Twilight ~ new perfume

Twilight is a new perfume launching in conjunction with the new movie of the same name, which was in turn adapted from the popular novel by Stephenie Meyer.

The forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest! So take a bite of this apple-shaped bottle. It contains a delicious lavender and freesia scented perfume.

Twilight is available in 80 ml "Scented Perfume Spray", $48, and can be purchased at Hot Topic, one bottle per customer. It can also be found at selected Borders stores. Many thanks to Charlene for the tip!

1. Anonymous says:

seriously, why is it in a nina ricci bottle?!?!

2. Anonymous says:

No idea — it's a pretty blatant copy!

3. Anonymous says:

LOL
    The bottle is supposed to look like the book cover…
    and apparently that is what Bella smells like to Edward
    my sister told me this… I did not read the book!!!!!

4. Anonymous says:

Ah..I was wondering why the undead would smell like lavender and freesia…it makes more sense that it's the girl who smells like that.

5. Anonymous says:

Twilight is REALLY REALLY huge at my school btw
    all I ever hear is people talking about ~*Edward and Bella*~
    My school will probably be smelling like lavender and freesia

6. Anonymous says:

The notes are written on the box — not sure I've ever seen that before.

7. Anonymous says:

Hope you like lavender & freesia then! Doesn't sound too appealing to me.

8. Anonymous says:

I don't know what freesia smells like, to be honest.

9. Anonymous says:

It's not even a blatant copy: it IS the Nina bottle. If you Google “nina ricci” and click “Images”, you'll see that every promotional shot of the bottle is exactly, precisely that bottle, at the same angle and everything.

Could this be a joke or a hoax? It just seems really weird that the house would either license out the bottle to someone else (thus diluting the brand) or buy a mass-produced bottle that anyone else could also buy and market, especially since the bottle is an update of the 1952 Fille D'Eve apple bottle.

10. Anonymous says:

Wow–I saw this and even checked my own bottle of Nina—it is **exactly** the same! I wonder if the Twilight inscription on the bottle is the loophole that would allow the manufacturer to Twilightize the bottle—I can't imagine that the Riccis are too happy, though!

11. Anonymous says:

“Nina Ricci bottle!” My first reaction when I saw the picture. That's so weird. I don't even like that particular Nina Ricci fragrance, and not to be snob or anything, but I doubt this could possibly be any better.

12. Anonymous says:

I love the smell of real freesia, but it's very different in perfume, and often it's so light it's hard to make out anyway…

13. Anonymous says:

I didn't realize it was EXACTLY like the Nina Ricci bottle… I thought everyone was confused about its apple-ness lol

14. Anonymous says:

This seriously seems like a joke/hoax – it seems to me if it were true, the Twilight forums/communities would be awash with news, and they have been keeping silent… I wonder… Because really, with the bottle being an exact copy of Nina Ricci, it seems very strange.

15. Anonymous says:

I don't think it would be on Hot Topic's website if it was a joke/hoax…

16. Anonymous says:

Yeah, I went to the HT website and looked and it's there… Baffled. Maybe Nina Ricci is making the perfume for them, but then why not come up with something different?

Also, I keep meaning to ask you about your username: why did you choose it? do you speak Russian?:)

17. Anonymous says:

Do a google search…they are pretty awash as near as I can tell. That said, if it's a joke I'm laughing!

18. Anonymous says:

Don't know…it does seem very odd. Also noticing that the Borders site shows a different bottle and a different price — so who knows?? I'll certainly update if I find anything out.

19. Anonymous says:

Hot Topic has sold merchandise that has seemed kind of sketchy to me

I tried to teach myself Russian, but I got confused and gave up

Next year I will be going to a school that teaches Russian, so I will formally study it then.

I found a video on youtube of the Soviet Children's Choir singing the song that Krokodil Gena sings, and then I found the video from Cheburashka and it was really cute so I watched it like a million times a day.

I made this username when I was obsessed with it

I also have all these old Russian cartoons in my youtube favorites

like Russian versions of Bremen Town Musicians and Winnie the Pooh, and then this really cute Антошка one.

I also really like crocodiles, I like Schnappi Krokodil too, but he's not as cute…

20. Anonymous says:

lol and THAT bottle looks like the Lolita Lempicka bottle

21. Anonymous says:

How sweet:) Russian is my native language, and I really like the Gena and Cheburashka cartoons as well:) Good luck on your studies next year!

22. Anonymous says:

It is the Lolita Lempicka bottle, Photoshopped into near unrecognizability, but you can't disguise the basic shape of it, or the sprayer/stem.

