Chloe Eau de Parfum by Chloe ~ new fragrance

Chloe Eau de ParfumNext February, Chloé will launch their first pillar fragrance in over 10 years. The new Chloé Eau de Parfum, created under arrangements with Coty, "is positioned to be a classic signature scent":

The amber floral by Michel Almairac and Amandine Marie at Robertet is meant to embody the classic modern scent. It features a bouquet of powdered florals composed of peony, lychée and freesia. Notes of rose, magnolia and lily of the valley make up the heart over an amber and cedar wood base.

Chloe Sevigny, Anja Rubik and Clemence Poesy — "each chosen to represent a different facet of the Chloé woman: romantic; edgy, and sexy and sensual" — will star in the black & white ad campaign.

Chloé Eau de Parfum, will be available in 30, 50 and 75 ml with matching body products. (first two quotes via cosmeticnews, third via Women's Wear Daily)

See also: Chloé Collection 2005.

1. Anonymous says:

I was really excited about this until I read that they are trying to target the romantic, edgy, sexual and sensual woman. I just don't think a perfum can fill that many roles. Now I think they are trying to hard with this parfum.

2. Anonymous says:

That is a KILLER bottle.

3. Anonymous says:

Aw, I wouldn't let the ad copy stuff dissuade you…it is usually nonsense anyway.

4. Anonymous says:

Agree!

5. Anonymous says:

I bought a Chloé gift set last yr here in Canada (30 ml edt, body lotion and shower gel) and I haven't been looking around for it, obviously since then. Isn't it available anymore? If it isn't, I hope the new formula doesn't veer too far away from the original!

6. Anonymous says:

Will have to try this one. I wore the original Chloe for a while as a teenager (it will always remind me of the beach and a certain boyfriend though). Love, love the bottle!

7. Anonymous says:

I think the original Chloe will stay on the market. This one isn't meant to be anything like it.

8. Anonymous says:

Thank you very much for the info, it's nice to feel like I am on top of things fragrance-wise because of you guys. You are officially my favorite place to visit. Kudos to you, Robin. xoxo

9. Anonymous says:

I never wore it but the university halls in the seventies reeked of it. Now I'm sure if I caught a whiff I'd positively stagger. It was very, very sweet and heavy, even for that era. Yes, the bottle of the new release is very good-looking. Hope the fragrance matches.

10. Anonymous says:

Actually, this article inspired me to spritz some on today. It's all a question of dosage for those heavy, cloying fragrances. If you go light with this one, it is wonderful. And contrary to the seventies, it's not everywhere, so it's almost unique. As for the new formula, can't wait to smell it! I'll probably get suckered in, lol!

11. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the very kind words :-)

12. Anonymous says:

It is true that when you wear these old classics now when nobody else does, it is a different experience. I haven't smelled the original Chloe in a long time, will have to look for a bottle.

13. Anonymous says:

Try Target. I found a big gift set (that is now stashed in my closet) for all of $10 back in the spring! And I'll agree with the above, it is strong – but, if you use the “spray and walk through the cloud” technique it's wearable. :)

14. Anonymous says:

It's a relief that the original should be around…I remember this “lighter” powdery floral scent (as compared to a lot more headier stuff in the 80's) from back in the day–used to smell it off a scented cardboard we'd get along with my parents' department store credit card bill. Sad that they don't do that anymore, to accomodate the poor souls sensitive to smells.

15. Anonymous says:

You answered my question before I could ask it! I'm glad this will be different, as the older “Chloe” smells worse on my skin than any other fragrance I've ever tested (a combo that also ranks low among some of the more harsh natural smells I've encountered). Maybe I'm in for a better match!

16. Anonymous says:

I used to like it, but it's been awhile since I've smelled it. Not hearing anything very good about the new one so far, though.

17. Anonymous says:

I've just tried the new Chloé: to me it's a pretty uninteresting, watery/cucumbery fruity floral, quiet clean and soapy.

Such a gorgeous bottle – and such a lame scent!

18. Anonymous says:

Watery/cucumbery, ouch! Doesn't sound appealing :-(

19. Anonymous says:

Too funny! I was thinking it upped the chances I'm going to like it! (flowers, soap, water, cucumbers – sounds nice and fresh to me!) LOL! Course, right now my favorite lotion is BBW freshwater cucumber – it's so bright and green. (and layers so nicely with other things by cutting the sweetness of some of my florals).

20. Anonymous says:

Rose, if you like fresh cucumbery and slightly soapy floral scents, chances are good indeed that you may like the new Chloé. :-)

21. Anonymous says:

i think this is a spectacular fragrance…one of a kind. and the packaging is great!

