to Believe instead of Fantasy…getting tired of the Fantasy angle, esp. since she already did one this year.

• mandaluv says:

Believe flankers could have much cuter names, too… like “Believe in [fill in the blank]“

• platinum14 says:

Believe in ME
          Believe in my comeback
          Believe me: I’m not crazy!
          Believe in the the power of publicity–good or bad.

• Amanda says:

I’d like a Believe flanker too; I liked it and would like to see them experiment with the same notes.
        Or at the very least they could have restrained from naming it after her latest album.

This sounds OK, but I could have done without extra sugar being added to the raspberry and violet.

3. alltheprettythings says:

I thought it was a joke too. :D
    I’m sure it will do well with the young girls.

I can’t crap on Britney Spears because she’s had such a public battle with emotional/mental illness, and I just want her to do well in life. I still won’t wear it, though. :)

I’ll wear it if it’s fabulous!

4. RusticDove says:

This couldn’t interest me any less. So in order to cash in on her latest album and tour and tie it in with her fragrance line, they call it “Circus Fantasy”, and voila – goofiest name for a perfume ever. I guess there’s been worse, but this is pretty bad.

It’s a pretty goofy name.

5. Absolute Scentualist says:

I thought this was a joke, too. And the name… Okay. I can see Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy (which I liked), and even Hidden Fantasy (which I have yet to try). But Circus Fantasy? I never viewed elephants and clowns as fantasy material, but to each their own, I suppose. At least this seems sweet enough to stand alongside the other Fantasies.

Vanilla woods? Does that particular note come from a Ponderosa pine?

And agreed, Robin. Believe Intense would be lovely.

Circus Fantasy really is a name that lends itself to jokes…surprised they’re using it, but hey, it’ll probably sell.

6. Daisy says:

sugar-coated…raspberry…candy… I now need to go suck on a lemon to balance all that sweet sugary goo I just read about.

It’ll probably be pretty darned sweet.

• Dolly says:

I agree with that Robin. Just reading the notes involved made my teeth ache!

• fleurdelys says:

Think I’ve gotten a couple of cavities just from reading the description.

7. Jemi says:

Perhaps “Circus Fantasy” presages Britney’s next perfume: “Circus Fantasy Sideshow Freak.”

Ouch!

• Karin says:

My response exactly!

• Suzanne941 says:

I read it as “Britney Spears Circus”. How…apropos. Maybe there’s some irony going on here, but I doubt that.
      And I’m w/Miss Kitty. I’m afraid of clowns!

• mals86 says:

Ha ha ha ha! I was already amused at the perfume name, concept and description, but your possible flanker-flanker kicked me over into giggles.

(That said, I keep wondering who is taking care of those sweet little boys of hers, and whether they’re being raised right… poor things.)

8. sarah24 says:

yes Believe should definitely have some diff versions now that we have four ‘fantasy’ perfumes! think the Believe bottle would look really good in purple!

I have a feeling Believe did not do well, which is too bad…I thought it was nice.

9. miss kitty v. says:

This annoys me in some way I can’t put into words. It’s like there are too many incongruent ideas crammed into one product. I actually have sensory overload looking at the packaging. I only found the other Britney fragrances sort of humorous, but this one actually bothers me. Maybe it’s playing into my fear of clowns on some subconscious level.

Are you really afraid of clowns? So many people are!

• miss kitty v. says:

YES!!! I’m terrified of them. I always think of that serial killer who worked as a clown–can’t think of his name right now.

• Tama says:

John Wayne Gacey

Oh dear, now you’ve scared me, I forgot about that.

• miss kitty v. says:

Sorry. :(

No worries, I’ll forget again before the day is out, LOL…

10. CynthiaW says:

Where’s the sawdust? hay? elephant dung?

Blergh … I was hoping that it would be more along the lines of Dzing! than Pink Sugar part 1,000,000

• krokodilgena says:

why would Britney release something like Dzing?

BS could not sell Dzing, I don’t think.

• Joe says:

Imagine though how amazing it would be if BS launched a Dzing-like frag? Her fragrance-fan base would think she had definitely lost her marbles for sure…

LOL — true! And I’d be surprised if even L’Artisan sells any huge amount of it.

• CynthiaW says:

I’d be even more curious to know how many people actually *wear* Dzing! as opposed to buying it (or samples of it) just for the experience of smelling it?

11. Ducks says:

Yuck. Good grief… I really like gourmand scents and am not put off by sweet, but this description seems to have hit my gag reflex squarely.

Wait and see, might be better than it sounds.

12. Joe says:

This doesn’t bother me and I actually quite like the box. Not that I’ll be eager to smell it or anything (raspberry’s not sweet enough without sugar-coating it??!!).

I suppose it would have been silly to expect something circusy along the lines of Dzing! ? LOL.

The box is great…hope they’ll do a “fun” ad like the box and not something else “sexy” like the other Fantasy ads.

13. pinkfizzy says:

Looks like they spared every expense on the design. “Change the color, add some stripes, put her name in circusy script…. looks good!”

I wish they could have at least added cotton candy accord or maybe caramel apple notes to the list. It probably has them anyway.

I have a feeling the scent was already developed and the name came later.

14. bergere says:

Clearly I’m not the target group for this one, since my fantasies don’t involve circuses.

15. MontuPoopC says:

OH MY GOD I LOVE IT.
    Okay, I’m just crazy for Britney, I know, but this is too much. I love Fantasy, and I love Circus (the album), so this is SO going to be worth a try. I love the idea of it, and can’t wait to smell it.

• miss kitty v. says:

I have a friend who feels the same way, and it will probably smell great on her.

I have to say, if it was Dumbo’s Circus Fantasy you might have a better chance of selling it to me…

Hope you love it then!

16. APassionateJourney says:

You can find the ad. I saw it on one of those Britney Spears fansites. It’s just an outtake from her circus album.

I saw one, but wasn’t at all sure if it was the real ad…sometimes they turn out not to be.

• APassionateJourney says:

It’s on E.A’s website. It’s Britney walking on a tightrope with her arms outstretched

Oh, then I missed that one, will go peek…

17. cazaubon says:

Okay, I didn’t realize this was the name of her latest album, I just thought it was the corniest silliest name for a perfume I’ve heard in a long time. I can’t get the idea of her doing a lap dance with a circus clown out of my mind. And the notes… shudder. Sounds nauseatingly sweet.

• Suzanne941 says:

“lap dance for a circus clown”??!!! (Runs screaming into street…)

• miss kitty v. says:

Yeah, um, if you wanted me to leave, you could’ve just asked!

Yes, that it’s named for her tour makes way more sense, otherwise it’s just odd.

18. Nlb says:

Hahaha…everyone’s already said enough about the name. But really, “Miss Dior Cherie” reminds me more of a circus, fair grounds or street carnival: caramel popcorn, sweet, candied florals, the smell of grass, roasted nuts, smoky-smog and metal against metal or metal against pavement–with a slight amonia-mossy-esque kick. What modern notes are officially labeled as has become sort of irrelevant…but why no listing of caramels, cotton candy, candied apple, hazelnut/almonds and grasses NOW? There’s “cupcake” and “chocolate” in the other blends…but not something with “Circus” in its title? Surprising…

19. Nlb says:

“Circus Fantasy”…I can’t stop laughing. It sounds like the magical dreamworld of an “unhinged” soul. I can even hear the music and see potential advertisements, hahaha…

20. yzahbelle says:

Well not really a fan of Britney’s fragrances>> but the box is so….??!!!
    crazy? lol…

I have never been fond of the Fantasy bottle, but I like that box.

21. jonr951 says:

As much as Im so excited about another Fantasy and a Circus themed fragrance, I would love for Britney to come out w/ a new fragrance all together! In her new RADAR video there was a shot of two perfumes bottles. One being the Believe bottle and the other one I had never seen before. Heres hoping shes working on a completely new fragrance and not just another flanker. Yeah I hate that Believe isnt really around anymore. I would have loved to see a flanker of that one. The bottle for Believe is my favorite from Britney. It would have been nice to see it done up in different colors!

I hope so too…and do think 2 Fantasy flankers in 1 year is too much.

22. pleasantlyplump says:

Can’t wait to try this sounds yummy.
    i didn’t like hidden fantasy though i didnt smell a thing!!!

Wow, I found it quite strong!

