Candle report: L’Artisan Sous La Glycine

L'Artisan Parfumeur Sous La Glycine candle

A scent of flowers blooming in the garden carried by the wind through the opened veranda door — opulent white lily, delicate whisper of jasmine, soft acacia, overlaid with a bit of foliage. Although the scent is supposed to be predominantly wisteria, this is not what I smell in the air when the L'Artisan Sous La Glycine candle is burned. To my nose, it is more of a floral mélange with a hint of grass, leaves, green twigs to lend it freshness. Very long lasting and beautiful.

Another thing that impresses me about L'Artisan candles is the lack of soot and smoke. Once the candle is blown out, there is no smokiness in the air, competing with the lovely scent. Although expensive, I would not hesitate to recommend this candle to those who decide to splurge, because it is definitely worth its price tag.

The large size (175g) is approximately $50, the smaller votives are $16.50. For buying information, see the listing for L'Artisan under Perfume Houses.

1. Anonymous says:

Sounds heavenly! (Just what I need–a newfound predilection for expensive candles.) This may be the one Bois de Jasmin said she thought I'd like.

2. Anonymous says:

It does sound heavenly! What especially appeals to me is the lack of smoke once the candle is blown out. Because usually what happens is, here I was, bruning a lovely scent all evening, the smell of Pina Colada or Aubepine in the air, I blow out the candle and suddenly I am in a musty small church somewhere where all the candles were suddenly blown out… I should invest in L'Artisan.

3. Anonymous says:

It is indeed! I thought of you when I burned Monday night.

4. Anonymous says:

“Musty small church” is exactly that! I actually like the smell, but I agree that it is not exactly what I would like to be competing with the scent of my candle. I love all of L'Artisan candles, other than perhaps Mimosa. It is a bit too faint.

5. Anonymous says:

I always thought the smokiness came from the wick not being trimmed enough? Didn't realize it was different across differect brands, not maybe I have to switch from Diptyque! This scent by the way sounds amazing – floral but not to heady to be an allover-the-home scent. Yum!

6. Anonymous says:

Yes, wick being improperly trimmed is one issue, but candle brand makes a difference as well. L'Artisan never fails to please. I also like the new Invitation Creole candle.

7. Anonymous says: