Finalists for German Duftstars 2008 fragrance awards announced

Duftstar logo

The Fragrance Foundation of Germany has announced the finalists for the 2008 Duftstars awards, the German version of the Fifi awards for best fragrances. The nominees are:

Women's Exclusive

Men's Prestige

Calvin Klein Man
Diesel Fuel for Life
Christian Dior Fahrenheit 32
Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Intense
Jean Paul Gaulter Fleur du Male

The distinction between "Exclusive" and "Prestige", by the way, is determined by how many stores carry the fragrance.

The awards ceremony will be held on 26 April in Berlin. (via alzd.de, where you can also see the nominees for the Lifestyle and Classic fragrance categories)

See also: the Fragrance Awards Page.

1. Anonymous says:

I love Valentino – it is my favourite scent….

Julie

Mio Destino

2. Anonymous says:

Oh well, it's sort of like the top-ten list M/F of best selling fragrances in the stores. Very commercial fragrances.

3. Anonymous says:

Hey Julie, coincidence — that is the review I was working on for today. We're opposites though — it isn't my cup of tea :-)

4. Anonymous says:

The Fifi/Fragrance Foundation awards are always like that!

5. Anonymous says:

Seems slightly odd that two of the 'exclusive scents' are actually collections. Tom Ford would seem to have an unfair advantage pitching 12 scents at a go!

6. Anonymous says:

Yep, and also seems odd to see the Splash & Private Blend collections in the same category when they're so entirely different in terms of real “exclusivity”. They need an “ultra exclusive” category, where it isn't the number of doors you're sold in but *where* you're sold, i.e., if you're in Sephora, forget it.

But guessing neither will win!

7. Anonymous says:

These fragrances are worldwide, and may be exclusive in Germany. And I imagine that is why they get the title. It is a German award. If it is distributed widely in the US, it does not make it so elsewhere.

The breakdown makes sense to me. But I live in Germany.

8. Anonymous says:

I see what you mean, but I don't think that's it — the breakdowns for the US Fifis (also done by number of doors rather than price or any other factor) always strike me as arbitrary as well.

9. Anonymous says:

point taken, R :) thanks for taking the time to comment back :)