Helena Rubinstein Wanted ~ new perfume

Demi Moore for Helena Rubinstein Wanted fragranceThis month, Helena Rubinstein launches Wanted, the brand's first fragrance launch since 1985's Barynia. Wanted is fronted by actress Demi Moore (you can see the Wanted video spot here) and was "inspired by a strong yet sensual woman".

Wanted is a fresh floral, and was developed by perfumers Dominique Ropion and Carlos Benaïm. The notes include magnolia, ylang ylang and iris over a woody base.

Helena Rubinstein Wanted will be available in 30 ml Eau de Parfum; I will update with other sizes when I can find them. It will debut at Macy's in the US in November. (via cosmeticnews, vogue.fr, culturezap.fr)

Update: Helena Rubinstein Wanted is also available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Another update: see a review of Helena Rubinstein Wanted.

1. miss kitty v. says:

It doesn’t sound that enticing, but both perfumers on board are certainly not minor leaguers.

As yet though they’ve barely described it…for such a major launch would think they would have done a better job on the ad copy.

2. Daisy says:

Demi is gorgeous even when she’s not airbrushed into a plastic doll….and I think she’s a fine choice as their front person (even if her significant other makes me nauseous). She strikes me as a strong woman. However this fragrance (by their description) strikes me as incredibly ordinary fare.

It doesn’t sound that compelling. Will look forward to smelling it though!

3. PetronellaCJ says:

Coincidences – I just won a miniature set with Barynia on Swedish ebay. Know nothing about it, bidded on the set for the Bal à Versailles and Niki de Saint Phalle bottles. Crossing my fingers they have not gone bad!

• mals86 says:

I really like Bal, but the sample of Niki is languishing in my box… I sniffed it, and it seems very bitter and mossy. Maybe it would be right in the humid weather, though, I should test it soon.

• Haunani says:

A friend gave me a little bottle of the Niki, and I liked it quite a bit! The bottles are wonderful – I would love to get the one for my “sign” or the cat or the bird.

Hey, good for you! I’d never even heard of it until I went searching today.

4. mals86 says:

I agree with both of you, MissK and Daisy – sounds pleasant and unditzy (no fruit!) but dull.

(Despite my Dissing of Modern Fruity, I note that I am waaaaiting for my test dose of Naked Honey to wear off so I can go spritz some fruity Ines de la Fressange. NH smells like orange blossom air freshener for a good two hours after its truly gorgeous locust blossom opening that lasts, alas, all of ten minutes. Woody drydown is nice, though, and I appreciate that my Perfume Enabler, um, Buddy, sent me a sample!)

I can’t believe I still haven’t smelled it! I’m long overdue for a shopping trip.

• miss kitty v. says:

The MAC fragrances are disappointingly short-lived. :( I have tried to overcompensate by putting A LOT on, but then it’s just deadly and overwhelming for a couple hours, and still dissipates to nothing afterwards.

• monstabunny says:

The two new honey frags from MAC are very long-lasting – too much so if you don’t like them (and I didn’t).

• miss kitty v. says:

Weird. Neither of the honeys lasted very long on me.

• Tama says:

They lasted all day on me just from the brief spritzes in the store and I like them both. Naked Honey (lol I ms-typed that as Naked Hiney) makes me quite swoony the whole way through and has a bit of HG about it for me.

• Daisy says:

Freudian slip of the fingers??? wait, don’t tell us….

• Daisy says:

You may be waaaaaiting for a while—that Naked Honey was a long term committment on me! ;-)

5. thenoseknows says:

I Love The Ad… Love the Classical Proportions of both the Scent and the BEAUTIFUL Bottle. Magnolia, Ylang and Iris are all scent faves of mine, so i have no trepidation about loving this scent… maybe it won’t be Amazing of an Apocolyptic Scale…. but then again very few fragrances are… this seems like something Beautiful, Womanly, Graceful and Luxuriant…. are any of those at all bad things?????

LOL…no, so long as any of them come true, and it isn’t just another dull fresh floral ;-)

6. flittersniffer says:

Magnolia, ylang, iris, woody base? It’s wanted!

Hope it will turn out want-worthy :-)

• I now have that Bon Jovi song stuck in my head: *Wanted…wanted dead or alive!*

7. thenoseknows says:

Hold Up….. Isn’t Jesse McCartney supposed to be coming out with a fragrance of the same name sometime in the near future?????? Uh-Oh… Looks Like a Fragrance rename Going on!

8. Absolute Scentualist says:

*yawn* Sounds pretty, but not that original. I do like magnolia, though, and this seems as if it would be totally safe and inofensive, at least.

I called my local Macy’s to see if they carried either of the new MAC frags for sampling (I own some of their cosmetics but bought them online) and was primly informed that they do not carry anything from the brand. :( They sound so lovely, but I hate buying unsniffed.

Gosh, my Macy’s has a MAC counter.

• miss kitty v. says:

A lot of them don’t. None of the ones here in Portland do. Is there a Nordstrom near you, AS?

• miss kitty v. says:

Oh–and if I could ever figure out how to decant samples, I would be happy to send you some.

9. pyramus says:

She looks like a Real Doll and it creeps me out. Same as Madonna in those new Louis Vuitton ads. Hideous.

Yeah? I thought she looked pretty, but looking again I guess she does look a little “too too” perfect.

10. perfumesecrets says:

Hmm, very retouched. That doesn’t even look like Demi. That person looks 25.

Helps that she’s lying down, too. But she looks pretty darned good all the time.

11. Okay, it could be a really good perfume, but it is HR so I have no idea… Did not even know they have perfumes!

I love Demi Moore though. I hope it comes to Germany.

I think HR is bigger in Germany than the US…you’ll probably get it long before we do.

12. ARIANE says:

This is a pretty nice fragrance with an interesting construction. It does not smell that great on the blotter but is warm and woody and quite different on the skin. The orris is not the dry dusty kind, but the creamy rich sensuous kind. The musks are new and modern, and the woody note rather unexpected with an overdose of a fairly masculine material. I’m not done with it yet but right now – thumbs up.

Thanks! I haven’t tried it yet.

13. minnie08 says:

Believe me when i tell you: You r going to love this perfume, I was in Paris in July and I went crazy over it. It’s out of this world!

Thanks! Have been hearing very mixed reviews.

14. parfumliefhebber says:

The scent is nothing I must have. I found it not, well, something to remember. It is nicely done, but that is all.

Been too busy to go try it.