Montana Mood trio & Agent Provocateur Maitresse ~ new fragrances

Montana Mood Sensual fragranceMontana has launched a new trio of fragrances called Montana Mood. Montana Mood Sensual (shown) has notes of pink pepper, cyclamen, orchid, heliotrope, musk and vanilla. Montana Mood Sexy has notes of wild freesia, mignonette, peony, leather and patchouli; Montana Mood Soft features iris, almond blossom, bergamot, mandarin, amber and vanilla.

The trio is available now in France. (via cosma-parfumeries) All three fragrances are sold in 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Agent Provocateur Maitresse perfumeAgent Provocateur will introduce Maîtresse in late August:

Top notes include white lotus petals and ylang ylang with a heart of osmanthus flower, jasmin sambac and orris bud together with rose absolute and violet leaves. The base accord combines white suede, musk, Iso E super and hot amber oils. (via cosmeticsint)

Agent Provocateur Maitresse is an Eau de Parfum and is available in 50 and 100 ml.

1. Anonymous says:

Thanks, Robin! I'm instantly lemming Montana Mood Soft and AP Maitresse.

2. Anonymous says:

Oh, you just know that in the U.S., something called “Maitresse” is going to be widely mispronounced as “Mattress”. Maybe you can mix it with one of those three new Montana scents and have Sensual Mattress, Sexy Mattress, and Soft Mattress.

Nice of the Montana folks to re-use that spectacular bottle from the very first Montana scent. Can any of the new ones be as good as the amazing original? Perfumery has changed a lot in the last twenty years.

3. Anonymous says:

The Maitresse sounds interesting to me too!

4. Anonymous says:

LOL, Sensual Mattress — perfect!!!

5. Anonymous says:

Who the heck is/are Montana? Clothing designers? I could google, but then I'd have to leave NST to do it. Their trio sounds nice, I must admit. And 'Maitresse' I read as 'Matisse,' possibly because it's 5:38am here and because I just finished that two-volume biography of him. Anything with osmanthus can't be all bad, right, NST?

6. Anonymous says:

French designer Claude Montana, about whom I know nothing. Ah, a Matisse fragrance would be nice too…

And love osmanthus…but didn't love the new Agent Provocateur which had osmanthus, so I'd say: maybe.

7. Anonymous says:

I was excited about Maitresse, but upon trying it, I was unfortunately greeted with an overly sweet opening and a scent that quickly turned into a damp and dusty flower vase smell; as if someone had left a bouquet on in the back room of a seedy brothel for two weeks without any fresh water. Yuk, yuk, yuk. So, definitely doesn't agree with me! (Hello, by the way, I'm a long time lurker here, a lifetime fragrance lover & I guess I could say perfumer in-training too…).

8. Anonymous says:

I still haven't tried it, but haven't heard any raves about it either…are you in the US? I didn't think it was here yet.

9. Anonymous says:

I'm in England. :)

It's heavily featured eeeeverywhere right now. Or so it seems.

10. Anonymous says:

Aha. I don't think any of the Agent Provocateurs make that much of a splash here, but we'll see when this one finally gets here :-)

11. Anonymous says:

I was walking around San Francisco tonight and walked right into Agent Provocatuer shop. I got a sample of Maitresse. At first, it smelled just a little sweeter than the original AP, but after I got home it just smelled ok. I am still a fan of the original AP. For some reason, I like the way it smells on me. Nice, classy and just a tad powdery.

12. Anonymous says:

I like the original too…haven't seen many glowing reviews of the new one, and haven't tried it yet myself. If it is sweeter, doubt I'll like it!

13. Anonymous says:

Ok, I figure out what the problem is with Maitresse… When I sprayed it on, its nice and full.. Smelled really classy and sexy. And then the dry down came. And that smell like something cheap. I was so disappointed. I'll be sticking to the original AP.

14. Anonymous says:

I had the same experience. I loved the initial spritz but within a few minutes it turned into dump-a-date sour flowers! If you liked the first glimpse of it though, it reminded me of Annick Goutal's Passion which is a much classier fragrance anyway when someone special asks you what you're wearing . . . . Does anyone else agree they smell similar?

15. Anonymous says:

Interesting — but I *still* haven't tried Maitresse so can't comment!