22. Anonymous says:

First smelled this in a magazine and was not overly impressed, but as is often the case, has grown on me to a point where I am mildly obsessed. I think I've figured out what's going on. It reminds me a lot of Escape, a fragrance I wore in the day, and one I haven't thought about in a while….does anyone else smell the similarity there?

23. Anonymous says:

I still haven't smelled it!

24. Anonymous says:

I'll be no help — I'm repeating myself, but still haven't smelled it.

25. Anonymous says:

I've smelt this, I've smelt this!

The bottle is beautiful and echoes the juice it contains – a wonderfully elegant fragrance that is beautiful is in its simplicity. Very feminine like the clean smell of a garden full of flowers on a misty spring morning, without being overly pretty/girly or noxious. The different notes all come together, in my opinion, for a harmonious blend that really echoes Chloe. The body lotion is divine too, and is one of the very few I've tried that is actually very true to scent. Fantastic!

26. Anonymous says:

I still haven't — most of the reports I've read have been highly critical, but seems like they're a few like you that love it. I'll smell it when it finally goes into wider distribution — can't be bothered to get myself to a Saks ;-)

27. Anonymous says:

I bought this perfume 2 weeks ago, and personally I must say it is one of the most beautiful fragnances I've ever used. It is just very chic and feminine, smells of a clean day! I wear it at work, and almost everyone I see asks me ” Which perfume do you have on? You smell Great”!!!

I think its quite a unique scent. everyone must try it!

28. Anonymous says:

Glad you're loving it — and I *still* haven't tried it.

29. Anonymous says:

Chloe is feminine and personal. I like as is on me, splendid

30. Anonymous says:

Glad you like it — I still have not even tried it!

31. Anonymous says:

what is the classic one? chloe narcisse.. or just chloe?

32. Anonymous says:

Just Chloe.

33. Anonymous says:

I soooo want to love this fragrance but everytime i try it something fruity bothers me.

Amongst all the romantic fresh flowers there's an apple that has been sitting at the bottom of a school bag for a week-kind-of-smell.

I loathe the smell of most things fruity but especially apples.

However… every now and then i'll get a whiff of something utterly beautiful, feminine and nostalgic out of it…. and the bottle is fabulous!

Who knows…. maybe it will win me over eventually…

34. Anonymous says:

I have still not smelled it, but most people I know who have and who have tastes similar to mine hate it. So I'm in no rush :-)

35. Anonymous says:

…Lin-chi, Lin-chi , Lin-chi ….love fruit. I like Lin-chi and Love Chloe :))

36. Anonymous says:

Honestly, it's not the most impressive scent out there on the market as of now, but it smells a lot better than most rose fragrances I've smelled out there [Stella for starters]. The thing is, I don't usually care for rose scents because they all smell too fake and chemical to resemble a rose. what I LOVE about this fragrance is that the rose notes are not overpowering compared to the other scents, and it smells more natural than others. Lovely bottle I do agree, but I must wait to buy some until I have the money [$85?!?!?]

37. Anonymous says:

Wait a little longer and it will no doubt start to appear at the online discounters :-)

38. Anonymous says:

It won me over!!!

I finally caved and bought it and now i am loving it and people keep sniffing me and asking what i'm wearing which is a lways a good sign!

I love the bottle and can no longer smell the mouldy apple :-)

It makes me feel so feminine when i wear it.

39. Anonymous says:

Glad it worked for you!

40. Anonymous says:

Hello

I'm not sure this scent is similar with Valentino V ?

I have V it's powdery floral..

so I'm not sure that is it same ?

I pre-order Chloe and will get it soon

hopefully, it's not that same ;(

have a nice day anyway ;)

41. Anonymous says:

hello

Chloe is more of fruit. very delicate and elegant. Be wear one to all . For me then such personal scent. Chloe every smells otherwise. It melts with the skin . :))

42. Anonymous says:

is not the same like V.

43. Anonymous says:

I'll be no help, I *still* haven't smelled the Chloe, sorry!

44. Anonymous says:

Thanks !

I just got it… a little bit DISAPPOINTED

first sniffed,, pure rose not sweet at all

when time past it's become like Bright Crystal by Versace

My country doesn't have this one so I have to import,,

But have to admit, this is killer bottle !

Hope u smell it soon and write a lovely review.

I'm such a huge fan ! lol

45. Anonymous says:

you are so lucky !

yeah it's too strawberry !

have u try Bright Crystal ?

I don't know how much about fragrance

But I looooooove perfume so much !

46. Anonymous says:

Thanks, I'll try! I think in the US it is still only at Saks, and I'm afraid I never get over to Saks.

47. Anonymous says:

hmmm,,

I can wait !

haha I'm good at patience ;)

48. Anonymous says:

Hey, actually I beg to differ. I think you might have gotten the wrong scent – this is extra floral, and it's so floral I don't even know how to put it! hahaha. It's my all-time favourite scent and I've been using it since its launch. It's got a gorgeous bottle, and I heard that the pleated glass designs are inspired by Chloe fashion – one of the sleeves on their blouse or something.

