Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible ~ new fragrance

Liv Tyler for Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy perfumeThis November, Givenchy will launch the latest flanker to their Very Irrésistible fragrance for women: Absolutely Irrésistible Givenchy (no relation to last year's Absolutely Givenchy). Absolutely Irrésistible is positioned as "more glamorous and higher-end" than the other scents in the range, and is fronted by brand spokesmodel Liv Tyler.

The notes include green mandarin orange, red berries, red pepper, Egyptian jasmine, orange blossom, heliotrope, cedar, patchouli and amber.

Absolutely Irresistible Givenchy will be available in 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum. (via moodiereport)

1. Anonymous says:

The whole image of Liv Tyler in Irresistible fragrance campaign, and her face everywhere I see this fragrance advertised, makes me not even want to give it a try, ever. It's too much of her, this scent is her, If I wore it I'd never think about it as “my perfume”. Givenchy's try to go for a higher-end market, and especially with this overadvertised celebrity fragrance, makes no sense and sounds pathetic. Yeah everyone wants to go higher-end, sigh, even coty will soon collaborate with L'Artisan LOL.

2. Anonymous says:

November?? This has been at my Macy's since early August

3. Anonymous says:

Again with the red berries!

4. Anonymous says:

It's rare that things don't appear on-counter before their official launch, but sounds like this one is really early.

5. Anonymous says:

I must not be paying attention — seems like I don't see her nearly as often as some of the other celebrity spokesmodel-bots.

6. Anonymous says:

What's the next higher up step from Absolutely after Very? Hmmm… Maybe they should have tried Positively first.

7. Anonymous says:

I guess!! That and the pepper thing, it's been quite noticible in 07/08 fragrances.

8. Anonymous says:

As much as I love the Very Irresistible line, I really hope this one is good. (I also hope their is a men's version :] )

9. Anonymous says:

LOL — true, they've hit the ceiling now.

10. Anonymous says:

Haven't loved any of them so far, but for your sake hope it suits :-)

11. Anonymous says:

I got a sample of this at Macy's, and I really liked it! I was surprised because I don't like any of the other ones. I find them very blah; they seem like they should be called “Very Indiscriminate.”

This one does smell different, and IMO, much better than the others. It reminded me a little of AG Songes, actually.

12. Anonymous says:

Givenchy is struggling, hence the extra-early launch. They've made some changes, including the way they promote fragrance in department stores, and it is hurting them. They don't understand why their line isn't more prestigious and feel it should be more in line with Chanel. This is a company to watch over the next 2 years to see if they finally get on track to their goal. Or not.

13. Anonymous says:

Thanks Gemini!

14. Anonymous says:

They haven't got the back catalog to stand up to Chanel, obviously, and most of the modern offerings are a cut (well) below Chanel as well. On top of that, they're really overdoing it on the flankers — something Chanel is generally more careful about.

15. Anonymous says:

UTTERLY! INEXORABLY! UNCOMPREHENSIBLY!

16. Anonymous says:

Irrisitible – TO THE X-TREME!

17. Anonymous says:

TNK & Angelan, they need to hire both of you ;-)

18. Anonymous says:

I like what Givenchy is doing with the vintage soliflore flankers to Amarige (Mimosa blossoms gathered from a single year and a single source), Organza (ditto with jasmine: VERY rich and spicy) and Very Irresistible (ditto with rose: Damascena in 2007 and Centifiolia from France in 2006). They are gorgeous, top-end florals with very fine packaging, and just ooze quality and personality. I do believe that the '06 Rose Centifolia is up there with the best roses I've tried, and I've copied blogmistress Robin's Best Roses list of a few months back (thanks, R!) and managed to hit 90% of them.

19. Anonymous says:

Does the bottle look like Kenzo's Flower Le parfum?

20. Anonymous says:

A wee bit, but Givenchy's been using that same bottle for some time now.

21. Anonymous says:

Robin, if you wanna smell this its in the new Lucky magazine with Jessica Simpson on the cover

22. Anonymous says:

Thanks!

23. Anonymous says:

Not even realizing this was released in department stores, can you imagine my shock when I found two sample packets of this in my HOUSE? (aka, the last place I would expect to find something like that).
    Anyway, my mom loves the fragrance, but after looking SO forward to finally smelling it, I was very let down. Although the original wasn't too interesting, I found the first two summer versions to be okay, and I loved the Sensual EDP and the Rose Harvest versions. But Absolutely Irresistible is probably the least interesting of the Irresistible line thus far. Dare I say it.. it smells like perfume. I've worn it three times now wanting to love it, but it's nothing more than a vague, sheer jasmine over a simple woody base (and a musky, super-sheer dry down).
    It's kind of sad in a way, because I know Givenchy has it in them to make great fragrances.

24. Anonymous says:

I did a mall run this weekend, but gosh, there was so much new stuff that I didn't even look for this one. Next time.

25. Anonymous says:

I smelled it in ELLE yesterday…it's unbelievable!!! i can't wait to get… it's absolutely ..well.. ” irresistable”.. not berries- like at all,,, very sensual, feminine, ,,,simply amazing..LOVE IT!

26. Anonymous says:

Sounds like you need a bottle :-)

27. Anonymous says:

I thought I'd be getting one in spring. It's quite nice. At least they've moved on from the roses.
    But then I started sniffing the Aqua Allegoria line. I expect this one won't be happening in view of that.

28. Anonymous says:

Which AAs did you like?

29. Anonymous says:

The store I went to had just four. I like the Mandarin/Basil and Laurel for now, Grapefruit for the summer.

I think another store has more of them and a great expert on them too. Can't wait to explore more.

I still have to try any on the skin though. But anything herbal sounds good (after realizing what made the men's Armani White so special.) And I love orange blossom. Will test the fig one too.

The beehive theme is just beautiful!

30. Anonymous says:

I like the Mandarin Basil & the Laurel too, plus the Herba Fresca, and the sadly discontinued Anisia Bella. I think they do a good job on these, although a few have been dull.