Tuberose fragrances: a few more to consider

i Profumi di Firenze Tuberosa d' Autunno

I will not even attempt a comprehensive list of tuberose perfumes, but here are a few tuberose soliflores that I have enjoyed trying.

Caron Tubéreuse: This is an elegant, beautiful tuberose with just a smidgen of the dark Caron undertone. I have not seen this online yet, so perhaps it is still available only in parfum form at the Caron boutiques. Very much worth seeking out.

Creation Mathias Tubéreuse: Sheer rather than lush or creamy, and has an almost salty quality. Nicely done but not a favorite of mine.

i Profumi di Firenze Tuberosa d' Autunno: By no means a duplicate of Tubereuse Criminelle, but it is in the same vein, albeit without the startling top notes. Lush but cold. If you wanted to like Tubéreuse Criminelle but couldn't, do try this one.

L'Artisan Tubéreuse: Buttery but also a tad sharp, and not as deep & lush as the MPG (see below). Not my favorite; I like their white floral blends (La Chasse aux Papillons & La Haie Fleurie du Hammeau) better.

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Tubéreuse: Deep, green and lush, has a nice warmth from the ambergris. Lovely and not overly sweet.

If you know something else fabulous, do comment!

See also: Frederic Malle Carnal Flower, Robert Piguet Fracas.

1. Anonymous says:

Thanks for these reviews! What's a “solifores?”

2. Anonymous says:

Morning R!

I think the Caron and IPF fragrances sound interesting. Normally I am not a tuberose fan. I might have changed my mind based on a candle! I was in Bath and Body and I could not stop sniffing their tuberose candle. That might be my next fragrance project after my Guerlain quest!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

3. Anonymous says:

Just fancy speak for a fragrance that features a single floral note.

4. Anonymous says:

Was it one of those Bendels candles? They are really nice and the price isn't too bad.

5. Anonymous says:

An interesting Tuberose to try is Madini's Nardo. Full, lush, heady and strong- this one is no shrinking violet. However, being an oil, its drydown process is less colorful than fragrances with an alcohol base.

Would love to try the Caron at some point. A trip to any of the boutiques seems unlikely at this point for me though.

Thanks for the reviews.

The Key

6. Anonymous says:

I will have to look for the Madini Nardo. The only one in that line I've tried so far is Fougere, which did not work for me at all.

I don't know why the Caron has not gone into wider release, and I wish Caron would bring back their website!

7. Anonymous says:

Annick Goutal has created also an soliflore: La tubereuse.

It's delicious..

8. Anonymous says:

F, I have heard of it but never tried it, will have to add it to my list!

9. Anonymous says:

Oh!, there are two “tuberoses” that are the best tuberose fragrances I've smelled. One is “Marc Jacobs” for women. Although it's marketed as a gardenia fragrance, IMO it's one the best Tuberose fragrances in the market. It really captures the smell of a fresh cut tuberose kissed by morning dew. It's very nice, creamy and fresh with that nice lactonic note I love from fresh tuberoses. It dries down to a soft clean musk and peppery notes. I think those who don't like syrupy tuberoses or heady sweet tropical florals would find this one wearable. The other fragrance is “Michael Kors”. It resembles Marc Jacobs a bit, but It's a bolder creamier tuberose with warm spices and inscence notes. The inscence part is light and most noticeable in the dry down. Tommy Bahama is another very nice tuberose based fragrance, but the citrusy top notes makes the tuberose smell more like fresh frangipani flowers. Still very lovely.

10. Anonymous says:

I can never keep the Michael Kors & Marc Jacobs straight, I know I've tried them both, can't remember which is which. Need another trip to the mall, and this time I'll take notes :-)

11. Anonymous says:

I've sniffed it many times and although nice, I didn't think it smelled anything like Tuberose.

12. Anonymous says:

I just went to The Perfumed Court website to order Carnal Flower, and read about Il Profumo Eclair de Tubereuse. They described it as: A deep, sultry, buttery tubereuse (tuberose) fragrance from IL PROFUMO that is not available in the United States. Eclair de Tubereuse is an eau de parfum, edp. Sounds very interesting. Has anyone tried it?

13. Anonymous says:

I have not, sorry! But most of the il Profumo line ends up here eventually, if you can wait.

14. Anonymous says:

I ordered a sample today. I'll report on it when it arrives. If I don't like it I'll swap it. Been doing alot of that lately.

15. Anonymous says:

Il Profumo Eclair de Tubereuse is absolutely delicous and it truly smells like tuberose. It's similar to Fracas but not as sweet. I didn't think anything could beat Fracas but I think I just found it. It smells like the best of both worlds between Annick Goutal's Gardenia Passion and Fracas. The drydown is soft and beautiful. The longer I wear it the more it smells like Fracas but even nicer.

16. Anonymous says:

Sounds lovely, thanks — I'll have to look for it!

17. mermaid1111 says:

Il Profumo Eclair de Tubereuse is INCREDIBLE. it is one of the best tuberose scents out there…..fracas smells more like a bouquet with lots of tuberose in the mix, but Il Profumo Eclair de Tubereuse smells like pure tuberose with maybe a note or two of something else that enhances it perfectly.

Thanks, I have not tried that one.