And the top note opens with a rich lychee, the heart note is a velvety rose and lily of the valley i think. then after about an hour or so it settles to a warm honey amber.. doesnt that sound delicious? it's so powdery and gorgeous, I can't even stop singing praises about the scent, really.. and I love the golden colour juice..

49. Anonymous says:

haha it's lychee!

50. Anonymous says:

I doubt they had the wrong scent — this one has gotten some very similar reviews elsewhere. Glad you love it though!

51. Anonymous says:

This is truly, I agree, a very lame scent. I have tried to like it several times by spritzing it on several occasions, but it just doesnt leave any impression. Waste of money. It smells like an old diluted floral perfume that smells like- nothing worth remembering. Disappointed.

52. ceelouise says:

I was tricked by the gorgeous packaging and bought it last year when it first came out. What do I do with this thing I spent so much money on? My husband can’t stand it; the scent is so bright, it’s garish. Every time I go to a department store lately, they’re trying to push this one, it seems. I wonder if it could work on hot and humid summer days though…for beach parties, when you want a loud scent?

Sell it on ebay? Give it away to a friend? Empty it out and use it as a little bud vase?

53. Na says:

I seem like the only one who likes this. hmmm
    It’s not too sweet, not too loud, very warm – so wearable =)
    It does smell similar to bright crystal though.

Not at all, it has lots of fans!

54. jonr951 says:

I went to a Nordstrom fragrance event the other day and we were at the Marc Jacobs vender and they told us Diasy was #3 in sales behind Infusion D’Iris and Chloe. Chloe being #1. I dont really have much affection for it though. The price is just crazy for the scent and I do much prefer Daisy and Infusion. But yeah this one seems to have alot of fans?

55. Victoriagel32 says:

I used to love the original Chloe of the 70’s and 80’s, in part because the guys I was dating loved it! Langerfeld Chloe was strong so I just used more or less depending on who I was wearing it for; BF 1, 2, 3, or me. After university and into career, I just kind of drifted perfume-wise. Lately, I decided it might be fun to revisit old BF scents, beginning with Chloe (next Revlon’s Intimate). For the last two weeks, i’ve been wearing Chloe Langerfeld on my left wrist and new Chloe on my right. Conclusion, Langerfeld Chloe still has it! Strong and sweet, but VERY distinctive. New Chloe, on me at least, is light, flowery-powdery, a little soapy, and undistinguished–the ultimate perfume crime! Back to the 70’s for Chloe and me.

I liked the original Chloe better too!

56. juju says:

This perfume smells a lot like Baby Phat Goddess (at least the dry down of it). It’s a nice scent but I find it entirely unoriginal….including the bottle.

Does it? I’ll have to try them together!

57. lareinarumbera says:

hi robin, i’m back, after a very loooong absence. i don’t know if you remember me, but you did the monday mail for me more than a year ago…

anyhow, i got this as a gift – i wouldn’t in a million years have bought this for myself, seeing as i still stick to drier scents with very little fruit, or gardenia/tuberose scents (my new obsession :D)… lychee and (probably pink) peony… yucky. but my guy friend said my BLV smelled too much like an ice princess and that my etat libre d’orange rossy de palma was too dominatrix-y, and said this smelled wayyyy better, weird.

the bottle is beautiful but it’s a bit silly…silver plated collar? is that really necessary? they should just put regular metal and down the price.

my impression of this is that it’s kind of high pitched and SCREECHY in the beginning, but it settles into a soapy, fresh rose, and i actually kind of like it… i have the EDT but it must be amazing skin chemistry or something, it lasts and lasts, all throughout the day (8+ hours). i detect very little lychee and no peony at all, thank god. i get crushed pink rosy stuff, with the stems still in there – kind of like annick goutal skincare products with the “rose sap”… i like it enough that i find myself reaching for it during the day when i want to wear something that’s more widely appealing… i still wear my rossy at night though, dominatrix-y or not ;)

anyhow, here’s my long rant, and btw, i started a beauty blog, i review scents every now and then so you should visit if you get a minute (and link me if you feel my blog is linkage-worthy, desperate for readers over there…). the address is lareinarumbera.blogspot.com.

Ines

Hi Ines, nice to see you again! And congrats on the blog — I’ll check it out. You should edit your profile to add the URL, then your user name will become a link to the blog.

58. fiabelle1 says:

this is the best perfume i have smelt in a long tym!!! its jus too amazing for words, and it lingers for hours

Glad it works for you!

59. Owen says:

I’m getting my friend Chloe eau de toilette for her 18th birthday :)