All this is making me think that the actual product isn't even available yet, and they're just doing mock-ups of what they wish it would look like. It will, of course, sell in enormous quantities, whatever the bottle or the smell, because the girlies these days (and more than a few of their mothers) can't get enough of Edward Cullen and his hard sparkly torso and his creepy stalkerish ways.

23. Anonymous says:

But isn't this a legitimate store? Would also note that there are many bottles available on ebay, many of them w/ what certainly appear to be “home photos” of the same bottle.

24. Anonymous says:

Why didn't I see this coming?

25. Anonymous says:

Do you think Ricci will sue? They should. They could have changed the color to black: shown them kiss in the snow, a silver bullet bottle, some dark heart shaped bottle, anything besides ripping off NR. Oh well, Kids won't care too much probably.

I thought Robin had put up the wrong graphic!

Weird things are infiltrating the perfume world.

Joy,

Becca

26. Anonymous says:

That is a cheaper version of Nina Ricci… which every time I think of it now, I remember that the model for the perfume committed suicide this year. So sad….

27. Anonymous says:

this is wild- I thought, smart of Nina Ricci to make LE Twilight bottles….

28. Anonymous says:

Right you are: eBay has lots of people selling it, and the box and the bottle are just as they are pictured at the top of this page. I still can't understand it, but somehow, the Twilight-perfume marketers got the rights to use the Nina bottle.

Good for them, I suppose.

29. Anonymous says:

“…smart of Nina Ricci to make LE Twilight bottles…”

Or maybe Nina needs to check her neck for tiny puncture marks ;)

30. Anonymous says:

L, I'm surprised we haven't had Harry Potter cologne…or maybe we have and I missed it…

31. Anonymous says:

Oh, didn't know that, how sad!

32. Anonymous says:

I kind of doubt it too…

33. Anonymous says:

LOL!

34. Anonymous says:

Don't know if they will sue — don't know anything.

35. Anonymous says:

Has anyone smelled this? Freesia and Lavender sounds somehow interesting, at least not fruity-floral… but then the book repeatedly states that Bella smells to Edward “somehow floral” (I suppose Stephenie Meier is not that much into fragrance…)

Frankly, despite my age I'm a total sucker for Twilight and was THIS CLOSE to ordering a bottle. Shame on me.

36. Anonymous says:

Weighing in late to say, I looked at your photo and thought, wow, that bottle is SO familiar… Nina Ricci, call your lawyers.
    I'll be dropping by Hot Topic for a peek.

37. Anonymous says:

I haven't read them so probably have less interest than many people…and the combo doesn't really appeal to me. I'll wait to hear what the fans think :-)

38. Anonymous says:

You know, I know zip about the legalities of copying a bottle design. This one looks so close it's hard to believe it's not from the same manufacturer, which does make you wonder if they made a deal.

39. Anonymous says:

I called our Hot Topic. FWIW she says it's a LE and it's selling really briskly (forgot to ask her how long she's had it). She says it's a “big box”, they have no tester so you can't smell it, and it's “really pretty.” She knew the notes (freesia and lavender) off the top of her head. She says the BOTTLE is clear and the JUICE is red, not sure how accurate this is if she doesn't have a tester, but thought I would share my info. She said politely that she would not open one for me to look at. :-)

40. Anonymous says:

No testers?? I guess people are going to buy it anyway, so what's the difference, eh…

41. Anonymous says:

Oh lordy! The books were unbearable enough! I have no idea how this woman got a book deal…
    (If you haven't read the series, here's an excellent summary of all four books.
    http://stoney321.livejournal.com/317176.html )

42. Anonymous says:

I haven't read them, but gosh they're popular — lots of people must disagree with you :-)

43. Anonymous says:

Well, since I work in school libraries, I'll grant her this – Meyer has inspired lots of teens to read, even kiddos who are usually “reluctant readers.” If the books promote literacy, I won't knock them!

44. Anonymous says:

Can't argue with that!

45. Anonymous says:

Sali Oguri has a review on her site, pinkmanhattan.blogspot.com. FYI!
    If this is limited edition, and with the craziness surrounding this whole twilight thing…hmmm…makes me think we should be buying up bottles and selling them on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money in a few months! ha ha. Or at least buying a bottle and keeping it locked away somewhere for about 10 years. Ya never know what might turn into a rare, collectible perfume!

46. Anonymous says:

I think people are already doing that ;-)

47. Anonymous says:

What does a “LE” mean? I'm dutch… forgive me :)

48. Anonymous says:

Limited edition — in other words, they only made a certain amount and when it sells out, no more.

49. lanimar says:

Does Twilight and Ninna Ricci verrsion smell the same? Becuase I have the Ninna Ricci. And Twilight perfume is more expensive on ebay. I have read that Twilight version is not in production anymore.

I don’t know because I never smelled the Twilight, sorry.