23. perfumesecrets says:

This is rediculous… it’s the same color as the curious bottle. Couldn’t she have chosen an emerald green or some other color..?
    I always wait to comment on the actual perfume, but the bottle isn’t appealing.

24. perfumesecrets says:

Oh, and the box reminds me of a Jack in the Box toy.

Hey, it really does look like one!

25. jonr951 says:

I cant believe it everyone! Extratv had a contest for Circus Fantasy and was giving away 25 bottles of it and guess what!!! I just got an email saying im a winner!!! OMG im so excited!!! Im losing my mind!!! Its the 3.4oz bottle too!!! Im so happy!!!

Oh, congrats, that’s great! You’ll have to tell the rest of us how it is.

26. Argirl says:

O M G i cant wait…i have all Britney’s perfumes!!!
    I love the colors on the bottle…I do agree with you guys that name is silly and I hope with her next perfume she changes it up!

I hope Fantasy dont turn into Glow…we dont need that many :) (I hope that came out right)

She’ll have to work really hard if she wants to overtake Glow at this point :-)

27. APassionateJourney says:

I bought it yesterday, but I returned it today. It doesn’t agree with my chemistry :(.it isn’t anything like the paper. Ah, oh well! There’s always My Glow Jennifer Lopez to look forward to :). In the meantime, Forever Mariah Carey and Lola marc Jacobs are my two favorites right now! :p

Oh, too bad! There’s also a new Sean John coming, supposedly.

28. iBB says:

I was again excited with a new Britney scent coming out since I collect her fragrances. Got mine a week or so ago from ElizabethArden .com and have been meaning to get to this review sooner so hope I’m not too far behind! There is finally a fantasy that is a bit “grown-up”! It is not nearly as candy-ish as the description states imo. To me it is very apricot/musky. It doesn’t remind me of candy at all. It’s more like refreshing fruit with a hint of flowers and a big dose of woodsy musk. It has very little staying power though, about as much as Hidden Fantasy(which is not very much!). I do like the scent but it has a pretty hefty pricetag (again imo) for evaporating so quickly. Maybe it just doesn’t last on me? I do love the bottle even though the Fantasy thing has been well overplayed LOL The packaging is very cool too. I wish E. Arden had given a bit more thought to the lasting power instead of the packaging. I do like the fact that it’s not like wearing cotton candy and I feel that I can wear this as a 30-something adult and not feel childish:) Yes I agree the name is a bit silly. “Circus Fantasy” brings to mind memories of cotton candy, elephant poo and moldy tents :P Thankfully it’s a LOT better smelling!! All in all, it’s a decent fragrance but too hurried-along and I believe the main idea was to just push a Britney product out there quickly without putting better quality into it. It’s good but not GREAT and the price is rather high. If I were you, I’d try it before buying. But who knows, maybe it will last longer on other people!

~B

29. Robin says:

B, thanks for the detailed review! I still haven’t tried it myself.

30. jonr951 says:

I still havent gotten mine yet but i got to try it at Macys today. I love it but not as much as Hidden and the original! It sure beats Midnight for me though. To tell you the truth, it isnt at all that sweet to me. Its quite tart/bitter to me and i like that! Maybe im crazy but i really didnt find it to be that sweet! Cant wait to hear what u think about it Robin!!

Oh, good — glad to hear they’ve toned down the usual sweet!

31. I found this today at Kohls and tried it. First, let me say I absolutely love the original Fantasy and wear it all the time. I also like Midnight Fantasy. So when I saw Circus, I was really excited about trying it, thinking it would surely make its way to my perfume shelf.

Well… the first notes smelled really good to me, so I waited to see how it would evolve. Surprisingly, it evolved into this really weird, nauseating smell on my skin!! I mean, it actually started to make me feel sick. It could be because I was surrounded by a hundred other smells, but even on my way home, I couldn’t stand it. I had to wash my wrist 3 times before the smell would fade, but it wasn’t gone.

I don’t want to set my judgment in stone just yet, but I don’t think I’ll ever be buying this one for myself. Definitely not for me. It smells strange, the best way to put it is by saying it’s a sickening sweet (and I love the gourmands!!), mixed with a cheap woodsy note that didn’t blend well with the flower notes. For my taste, just plain weird…

I think lots of people will like it nonetheless, but this one isn’t for me. I’ll stick with the original Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy.

Oh dear, that does not sound so good. I have not smelled it yet, in fact, my local Macy’s isn’t even carrying it — which doesn’t sound so good for Britney since they’ve carried all her prior scents.

32. Dolly says:

I have not smelt Brittany’s new scent and probably won’t, but I shudder to think what her idea of a circus fantasy is. Sounds freaky to me.

I think it’s more like a big money concert tour :-)

• Dolly says:

Does she still have a following? I guess sales will tell.

Yes, she does! Don’t know if this scent will do well, but the album did VERY well.

33. jonr951 says:

Robin, have to gotten to test this? Will there be a review? : )

It doesn’t seem to be sold at my local mall at all…so possibly not! We’ll see.

34. jonr951 says:

So EXTRATV sent me a 1.7oz bottle of Circus Fantasy which was a mistake bcuz the contest said a 3.3oz so I got to keep the 1.7oz and I just got my 3.3oz today. Pretty awesome! I LUV it but I wish it was Hidden! Hiddens my favorite. lol.

Two bottles — good for you!

35. jonr951 says:

Id luv to make u a sample but Im all out of my vials. Ill have to order more real soon. : )

Thanks for the kind offer — but no worries, I’m so behind I can hardly get to all the samples I have!

36. sarah24 says:

got this the other day! really like it! reminds me of Bestey Johnson but then I find that’s the case with a lot of perfumes.

It’s true that so many things smell similar. Glad you like your new bottle!

37. cerl09 says:

I recently smelled this perfum at Kohl’s and thought it wasen’t that sweet (especially compared to her past Fantasy perfums). In all i thought the scent was ok but preferred the orginal fantasy over Circus Fantasy.

p.s i agree the name is redicolus, but the box gets everyones attention, Hey Whatever works!

Glad to hear it isn’t overly sweet, thanks!

38. jennypretty says:

Hello Ladies,
    This is a wonderful fruity/ctrus concoction. It doesn’t scream “CANDY!” like Fantasy. It’s lighter and more perfect for every day or office use. Very subtle.

39. gangurogeisha says:

I got Circus Fantasy from CVS recently, and I absolutely love it! It smells like sugar-encrusted fruit, which is a fragrance I just can’t resist.

40. jonr951 says:

Radiance Britney Spears!!!!!! OMG!!!! Its on the fragrance foundation website!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! “Luscious berries and dewy petals enfold a radiant heart of lumious pure white flowers, lit from within by the glow of precious resins and woods.” OMG!!!!!!

41. jonr951 says:

Hmmm…not to my taste, but better than many. Thanks!

42. jonr951 says:

LOL! When I 1st saw it I was like “what is Robin gonna think of that bottle?” Better than Fantasys? LOL! She seems to love the pink & blue combo. I would have chosen differently but hey, I’m not Britney! : )

43. Owen says:

it smells less mouth wateringly glamorous than described.
    and dissapeared within an hour aswell.
    I like the bottle though, I’m getting my friend it for her 18th birthday lol.
    only the 30ml mind, I don’t think she’s smelled it and she likes alot of the other Britney perfumes so it seems perfect.

44. Caseya7x says:

I was at kohls when i smelled this. I don’t smell the floraly notes or the fruity notes at all to be completely honest with you. My friend told me she smelled it and she described it as smelling like sugar and flowers. So i thought i would try it, it smells more like if you mixed cotton candy body spray and mens cologne in a bottle that’s what the outcome of this perfume smells like, I have heard so many different reviews on this scent, I also have heard it smells very soapy, (not really) It does have that fresh and clean scent to it though. It is also very sugary but not as much as the others and it smells a lot like body wash. Its different then most perfumes i evr smelled though. Out of ten this perfume deserves a 6 it is cute in its own way, i would say before you buy it spray it on your wrist to make sure you like it. Hope this helps! :)

45. syuri says:

Didn’t want to discriminate just because it was a celebrity perfume… didn’t want it ‘on’ me when I smelt it in the bottle though, so I used a paper sampler and just chuck it in my schoolbag. Upon opening my bag my seatmates thought it was Marc Jacob’s Daisy through it’s heart notes. The drydown between the two is very different, but in its heart- it does resemble a (mind you- very) low budget version of Daisy.